Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: HTC Just Had its MWC Press Conference: No Supersonic

wjackson14 wrote:

The device does indeed exist I've seen it. My buddy has one. He has been issued the phone by Sprint not HTC. Very interesting. The 4G on the phone does not worl yet because Sprint has not turned the 4G "light switch" on yet. It will be able to switch between a 4G, 3G, and EV-DO signal depending on where you are however. You will be able to stick with the same plan you are on. There will be no switching of that. Otherwise the device is as rumored 4.3 inches and that new sweet 2.1 sense UI with helicopter view. Be looking for this phone at CTIA in March, it will be released soon after that

This is the first time someone here talks about seeing the phone.

I usually look at the glass as half full, but I just have to wait for Sprint to surprise me!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)

Hello,

In regard to your comment about sprint being slow on the uptake for cool "do everything phones", it would be interesting to find out the age demographics of the Sprint customer. I've been a sprint subscriber since before it was Sprint and my husband and I had nextel phones. I am 50, the real end of the baby boom, and my husband is 64. I have a Sprint HTC Snap. And for years was a fan of the Motorola Q, and when I found out that the Q was being discontinued, I got a Snap and have had one for about 10 months. My sister, who is also on our plan, has an HTC Touch. She seems to be computer savvy, but again going from the Q to the Touch had a higher learning curve than going from the Q to the Snap. She is 8 years younger than I am.She tells me it is a miniature laptop

From what I understand, the T mobile version of the HTC snap has more features (like WIFI) than my Sprint version of the HTC  snap. Right there is a example of how Sprint picks its phones. I have 14 nieces and nephews. Only 2 ( and that is due to the fact my sister has sprint, so they have sprint.) Others are T mobile, Verizon, and AT&T. Most are T Mobile. Or AT&T because of the iphone. They love the iphone, and if they don't have one they are begging their parents for one.

I experienced a somewhat  similar problem with my small local bank. I had to move my checking and savings accounts (about 5 years ago) as the bank had no plans to have online access or online bill pay. I would ask the branch manager every month if there was any plan to offer the service. Every month I got the same shrug, and he would tell me that most of the bank's customers were over the age of 45, and the bank felt that they would loose customers if they went online as they would have to charge a fee for the service to cover costs. That small, conservative bank has now been bought out by a somewhat larger bank that offers online services.So, there must be some "old Fogies"  micro managing these decisions at Sprint

Message was edited by: cslevine- Just wanted to say that there are older people picking these phones for sprint.. also, they might need to hire some generation x or younger to do the job.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I think you will be happily surprised with this one. I've never seen a screen that glorifies a phone so brillieantly. AMOLED AMOLED AMOLED with Android 2.1. I'll keep you updated when i find out how the 4G works. Rumor is they should be flicking it on soon

Highlighted
Wizard

if it's coming, good for Sprint. Then I can use the lunch money I saved for HD2 or N1.

My son birthday is coming soon and he wants my current Hero

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was reading this thread and was getting kinda bummed. I too was looking to forward to hearing sprint bring out an awesome phone. So all day I've been combing the web looking for info. I came across a thread with a similar tone however someone mentioned the upcoming CTIA conference next month in Vegas. I did some digging and Dan Hesse is already slated for a keynote. This pretty much guarantee's a new product, but maybe not something we're all looking for. It is a little silver lining.

Highlighted
Journeyman

How long are you all going to wait?  First it was, we'll hear something at CES.  When that didn't happen people were saying wait for MWC.  Now it's wait for CTIA.  Seriously people how long is this going to go on?  I'll be the first to admit being wrong if the Supersonic is real, but let's face it people, if HTC doesn't say anything about it now when they've revealed their 2010 lineup, then I don't we're going to see a Supersonic anytime soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

You are right Dan Hesse is giving a keynote at CTIA on Wednesday, March 24, 2010. http://www.ctiawireless.com/events/event_details.cfm?calID=992

I am pretty sure the HTC A9292 is a device... in two seperate calls, a Sprint customer service rep and a Sprint telesales rep confirmed that it is on their system. But that was all the information that either was able to give me about the device.  I am guessing that in the weeks leading up to CTIA we will start seeing more leaks about this device and the Palm C40 too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

wjackson if that is true you could easily get a couple pictures of the phone from your friend. please

take the picture with a little note next to it with "Community Sprint" written on it

regarding HTC not announcing the HTC Supersonic at MWC, I don't recall them announcing the HTC Incredible either, which already has video evidence of being a real phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

well i didn't want to get anyone to excited yet, but we do have a video of it. Right now we are in the process of removing serial numbers and other personal info from it but be checking out thesearehtedroids.com and androidmobileos.com  there should be something up there within a week or so

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have to agree with you on the MWC.  I think the MWC was for GSM phones only and HTC wouldn't announce any CDMA phones at that conference.  I have also confirmed that Dan Hesse will be speaking at the CTIA in March.  So again I will give Sprint one last chance and one last show to present something that the we want.  But after the CTIA there are no more mobile conferences that I know of and if Sprint is still without a "good"........f--- that, "AWESOME" phone (ie Supersonic) - then I'm out.

Highlighted
Journeyman

wjackson14 wrote:

well i didn't want to get anyone to excited yet, but we do have a video of it. Right now we are in the process of removing serial numbers and other personal info from it but be checking out thesearehtedroids.com and androidmobileos.com  there should be something up there within a week or so

For those that don't know the first website he mentioned, it is http://www.thesearethedroids.com  he simply misspelled.  It does exist.

Highlighted

ASM wrote:

How long are you all going to wait?  First it was, we'll hear something at CES.  When that didn't happen people were saying wait for MWC.  Now it's wait for CTIA.  Seriously people how long is this going to go on?  I'll be the first to admit being wrong if the Supersonic is real, but let's face it people, if HTC doesn't say anything about it now when they've revealed their 2010 lineup, then I don't we're going to see a Supersonic anytime soon.

How many phones is HTC going to launch this year?  Only 3?  I would think that additional phones will be made available by HTC and that Sprint will get a couple of them at least.  How many HTC phones did Sprint carry in 2009?  I think it is now unlikely that the Supersonic/Scorpion will be available in March as initially rumored, but I think it could definitely still be coming.   It is really quite a large step above the Hero, so I am not surprised that some other phones, like the Desire, would be announced first.....Heck, it could easily be 6 months before the Supersonic is released....But that would still only be a year after the Hero was released....And I think we could all agree that the technology planned for the Supersonic greatly surpasses that of the Hero.

Obviously, the sooner the better.  But really, aren't most of us still pretty excited about what our current Android phone can do above and beyond what our prior phone did?  I know my hero smokes my 8830.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat