cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)

Journeyman

Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)

Wow, just when i was about to jump ship to another carrier and just today i heard about this new HTC Supersonic, been dealing with my Instinct phone just been waiting for my contract to end in Aug. So at least there hope for Sprint glad to hear of a new phone coming. Doing a search so far some say it coming end of March, so i'm hoping so. I need an upgrade.

http://www.unwiredview.com/2010/01/26/sprints-htc-supersonic-wimax-android-phone-in-clear-photos/

Message was edited by: rckymtn

Journeyman

I just want to point out something . This doesn't mean Sprint will get it but it does mean it's a good chance they will . Phone Arena usually has good info and when they have upcoming phones for carriers on their that are not out yet or even CONFIRMED they are usually right . & right about all or most carriers . & they have a little section of the Supersonic that is said to hit Sprint . So Im just saying keep faith people that want it on Sprint .

http://www.phonearena.com/htmls/HTC-Supersonic-phone-p_4382.html I personally think Sprint will get this or even if we are let down Sprint will get a monster phone sometime soon but , I think they will get it . I rather them at least confirm this and it still come out late in the year . Just knowing that it is legit is good enough for me . & i'm sure other phones will come that are going to be awesome to . Now for w.e new Palm phone Sprint is supposed to get later down the line , I don't care to much about Palm but I hope it's a bigger one . With a big screen and faster etc . That would set Palm off right and I think more people would appreciate it . Now Sprint really needs to make this device under them or , something . Cause even when they come with new nice phones somebody else get's it along side the monster phones they already have so Sprint is overlooked . It's like not getting credit for the hard work you did . Cause Android is just going to get better and better so if they were to make this phone owned by them then , imagine how much better it can get and you can just update the OS and etc as they roll out with new firmwares and stuff for Android and eventually have to come with a whole new phone but just an successor phone the Supersonic but that's not real at this point of time but , if Sprint was to make this phone owned then that's all they would have to do every year (rumors say the Supersonic is the successor of the MAX 4G. & way back when that phone was out Sprint was supposed to get it RUMOR so it could be a make up for it now?) . I know you guys remember the old big dog MAX 4G . That was when the first HTC HD came out . But neither one came to the states .

Notice how I am putting some old news and possible assumptions together . I mean it does make since and I could be wrong but it's not a far off fetch am I right ? Now I am keeping it realistic though that their is a possibility all this could be wrong so I won't be so aww like if it is . But my point being is I personally think Sprint will get the Supersonic based of what i explained . & when and if they do then , let's hope they come with a monster Windows phone to soon for all you Windows lovers . I think they will pull something out on that to cause they said at the end of last year they were ready for Windows Mobile 7 . But even so let's hope that great OS will be set in a great device with great specs and etc . Cause we all know HTC will make it look all pretty with their skinning and etc . I mean you notice no phones really have the raw OS like before . & I'm done 🙂

Journeyman

Journeyman

I that info is correct then we are looking at a 1GB ROM as well.

Journeyman

http://www.slashgear.com/htc-supersonic-is-sprints-wimax-android-a9292-1870182/

If this link is correct, then the HTC SuperSonic is going to be an LCD TFT and not an AMOLED.

@ treefq: 1024MB ROM is great, but I will still by an SD card to listen to my music.

Journeyman

I'm hoping the following are true and if so the AMOLED screen is the last of these specs I care about:

1. 4.3in screen (same as HD2)

2. Sense UI

3. Snapdragon processor

4. Android 2.1+

5. 5mp camera w/ flash & autofocus

6. AMOLED screen

Journeyman

@ acp5533: I agree with you. I am willing to give up my SERO plan on my HTC Touch Pro, to upgrade to the HTC Supersonic if it has all of the specifications you stated in your Top 5.

I hope I can get used to typing on the touch screen. My previous phones have been: Sprint PPC-6700 and Sprint Motorola RAZR.

Journeyman

don't get to hype but I'm just saying . You all know the rumor that says the Supersonic is supposed to come March . Well , it makes a little since that it would cause I have a link that says HTC should be shipping out 2.1 to Hero CDMA by March or end of it. So it does makes since to have Supersonic or whatever it is called when it comes out by then. Maybe they don't want to be ahead or beat a new device to the punch you know. But I doubt that the Supersonic would be out by then I'm just sayiing it does make since though. So don't go off saying or feeling like you know like a little kid jumping up and down oww oww . Some people get so excited they believe what THEY WANT to hear then be upset when it's not true. I mean whoever said it was lols . Stuff can't just happen like that in this phone business . People be so quick to talk negative about a carrier when all carriers have issues. I guess it's just okay when yours is not messing up or meeting your needs at the moment huh ? They have needs to meed for themselves before they can share it with the customers. Sprint and other carriers know what they doing people. They not running at OUR speed.

http://www.htcsource.com/2010/01/htc-hero-android-2-1-update-scheduled-for-march/

Journeyman

Supposedly you can put sense on the HD2 . I don't really believe this I mean I'm sure you can but not this article cause that clock looks custom instead of something HTC would put on it . I mean really a iced out clock widget ? Never that is unprofessional like .

Journeyman

UniqueNate wrote:

Supposedly you can put sense on the HD2 . I don't really believe this I mean I'm sure you can but not this article cause that clock looks custom instead of something HTC would put on it . I mean really a iced out clock widget ? Never that is unprofessional like .

If you look on the HD2 forums on the xda developers site you will see that people are developing android roms for the HD2 and I've seen some screen shots of android running on the HD2.  What they've done is run android from the storage card I think, and people have switched between WinMo and Android on the HD2.  You all will have to do a search on their website.  People over there have some amazing cabs and roms for HTC phones that can do just about anything.

I personally am not interested in running android on my future HD2, I love WinMo and can't wait for my free WinMo 7 upgrade for my HD2 this fall!

Back to the Supersonic, Sprint had better release this (highly unlikely it could be possible) around the same time as the HD2 drops on T-mo, cause if not, there's going to be an even larger migration to T-mo than initially projected.  Good luck everyone!

Journeyman

It will be 4 to 6 months before this baby hits the store.Sprint still has to get the FCC approval, add their app's, and finish working out a few bugs with Android 2.1. But I'm with you guys SIGN ME UP!

Journeyman

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=2062&c=htc_hd2_us_htc_leo

The Leo is almost a replica of the Supersonic, the Supersonic might be a little shorter in length but that's about it other than the Android OS. It can't get much smaller than 4.3". Here's a link with all the specs enjoy.

Message was edited by: rkcuevas

Message was edited by: rkcuevas

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat