cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC U11 not carried in many Sprint stores???

Journeyman

Re: HTC U11 not carried in many Sprint stores???

I agree. This has been very frustrating and I am not sure why you would go to a store to buy it when they charge you an activation fee there. Sprint as a company gives customers incentives not to go to the store but cannot offer the product online? I am not sure why they can at least check with the manufacturer to give customers a guess as to when a restock will happen.

Journeyman GMA
Journeyman

The reason you won't find any, is because the manufacturer is out of stock for the sprint phones.  They only have the unlocked phones available, which sprint phones can not use.  The customer service rep at sprint explained that when they get them back in stock, they may have some type of promotion for them.  So try to be patient.  No one at Sprint knows when HTC will get them.  I personally think they are tweaking them to bring them up to a more usable standard and/or more colors.

GrandMaster

agreed. anyone with a job that must order things from people have ran into issues at some point with back orders..the vendor/manufacturer can tell you roughly when they SHOULD get some in but none of them will ever tell you for a fact when they will be in..due to the possibility of it not happening/possibly changing.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

It seems silly that know one seems to know when there will be more available.  I have been checking sprint.com, the stores (although it is useless there... last time I went in they had zero HTC phones) and HTC's website.  I have left emails, chatted online with Sprint and have received absolutely no info.  Very frustrating.  I see that it is available with other carriers.  Wish someone knew something!

Journeyman

I am having the same problem.  I went to my local Sprint store and the manager told me they shipped all their U11's back to home office.  No HTC in store at all, not even a display.  Seems Sprint is cutting ties with HTC, and vice versa.

on htc.com right now, U11 is available in all varieties (colors and carriers and unlocked), except the Sprint one.

Journeyman GMA
Journeyman

I gave up trying.  Contacted HTC and they gave me a general answer, which was check the newsroom periodically.  I purchased an LG V30+ and am happy I did.

Sprint Employee

I hope not, I'm an HTC fan for sure. I have reached out to some folks to try to get the story, and see when we may expect more HTC phones.

No longer working Community Response.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yeah I saw the same.  I talked to one of the in store folks and he did not think they would carry HTC phones in store at all anymore.  He thought they would continue to have some online but too many of HTC models over the last couple of years were flops.

Journeyman

This is beyond disappointing. I'm ready to upgrade and I really love the HTC phones; Evo, Evo 4gLTE, M8 and now currently have the 10. I have no interest in a Samsung device or an iPhone, but those seem to be my only options at this point, so I guess after 15+ years as a loyal Sprint customer it's time to take my business where I can buy or bring the phone I want. 

Journeyman

I completely agree this is very disappointing! I have been with HTC since the EVO shift & have always loved each phone especially the HTC One phones. I'm currently trying out the Galaxy Note 8 since I couldn't get the HTC U11. While it has some nice features I don't like it more than the HTC One M9 I had. That says a lot in my opinion because I didn't even have a newer HTC model. It's truly frustrating that Sprint doesn't have this phone while everyone else does. Then on top of that unlocked versions that are available aren't compatible with Sprint. We've been on a family plan for over 16 yrs, but this situation is really causing me to consider switching providers. Nobody at Sprint knows what's going on with the HTC U11 yet it still continues to be on the website "Out of Stock". I understand if Sprint feels HTC doesn't sell as much as other phones & doesn't  want to carry it in stores. But don't take away choice from your customers. At least offer it online. As of now I feel that I'm being forced to get Apple or Galaxy. If that continues to be the only option for much longer I will most likely switch providers instead.

Journeyman

I have the same thoughts/feelings.  The complete lack of any info from Sprint is very annoying.  

Journeyman

It is, I would think information would be available at this point. This isn't a new issue.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat