Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC One M8: EMM-65535 & EHRPD: 0 in Irvine, Ca

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC One M8: EMM-65535 & EHRPD: 0 in Irvine, Ca

Hello, I am experiencing the following with the new HTC One:

• Calls lost once the other person answer, I can hear them but they cannot hear me for about 5 seconds then it drops
  • A 10-60 minute lag when sending/receiving text messages
  • Poor 3g/LTE connectivity, if any at all

I have attempted to find a solution by:

• Sprint chat
  • Walking into a sprint store to "re-register with the network"
  • Updated Profile/PRL, switching to CDMA only, lastly factory reset

When analyzing the issue on LogCat the only error I see corresponding to dropped calls is:

• BluetoothPhoneService: Could not get a handle on Connection object for the call.

My questions are the following:

1. Are there LTE upgrades that are affecting my phone's connectivity? Area code 92606
  2. If so, when will they be completed?
  3. If not, when can I expect an OTA update to fix this issue?

I understand this device is not officially released for another couple of days, so any software bugs are perfectly understandable. So long as they are patched by April 11th. Thank you.

Tags (4)
8 REPLIES 8
Master

Re: HTC One M8: EMM-65535 & EHRPD: 0 in Irvine, Ca

VENOM117-We're sorry to hear about the issues you are having with your device. We've checked the area based on the zip code you provided us. There were no issues noted. The LTE upgrade should not interfere with your service. Do the issues that you are having happen in every location or just in your area?-Ramiro Sprint social Care
Journeyman

So far, everywhere in Irvine. I'll be in LA county later today, so I'll find out if it's still acting up over there.

Journeyman

Capture.JPG

This seems to be a reported issue already with Sprint.

Are you guys working on the patch? If you guys need to see the logcat from an affected customer let me know. 

I work from my phone, so I'm trying to figure out if I should switch back to my S3 until Sprint resolves the issue.

Master

VENOM117- We're sorry to hear that the M8 are having</b>} <i>replaces</i> <br/>{<b><s style='color:Red;'>is having</s></b>}: wrong word">is having issues. We've checked the area based on the zip code provided. There were no issue noted. We recommend taking the device to one of our service centers to have it checked out. We're here to help-Ramiro Sprint Social care.
Journeyman

I will not be taking it to a service center because I am more qualified to service this phone.

This problem persists intermittently throughout Orange County and Los Angeles County.

At the following thread, other paying customers are reporting the exact same issue:

HTC One M8 Data connectivity issues

Can you call somebody higher up and figure out how much longer it is going to take for spark to be rolled out in Southern California?

Also can you get their honest opinion as to whether or not I should return this device due to the lack of reliable connectivity where I live?

Thank you.

Journeyman

I have identical problems in NYC and New Jersey. Should I return the phone while I can?

Master

VITODESSA

HTC has not listed any known issues with the device itself as of yet. If you would like, I can take a look at your area and check the towers nearest you. Please provide cross streets and zip code. If there is nothing wrong in that area, the next step is to have it looked at by a service and repair center. Let me know how I can help.

Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hi!

I have contacted HTC, multiple times, and they tell me it is a Sprint issue. They refuse to help.

I've been having this issue for the past 7 months. I have talked to Sprint customer care, they tell me to go to the store, and then I go to the store and they tell me to contact customer care.

The issue happens EVERYWHERE. Even in Salt Lake City, and other large cities that should have full coverage. When I restart the phone, I can watch it connect to 4G/LTE and then 5 seconds later it will disconnect and give me the same error that everyone else gets.

I have read TONS of forum posts about this, I have done all which Sprint told me to do to fix the problem and it HAS NOT WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!

At this point, I'm getting tired of this issue.

I have been in the store, and talked to the tech's at least 5 times. First I was told there was nothing they could do, then they lied and told me I didn't have insurance to replace the phone (which I did, and Customer Care told me I should replace it).

I would just like a phone that works. That's all. It's a simple request.

I have stayed with Sprint this long, but I am getting really frustrated.

I will gladly change phones to something priced equal to what I have, I just want to be able to use my data and not have issues. It's not that bad of a request, is it?

Please, let this be the request that finally fixes my problem.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat