cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)

Journeyman

Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)

Maybe I should have made it more clear, I never said the ONLY reason it's outdated is because of the version of android it's running, there are several reasons as I later explained but for some reason you can't accept. As far as the "it's not a superphone" stuff, that's true and that's my point, where is sprints super phone? some people do try to act like the hero is sprints great exclusive but they seem to forget about the Eris on Verizon which is really the exact same phone in every way other than the shell. Sprint does need a super phone to compete there is no way around that, every other carrier has at least one, hell in a few weeks the 4th place carrier behind sprint (Tmobile) is going to have 2 superphones (3 if you count the bold) when the HD2 launches.

I'm glad you like the Hero, if I was just coming to sprint that's probably the phone I woud have picked too but being that I've already been with sprint for over a year and am upgrading from a POS instinct I wanted something that really stood out, to me the hero doesn't do that, it's just a sort of middle of the road "me too" kind of phone. Also the dialer having lag is a big deal, it's a freaking phone for crying out loud and it should work well as one.

To the guy that likes the pre, good for you but let me ask you a question, which number pre is your mom on? EVERYONE I know that has one is on at least their 3rd phone because of all the hardware and software problems the phone has had. It was poorly made and obviously rushed out even though it was announced 6 months before it came out, it's a good idea wrapped in a piece of crap shell. Palm and sprint both should be ashamed for pushing that phone out the way they did.

Also the hero is older than 4 months old it's just about 5 months old (in a week), and that's a long time in the phone world, especially when sprint hasn't brought out anything worth owning since.

Journeyman

Does anyone have a bad feeling that this phone will not be announced at the CTIA and they will announce another (hero)? I'm starting to get that feeling and I don't like it. Please, Sprint announce this monster of a phone, and not the same phone with a couple of tweaks like crapple.

Journeyman

And don't forget that the European release of the Hero was about 7 months ago... and even then, the device was laggy from the lack of processing power.

Journeyman

the hero came out in Oct. its going on 5 months its not even past 5 . count your months guy . you dont count the say it came out or in this case the month it came out . from Oct to Nov is a month and until now is going on 5 . get that right first and no she has had the same pre since day one . that's your friends and people you know . what you see and witness doesnt speak for everyone else . who cares what you see that's not what somebody else is going through .

the point people are making is the superphone itself . you are throwing in an entire diff class of phones in comparison and that's what made you wrong .

you just cant compare the two . you make it seem like if a phone has one problem its bad . there was never a phone that didnt have a problem especially with the phones coming out today . the damn nexus one has issues . you are downing everything sprint does for the littles issue . i have a hero so you cant tell me what this phone is . it comes down to a personal use of the item not what you say about somebody elses phone . you can't speak for other peoples PERSONAL use . that doesnt make sense . unless they agree with you and even then they can change there mind so you say is very limited .

not trying to argue but the point is HERO AND PRE = MID LEVEL PHONES . DEISRE NEXUS SUPERSONIC ETC = SUPERPHONES . never compare the two in hardware and etc .

i understand Sprint doesnt have a high end phone YET ! I wish they did to and i hope they let something lose by the end of this month or announce or something . i agree with you on that but your jumping from level to level with these negative comments . they have no comparison man .

but its squashed now . point is Sprint needs a high end phone . we both agree on that and let that be right ? i think they will deliver . but sooner or later idk . i just think they will and people will be satisfied and thankful . so let's post news people :-)

Journeyman

the UK hero doesnt count man lols . we have nothing to do with that phone . its a carrier thing when it comes to this  i knew somebody was going to bring that up . plus it's GSM so it doesnt matter . anyways does anybody have good news ?

Journeyman

All of this wont matter in less than three weeks guys...you will all have the oportunity to have the phone of your dreams, with a high likelihood of 3.0....

Highlighted
Journeyman

theres a good shot the HTC Legend (Hero 2) will be announced for sprint as well in 3 weeks. The only complaint I have for that phone is the 600MHz processor, not because I need a superfast phone, just because I dont even think thats enough to smoothly run HTC's Sense UI. Legend's processor is only a slight upgrade to the laggy Hero.

Journeyman

The reason why I brought up the European release date of the Hero was to point out again that the hardware and software within the device are a bit dated, even if availability came later to the US market.  Whether the device is GSM or CDMA, it's processor, screen size and resolution, and OS are all last- generation.  I also have qualms about your appealing to the Hero as a mid-level device.  When it was released, it was definitely considered a high-end device by many.  The fact that we're now talking about it--as well as the upcoming Hero 2--as mid-level devices is evidence in itself that the technology in these devices has already been leapfrogged.  Like anything tech-related, today's cutting-edge devices become tomorrow's consumer mid-tier devices.

So, I think what a lot of us are saying is that we'd really like Sprint to keep up with hardware developments.  For example, since Sprint released the Hero, Verizon released the Droid... and officially announced plans for the release of the Nexus One.  Rumors, non-blurry pics, and at least two videos also point to the imminent release of the HTC Incredible.  All three of these devices offer over twice the screen resolution of the Hero, much faster processors, and the next generation of the Android OS.  Both the Sprint Hero and Moment--as Sprint's highest-end Android devices--are at significant disadvantages.

And while it is true that the Nexus One and the Incredible have yet to be released, we have a lot more evidence of their near-term availability than we do for anything comparable at Sprint.

Journeyman

I'm not going to argue about months again, read what I said AGAIN and you'll see I said it was going to be five months old next week, it's already over 4 months old, how about this 4 months and 3 weeks old, are you happy? round it up. Also as someone pointed out it's not like the phone launched first in the US, it was a couple of months old before we even got it. If you are happy with your hero than I'm happy for you, but many of us want something better from our carrier than at best mid level phones. Oh and the pre? I think you'll find that was probably the most exchanged phone in sprints history, did your mom get one when it launched or did she wait a few months after they started to try to fix issues that were universal? every sprint store and even best buy I've gone to I have asked the staff if the pre was a good phone, all I hear is the operating system is good but the phone sucks, they have all said that and that's at least 6 different sprint stores and 5 best buys. They all said that pretty much every one of the phones they gave out on launch day and most of the pre's they sold in the first 2 months were exchanged and that they still have problems with it but not as many as they did the first couple of months,  believe me I ask around before I form opinions on things. When  a sales person willingly bashes a phone you know that it has problems, especially when I let them know ahead of time I wasn't looking to buy that day.

Journeyman

Are you so impatient or unsatisfied with your current phone that you can't wait until March 24th?????????? Chill out dude, bitching for the next 20 days is not going to do anything for you and is annoying. It's all gonna be all right and we will eventually have the best phone out! Really wish everyone would just stick to posting new news about the HTC SUPERSONIC and keep the complaining to themselves. There is a smily face on the thread title not a sad one! hah

Journeyman

+1

Journeyman

blah blah ! we all good in here lol .

anyways . this is a nifty app i think . does it all for you so you wont have to keep switching it on and off .

http://androidandme.com/2010/03/news/android-app-video-review-timeriffic/

another cool app . things like this can come in handy here and there .

http://androidandme.com/2010/03/applications/two-minute-drill-statusnote/

anybody interested in the swype ?

http://androidandme.com/2010/03/news/download-swype-beta-for-android-now/

a quick review on the Legend/Unboxing

http://androidandme.com/2010/03/news/htc-legend-unboxing-and-demo-on-video-2/

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat