cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)

Journeyman

Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)

HTC Hero 2 is basically the HTC Legend. HTC even said themselves that the Legend is the successor to the HTC Hero. Sprint is expected to get the HTC Legend sometimes March-May. The HTC Legend does not even come close to the equivalent of the HTC Incredible for Verizon.

The HTC Incredible will be sporting a Snapdragon processor, amazing camera with 720p recording, and many other amazing features.

Yes, according to a google insider, the Nexus One is coming to Verizon Wireless on March 23rd and i plan on getting either the Nexus One or HTC Incredible which will be released on either the same day as the Nexus One or 1 week before/after the Nexus One launch.

I would prefer the HTC Incredible over the Nexus one as long as it has atleast 512mb of ram which i hopefully will in the release version.

Journeyman

pewpewbangbang: It must be nice to have so many options over there at Verizon... ;-)

While you'll be picking up a new phone, we'll still be here browsing through the rumor and innuendo.

Journeyman

hahaha, actually im with T-mobile right now. Yea they suck

But im most likely going to get Verizon because of their Quad-Play discount and my mom gets corporate discounts so it would end up being pretty cheap.

Yea, look like the Supersonic isn't going to be coming till around may/june now though......sucks

Journeyman

If this helps any, check out this link. http://www.phonedog.com/cell-phone-research/blog/sprint-s-initial-wimax-phone-coming-in-first-half-o...   looks promising. I wish we knew a date by now.

Journeyman

@ bendispo: I agree with you. I will still be using my HTC Touch Pro on my SERO plan ($42.33/month) until the HTC Supersonic is released (if it is ever released).

Highlighted
Journeyman

The HTC Incredible is not the equivalent of the HTC Hero 2, if anything, the Incredible is its superior. For example The incredible will have a 3.7 AMOLED screen while the Hero 2 will only have a 3.2 inch screen, and to top it off, the Incredible will have a 1 Ghz snapdragon processor while the HTC Hero 2 will have 600Mhz. Incredible will be going to verizon, while the Hero 2 will be coming to sprint, figures. The only way we'll get good specs on a phone is if we end up buying the freakin' huge HTC Supersonic

Journeyman

No matter what the supersonics release date is (hopefully sooner but now it sounds like it'll be later)  sprint still needs to get the desire or the nexus one. 1 good phone is not enough on a network where your subscribers are starved for something decent to use. If the supersonic isn't coming until the end of the year than sprint BETTER get the desire within the next couple of months. If they don't I'll be leaving for sure, my ETF is low enough now where it won't hurt me to pay it and leave. Sprint has had nothing but garbage coming out since early October, the Hero is the best phone sprint has but it's also underpowered and the screen is too small, plus all the other networks have a version of it or something even better. With Tmobile getting an improved HD2 next month and having it as an exclusive that will make sprint the ONLY NETWORK WITHOUT A SIGNATURE PHONE! with at&t having the iphone, verizon the droid and Tmobile the HD2, what does sprint have? NOTHING! that is insane, they can tout 4G all they want and I bet the people in the 9 cities that have it right now would love it if they could actually use it, their are 0 4G phones out right now so saying "were the nations first 4G network" is pointless, even if they had a phone that could use it the footprint is so small it's not even worth talking about right now and probably won't be until sometime next year. Sprint needs to get the Desire out asap and then the legend after for those that want a smaller phone then the supersonic, unless ofcourse the supersonic is actually ready to come out before June.

Journeyman

The HTC Legend is supposed to come to Sprint. I doubt the HTC Desire. The HTC Desire is rumored to go to AT&T and it will be an exclusive device for them meaning it won't go to other networkds in the U.S. Sprint should be getting the Nexus One though as the big four carriers in the U.S should be getting it. Verizon is slated to get it March 23rd and Vodaphone some time in April.

Journeyman

I read the rumor that the desire would go to AT&T but nothing said it would be exclusive. Then again exclusive when it comes to HTC phone doesn't mean much, the Eris is the same thing as the Hero with an altered shell, sprint could easily get the desire with a slightly different look or just call it another name. Will sprint do it? that's another question but if they don't do anything but hold all the good phones back for wimax they are making a HUGE mistake, most of their customers won't even have accesss to wimax until next year at the earliest and being that sprint allows you to trade in your phone for an upgrade every year if u are on a premier plan it would be in their best interests to bring out a couple of top phones now and only hold 1 back for wimax.

Journeyman

If the Supersonic is a Q4 phone or longer, I would rather learn that Sprint is getting a sister version to the HTC Incredible. The legend looks like an ugly a s s phone similar to the GSM Leno Hero. Please Sprint don't worry about that crappy designed phone.

Journeyman

AT&T is rumored to get an exclusive HTC phone. So basically, everyone made the relationship between the HTC Desire and the fact that they are supposed to get an exclusive HTC phone to AT&T getting the HTC Desire and most likely it being exclusive to them. It somewhat makes sense. Every carrier will be getting their own superphone from HTC basically. T-mobile has the HD2, Verizon Wireless is going to get the HTC Incredible, AT&T getting the HTC Desire, Sprint getting the HTC Supersonic and the HTC legend supposedly.

Also, i personally don't think the HTC Legend is an ugly phone, it's actually one of the nicest looking phones IMHO. The aluminum unibody is sick and absolutely amazing, the only grief i would have with the phone is that it is somewhat thick. The screen is also a tad small coming in at 3.2 inches. I think the HTC Legend is probably the nices phone created to this day, HTC is rolling out with the nicest phones coming out to this date i think.

Journeyman

"the only grief i would have with the phone is that it is somewhat thick. The screen is also a tad small coming in at 3.2 inches"

these are big griefs when it comes to design...screens should be edge to edge

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat