cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No More 4G LTE and really slow 3G on EVO 4G LTE - Queens/Long Island

Highlighted
Journeyman

No More 4G LTE and really slow 3G on EVO 4G LTE - Queens/Long Island

Over the past two months I have noticed my phone going downhill.  I live on Long Island, NY and used to get an occasional 4G signal when I went to certain parts of Long Island, and when I traveled into Queens or NYC I would get 4G as well.  These days I never get anything but a 3G signal.  And this 3G is very very slow I cant even load facebook or anything.  I tried to update my profile and PRL and even did a soft reset, and a hard reset.  Still same issue.  I will take the phone to the sprint store tomorrow ...anyone have any suggestions or similar problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: No More 4G LTE and really slow 3G on EVO 4G LTE - Queens/Long Island

sprinthq9,

Thanks for reaching out.  Going into a Sprint store to have your device diagnosed will definitely be beneficial.  Also check your connection settings to make sure you are connecting to LTE/CDMA, not just CDMA only.

Let us know how it goes in store and we'll be happy to troubleshoot with you further.

*Shannon
Social Care

Journeyman

I went to the sprint store, the technician looked at my phone and told me he had a similar problem possibly related to Sprint Spark...he didn't think I needed to leave it with them for 2 hours and he did something,and within 15 minutes it he was done - didn't have to pay or anything just thanked him.  When I got the phone back it said it wasn't activated, but I drove off as soon as I found a connection I noticed the 3g was running faster - like when I first got the phone what was more "normal".  I went into Flushing a few times since then but haven't received any 4G Signals...however today, I went into Manhattan today via LIRR and I was getting 4g in Rockville Centre-Valley Stream, Jamaica Queens and Manhattan again.  Thanks!

Master

sprinthq9

Hello,

Glad to hear the store was able to fix your problem and that you are now enjoying 4G signal in your device. Let me know if you need anything else. We are always here to assist you.

Roxana
Sprint Social Care 

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat