cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)

Journeyman

Re: HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)

UniqueNate wrote:

a lot of people is on bandwagon . first people was on hd2 and cool i mean i was to but nothing else was out then and thats before i had the hero and then supersonic and leaked htc road map came and i seen some people switch lol . really are you loyal ?

I'm still going to get the HD2, nothing has changed for me.  I'm just interested in seeing what is this "supersonic" actually.  I love keeping up to date on the latest and greatest technology, whether I'm going to purchase that technology or not.  Until Android (IMO) grows up a bit more for my business needs, I'm still on the WinMo bandwagon and HD2.  It's a shame that I have to leave Sprint for a good WinMo phone (sorry, TP2 is just not that different from my TP to justify me paying $400 after upgrade discount) but I got to do what's best for my mobile needs.  I agree with you Nate, I think a lot of people were on the bandwagon for the HD2 at first until they heard about the Supersonic.  However, a lot of those same people always stated that they wanted Android on the HD2, so they remained true to the OS, not necessarily the hardware.  So when the Supersonic was leaked, they "jumped" on that phone.

Journeyman

Mobile World Congress

Hey everyone, I asked the lovely Ms Sarah to start a MWC group like she did for CES.  It is up and running and I pasted the link below for you to join the group.  This way we can all have our posts regarding MWC in one place and can share information, news, rumors, events, reactions (tastefully), etc.  Please sign up, it'll be fun next week!  Thanks everyone!!!

Join the group Mobile World Congress!

Follow this link to join:

http://community.sprint.com/baw/groups/mobile-world-congress

You may need to complete a short registration before joining the group.

Journeyman

I am on an employee plan, and all these new phones need is unlimited data which i have. they are still  trying to make me switch to an everything plan. I refuse to pay $70 compared to the $20 im paying now for everything.

Journeyman

slowly but surely phones are being leaked that can have wimax and sprint is the only carrier in the US that has it so could it be for sprint later down the line ? http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/articles/20100212/superphone-htc-scorpion-runs-android-powered-snapdragon-1...

Journeyman

Journeyman

UniqueNate wrote:

windows mobile 7 to launch next week ? http://www.phonedog.com/cell-phone-research/blog/duh-wsj-says-windows-mobile-7-to-launch-next-week.a...

I don't think it's launching next week, just MS will make an announcement and show the OS off a little bit.  It would definitely rock my world if that were true though!   Maybe that's the big announcement T-mobile will make at MWC next week regarding the HD2!!! One can only hope....

Journeyman

Re: HTC Just Had its MWC Press Conference: No Supersonic

HTC just held its MWC press conference, and while it announced three pretty nice phones, including the HTC Desire (Nexus One with optical trackpad and HTC Sense), there was no mention of the Supersonic.  Although the Desire looks awesome, the leaked specs do not show it being available for CDMA, so it looks like we here at Sprint are again out of luck

Here's engadget.com's live feed from the press conference:

http://www.engadget.com/2010/02/16/live-from-htcs-mwc-2010-press-event/

According to HTC, these three new phones--the Desire, the Legend (update to the Hero), and the HD mini--will be available in April, so it looks very unlikely that the Supersonic will become available in March... assuming that the phone still exists or has ever existed.

I'm again beyond disappointed, since MWC seems just like a repeat of CES... with phone manufacturers announcing some really brilliant devices, but with no sign that Sprint's getting any of them.

To be honest, I recently renewed my contract since the Sprint representative literally gave me an offer I couldn't refuse.  But, perhaps, here's another reason why Sprint's so desperate to hang on to existing customers.  I'm just extremely disappointed... even bitter.  One major reason I renewed was because I expected the Supersonic to be on the horizon, but it looks as if I'll still be stuck with my 2 year old dilapidated and outdated Blackberry Pearl--a phone that Sprint still seems to be selling.  To be honest, I'm really wary of upgrading since basically every smartphone Sprint offers is now way behind the leading edge (Verizon has updated Palm phones, Sprint's Android phones are a generation behind in terms of processors, screens and OS versions, and Blackberries really just aren't all that interesting right now).  So, I'm stuck and bitter.

But, hey, at least Sprint has me locked in for another 24 months.

Journeyman

Did you see this comment... "A record number of mobile operators have confirmed to launch our new devices. HTC Desire has been accepted by almost every key carrier in every key country we work with." So maybe you are in luck and Sprint is one of these mobile operators.

Master

The HTC Desire is GSM-only from everything that's been announced/leaked so far. Nothing showing it is a CDMA device.

Journeyman

I guess that is why they made this statement... "Also, the new HTC Sense will be available in some of our existing products, like the Hero" because Sprint is not going to see a New HTC device any time soon.  

Master

Cire wrote:

I guess that is why they made this statement... "Also, the new HTC Sense will be available in some of our existing products, like the Hero" because Sprint is not going to see a New HTC device any time soon.

That statement probably has more to do with HTC simply wanting their devices to use similar codebases to make it easier for technical support and management. Having the same underlying code you have to make small changes to for each device is a lot better than having to build every version from scratch for each device.

Journeyman

If that is it and there is no Supersonic I am extremely disappointed, but I'm not mad at Sprint. Yes, it would be wonderful for them to get the Nexus One, but as of now that is really the only phone that is so far of ahead of the other Android phones, so I disagree with you regarding Android phones. The Hero is equal to the Eris and the Samsung Moment is very comparable to the Droid (just missing 2.0). Verizon does not have the Nexus One yet, so Sprint is not that far behind them and who wants to pay that much for plans anyways. Sprint has the Pre, Pixi, BB 8530, BB Tour, Samsung Moment, HTC Hero and you still have a BB Pearl LOOOOOOOL. I would be bitter too!

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat