cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC ONE UPDATE!?

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC ONE UPDATE!?

How do you undo an update on the HTC ONE....It was working perfectly fine before the stupid updates... All apps worked decent 3g speed, but when I updated the software recently to the 1.31.... Blah blah blah.... And it messed up my phone... Now I can't play some apps ( some just close out or won't start up... Aka crash mostly) and the internet speed slowed down a lot... And now the feedback for the home or back button or even the keyboard is messed up, it works when it wants to, then stops... (the feedback)... I want to undo the updates that were recently released ... And I don't want to root it.... Well unless I have to ...  Help is very much appreciated!

31 REPLIES 31
Highlighted

TheHTCmonkey,

I'm here to help. I couldn't find any known issues or current investigations with the 1.31.651.2 update. I can provide you with instructions to reset your device to factory settings to see if that will help. You must first back up your data. To reset your device, do the following:

• Tap Home > Apps icon (located in Favorites tray) > Settings
  • Scroll up and tap Backup and Reset
  • Tap Reset Phone 
  • Tap Erase all Data
    • The phone will power down and reset itself, then turn back on automatically.
  • On the Welcome screen, tap Start.  
    • On Hands Free Activation screen, the phone will contact the network and automatically provision/activate. 
  • When Congratulations! Device has been activated appears, tap OK
    • On Checking for PRL update screen, the phone will check for and update the PRL. 
  • On The PRL has been upgraded screen, tap OK
  • You will follow a series of on screen prompts to link your Google account to the phone and complete set up. 

If you need assistance in importing your contacts, let me know.

*Julian

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
GrandMaster

keep in mind that the FR will delete ALL of your information saved on the phone..so again make sure to back everything up before doing the FR...

and i didnt have any issues with this update..it wouldnt be the first time that a download didnt load correctly on a phone..a FR will help resolve this. the app issue can boil down to either the app itself not being compatible with the newest version of OS on the phone or something glitching up on the phone itself..which the FR should resolve..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually you are not only the one who got this issue with the new update. This update made my perfectly functional phone very sluggish! Browsing speed is terrible, blink feed takes forever to refresh, to ck my email accounts takes very long, face-book sometimes doesn't even load.

Almost every function of the phone slowed down:( 3g or 4g network doesn't make any difference. And on the top of this, the phone now runs very worm, which has never happened before. I am really upset about it! I hope sprint will come up with the solution to fix this problem. It is very obvious that there is a bug in this latest update.  

Highlighted
GrandMaster

I doubt it was a bug or there would be more reports of it. It can always boil down to how it installed itself on the phone.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Maybe it's to early to tell. It is relatively new update, time will tell. Well, the phone confirmed that the software was installed correctly, but anything is possible. Is there anything else could be done besides the factory (hard reset)? 

Highlighted
GrandMaster

Pull up and double check to make sure things aren't running in the background for no reason. Have you done any of the usual troubleshooting? Keep holding the power button down until it fully shuts itself off then test everything out again. Also check to see how many things are trying to run in the background. Next i would check the battery status and see what all has been using up battery. Something might be in there that you won't see in the running apps area.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, I've restarted the phone several times, checked running processes where I didn't find anything abnormal. That's about it. I will go over everything ones again and will let you know.

Thank you for your support, I really appreciate it!!!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

no worries..and one thing that popped to mind on my way to work this morning is if youre starting to get a poor signal with both 3G/4G that alone would cause your phone to warm up on you..makes the phone work twice as hard to try and get that signal..you may have to back it up and FR the phone..i have yet to do it on a newer phone but it seems you can back pretty much everything up including how you currently have your phone set up...do the FR...then reload everything back...i have a side issue with my phone that i have been holding off doing a FR with until i get some more info on what the cause may be...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Actually you are right about phone worming up when a signal is weak. It has to work full force to be able to connect. It happens mainly at work where the signal is weaker, but it rarely happens at home. And it never happens while on WI-Fi network. But the thing is, it all started  after the new Sprint update, I noticed it right away!  If I definitely knew that FR would fix this issues, I would've done it, but at this point it's unclear. So as you say, lets wait a bit and see ...  

Highlighted
GrandMaster

It could always be coincidental to. Tower issues at work causing connection loss. Do you notice it warming up at home if you turn off Wi-Fi?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not really, I don't think so. The signal is much stronger at home than at work and the phone moves faster, but not the same as use to be.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat