Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC SUPERSONIC...info :)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC Just Had its MWC Press Conference: No Supersonic

I knew shouldn't have gotten my hopes up. The rumors from Sprint store employees were too good to be true. After 11 years with Sprint, I'll say adios in April.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The hero is an old phone running on older tech.  When you have a month to 2 month obsolecent curve, the hero is way outdated.  Does it mean it wont work?  of course not, but its not bleeding edge, not even cutting edge.  I am really curious as to why Sprint is playing this hand so close to the chest?  I am getting disappointed with each phone being released and sprint not being represented.

Highlighted
Journeyman

halcyoncmdr wrote:

The HTC Desire is GSM-only from everything that's been announced/leaked so far. Nothing showing it is a CDMA device.

Can you point me to the site which shows that?  I haven't seen any hard specs yet,...just speculated.  However, the DESIRE is not coming to North America anyway...and I quote.  "Unfortunately, North Americans, you're getting screwed on this one for the time being -- HTC is only announcing that it'll be "broadly available" throughout Europe and Asia in the early part of the second quarter, while it'll come to Australia via Telstra. Supersonic, care to save us?"

If there is hard evidence that the phone is GSM only, I would really appreciate a link.  Otherwise, I'll wait til I see the real specs on HTC's site next quarter.

Highlighted
Journeyman

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=2233&c=htc_a9292_htc_supersonic This website says the Supersonic will released in June, therefore if this site is right we should not have been expecting the Supersonic to be mentioned at the MWC.

Highlighted
Journeyman

good post cire

that reminded me that the HTC Incredible was not announced either and that phone seems to be a bit further along in the rumor process.

unless the Incredible is the Desire..I can't keep up ffs

Message was edited by: acp5533

Highlighted
Journeyman

ok...Answered my own question.  Heres the link with the actual specs.

http://www.htc.com/europe/product/desire/specification.html

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint doesn't even bother to announce anything recently, they know they are behind, they are feeling the heat but careless to react. My contract is expiring soon. Defiantly want a better phone, tired of empty promises and lack of OS updates.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm sorry guys, but I really don't think the Supersonic even exists.  If HTC hasn't announced such an awesome phone that makes the Desire, Incredible and Legend pale in comparison then I don't think it exists!  I hope for the Android lovers on Sprint that I'm wrong, but there is no real evidence that the Supersonic is real.  Just blogs rehashing the same info and rendered images.  I was anxiously awaiting MWC this week to see them reveal the phone and nothing.  Even T-mobile and HTC stepped up their game this week and announced more US exclusive features to the HD2.

Message was edited by: ASM

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here it is with all the specs.

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=search&quick=1

Message was edited by: rkcuevas

Highlighted
Journeyman

rkcuevas wrote:

Here it is with all the specs.

http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=search&quick=1

Message was edited by: rkcuevas

Your link didn't pull anything up.  Here's the correct link: http://pdadb.net/index.php?m=specs&id=2233&c=htc_a9292_htc_supersonic

Until HTC and Sprint make a formal announcement, I have yet to believe the Supersonic actually exists.  Sprint, prove me wrong please!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for correcting my link, I'm with you man.

Highlighted
Journeyman

The device does indeed exist I've seen it. My buddy has one. He has been issued the phone by Sprint not HTC. Very interesting. The 4G on the phone does not worl yet because Sprint has not turned the 4G "light switch" on yet. It will be able to switch between a 4G, 3G, and EV-DO signal depending on where you are however. You will be able to stick with the same plan you are on. There will be no switching of that. Otherwise the device is as rumored 4.3 inches and that new sweet 2.1 sense UI with helicopter view. Be looking for this phone at CTIA in March, it will be released soon after that

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat