cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC U11-Preview photo after taking a picture/Cracked screen

Highlighted
Journeyman

HTC U11-Preview photo after taking a picture/Cracked screen

After taking a picture with HTC U11 it does not allow me to view the photo. After taking a picture it shows on the bottom right, however when I attempt to open it, nothing happens. I have to close the camera and go into the photo gallery and view it. Even if I screen shot something, same thing. I attempt to view it, but it doesn't open. I've been purchasing HTC since the "Mogul" and the HTC U11 is by far the worst android phone I have ever purchased. Not to mention how easy the screen cracks and the bogus case that comes with it does not protect the screen or phone. I've never had a phone screen crack except with the HTC U11. I contacted HTC, they say send the phone in but they are unsure as to how long it will take to repair if repairable. Sprint says if HTC keeps the phone longer than 30 days and I activate another phone while it's in HTC's possession, they will not re-insure the HTC U11. Needless to say, I still have a cracked screen of which Sprint says is not repairable and there is a $200 deductible I have to pay for them to replace this crappy phone I know longer want.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: HTC U11-Preview photo after taking a picture/Cracked screen

Hi cinnamon78.Thanks for reaching out. The insurance does cover a replacement at no cost if the device is not damaged physically. If the device is lost/stolen or physically damaged, there is a deductible fee charged and the deductible is significantly less than the full retail price of the device. Just to confirm, were told about the insurance claim in a Sprint repair store or by the phone?

Palmira
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I was told about the deductible at a retail store. The screen has cracked; which is physical damage.

Highlighted
Master

cinnamon78, In this case, you can file a claim online @ Sprint.com/Protection within 60 days from time of loss or damage. You also have the option to contact Asurion directly at 1-800-584-3666.

Once you have filed the claim, you will receive your replacement device.

I can also take a look at your account and review your options for getting another device. Just reply to my private message and we can talk about this in more detail.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat