cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with HTC One WiFi

19 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Problems with HTC One WiFi

Ditto. Same issues. previous phone was EVO. My wife still has her EVO. Her phone out performs my HTC One in all areas, reception, internet speed etc. Now having huge issues with connecting at home to my WI FI. Sprint Support has been useless. 5 hours wasted today working on it. Not a Happy Guy!

Journeyman

Problem fixed for me.  I called customer support.  They tried some setting changes but that did not work.  After thinking about this I wondered if the problem was related to moving all of my settings with the HTC transfer app.  I had customer service give me the hard resent sequence.  It worked.  I only later transferred music & photos.  I manually put in all my settings.  That worked for me.

I was about to swap out my phone but I did not want to wait for a replacement.

Thanks for the reply AdventureSkiBoard.

Ray

Journeyman

Ray - Sounds almost exactly like what happened to mine.  It would only briefly connect to any wifi router, and then drop it.  The only solution I came up with after numerous hours on the phone with tech support and two visits to the Sprint store was to simply replace the phone.  Now, it works just fine.  If I get anywhere close to a "remembered" wifi, my One will connect with no issues at all.  Hopefully you're still in the 30-day window where you can just take the phone back to the store and replace it with a new one. 

Good luck!  Hopefully your new One will work for you.

Rich

Journeyman

I have had my One for two days.  I have a similar problem with WIFI.  I will connect to a router (any router) and the internet will drop after a few minutes but the signal shows as connected.  If I turn my WIFI off and on the internet will go for a while until it drops again.  I have never had this problem with my previous HTC Evo of Motorola Photon.  Again this is on any router so a reset of the router should not make a difference.  I went to the Sprint store and they changed some settings but the problem still persists.

I'm looking for a solution.  I suspect a software glitch but I cannot rule out hardware.  I have tried multiple setting in the WIFI section but to no avail.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Ray

Journeyman

Ok - that's exactly what happened to mine.  I'm not a tech guy, so what i did was really simple.  I just hit the reset button on my router for 10 seconds...  It was a pain in the butt, and i had to reconnect everything to it, but it did the trick for my One.  No issues since.

Good luck! 

Journeyman

I too have been having "Authentication" Error when trying to connect to my Home router.  I have been working with HTC for the last two weeks trying to get it working with no luck.  Mine works everywhere but at home.  I have even made my router an open network, but my One will still not connect.

Journeyman

After wrestling with the issue for about another hour myself, I finally made my One connect.  Thanks for everyone's suggestions!!!  I ended up completely resetting my router and removed my pw.  Finally, my One connected to the unsecured network.  I was nervous to add the pw, but it's just not safe to have an open network.  Luckily, my One recognized the new network and took the password.  I'm not very tech savvy, but I felt a sense of pride for accomplishing this without calling tech support, just some good suggestions by you guys.  I haven't had the chance to connect to a public network out and about, but i'll keep my fingers crossed.  I'm thinking my original One had nothing wrong with it, just something about not recognizing my network/pw.  Too bad tech support didn't think of that on Friday night.  It would have saved a lot of issues (running around to two different Sprint stores on Saturday morning).  Oh well.  The One is pretty awesome, but it's hard getting used to something new when i've had my Evo for 2+ years.  Still some minor quirks about it, but I think I will hang onto it.

Thanks again for everyone's comments and suggestions.  Good luck!

Journeyman

Setting the DNS didn't help. Investigating with Wifi Analyzer, the access point at work I get around -55dBm while at home its really low (-80dBm). Going to assume that HTC One's WiFi is just weak in general or is extremely picky to continue with a weak connection. Will try public hot spots when I get a chance.

Journeyman

Hey Adventure SkiBoard, I've been having the same problems you are. You are definitely not alone in this. I thought something was wrong with my router, so I actually rebooted it and stil I got the same problem. I just got my HTC One on Friday, was able to transfer my number and all that. It was when I was trying to watch Netflix or even use some apps like Reddit or Wallbase HD that my wifi on the phone kept disappearing and re-appearing. I have about sereval devices on my wifi network and each of them has no problem. Even my old phone which is the HTC Evo 4G was working just fine. It almost makes me regret getting the HTC One and might return it as well if there hasn't been an update or fix anytime soon.

Journeyman

I had the same problem, on your wifi settings click "show advanced options," change ip settings to static, and change the DNS 2 to 8.8.4.4

Hope this helps