Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with linking contacts to Facebook

Journeyman

Does anyone know why a few of my phone contacts will not link to Facebook.  Most of them linked okay, but just a handful will not link.  Do you have an answer for this problem?

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: Problem with linking contacts to Facebook

You've to  go into the contact, edit the contact (just add a character and delete it), save the contact and then link contacts.

Hope this helps.

Abe

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have already tried making a change and saving the contact but it still won't let me link.  I've seen another thread regarding this same problem and a couple of other solutions have been suggested, which I might try.

Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Problem with linking contacts to Facebook

Ha, I had the opposite problem with my EVO. My FB contacts were synced through Google and I didn't want them in my phone contacts. Somehow I accidentally synced them. Ended up deleting all FB contacts, deleting my FB account from my phone, and resyncing without them.

Anyway, your issue probably stems from how your contacts reside in People on your phone and Google account. Go to People--->Menu--->View  and experiment checking the different boxes (and hit "Done" after each) to see for "Phone Only," "Google" and any other categories. I can't recall back from when I had FB contacts if Facebook had it's own checkbox or if they were included in Google contacts.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat