Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Touch Pro 2 and Free and Clear Plan

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC Touch Pro 2 and Free and Clear Plan

Anyone recently activated this phone and NOT had to change to a data everything plan and keep an old Free and Clear Plan?  I'm looking to move to this phone and make sure it will work with my old current plan.  Thanks.

Tags (4)
7 REPLIES 7
Wizard

Re: HTC Touch Pro 2 and Free and Clear Plan

STANLJ,

In response to your question, do you currently have a data add-on pack along with your free and clear plan? Although this phone does require a data plan, it is not systematically enforced. Meaning it may not prompt for a price plan change as the other smartphones do.

Markie_B

Journeyman

I do have the data plus pack.  I have read other post of people that have added this phone in the past without having to change their plan, but i just chatted with customer service and the guy said no.  He said after 1/31/12 no smart phones without changing to everything data  and he said he verified the HTC Touch Pro 2 specifically.  I just wanted to see if maybe his info is incorrect, and someone has done this recently.  I would like to get a new phone and this one looked like a great deal if it works with my current plan.

Journeyman

I have a 13 year old Sprint Free & Clear Plan and just upgraded to an HTC touch pro in beginning of april. no changes to my plan were required.

Journeyman

Thanks hernandez.w.  Exactly what i was hoping for.  Did you activate by phone or web?

Journeyman

I activated 2 of them a few months ago on my $85 Free and Clear plan.  I did it online.  I think it the "best" phone available without having to upgrade.  They can be a little glitchy though.  Probably going to put a Katana back on the account to replace one of them.

Journeyman

Have you successfully change to TP2? I have the fair and flexible plan and I am thinking about change the phone to TP2 but do not want to change my plan.

Journeyman

I did, i think it was back in June or July and i am still on the same plan.  I bought the phone used on ebay and i activated it using the web.  Worked perfectly.  The phone is next best thing to having a smart phone.  I am able to tether it and use it as a router to have internet on my ipad.  I can also connect to wireless networks with it.  It's a little bulky tho.  I can see myself using this for another year or two, but we are eventually going to have to upgrade.  I hope some figures out a way for us to get it cheaper than the normal plans.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat