cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPRINTS COVERAGE MAP IS A LIE

Highlighted
Journeyman

SPRINTS COVERAGE MAP IS A LIE

According to springs coverage map my house is in the good signal category and on 3g network and there is no roaming anywhere near my house but ever since I got this phone I'm hardly ever on springs network which makes no sense to me. If its a tower issue it not getting fixed very fast because its been like this for 3 or 4 months now. I can't get hardly get any calls from Verizon phones and texts come realy late its faster to just drive over and talk to them before I would get there texts. In case someone from Sprint wants to check towers again my zip is 43140. Now I understand why they made me sign a contract so I couldn't leave without paying $ 350. Fix It!!!!!

10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Master

Since October 12th this tower has had numerous problems. The call drop rate is way off of Sprint's allowed percentage. I see a capacity increase to help this scheduled for January 2012. I am sorry for the dramatic variances in call drops and can tell this would be a very upsetting scenario.Here is a map - not sure where you are but it shows sector lines on the tower in your area.

Larry ~ OKIESTRO

Message was edited by: mapesy

Highlighted
Master

We have had 4 different tickets to resolve tower issues - A high block rate is because of too much traffic on a tower - so we have a schedule to install additional capacity next month

If you were having problems and I saw nothing in the system that would  concern me - in this situation it looks like we know what is occurring  and have a plan to improve service

Larry

Message was edited by: mapesy

Highlighted
Journeyman

So is Sprint going to fix this problem or do I just have to deal with it for 2 years?

Highlighted
Journeyman

You'll probably have to deal with it... I've been having HORRIBLE service issues in zip 07719 for over a year now and everytime you talk to someone at sprint, they blame a different department!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well I guess ill have to deal with it Untill my contract is up then ill fix the problem myself

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint has started deleting my comments on this thread.  Absolutely incredible.

Here it is again

You wanna talk bad cell coverage?  Here I am living in the middle of   Los Angeles (91403) and I have worse cell phone coverage than the  service I got  sailing down the Amazon in Peru a few years ago.  It's  like living in the 3rd world but paying 1st world rates for the  'service'.

Highlighted
Master

Yes, comments have been rejected based on customer complaints that your input is not productive and overly negative.

Wikipedia notes a troll as:

..."a troll is someone who posts inflammatory,[2] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion"

Repeated posting in this manner my constitute a ban of your online presence according to the Community Guidelines.

In addition, I see you are now spamming the message above in more than one thread. This is considered Spamming. This is your last warning to cease this behavior.

I am currently watching your activity for postings.

mapesy

Highlighted
Journeyman

your not alone. I've been getting dropped calls in my home too and just this afternoon i get no service in my house. i live in 18411.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I get poor reception in my home as well, but great reception outside. Must be these thick Michigan walls....

As far as coverage maps, though, I find all carrier provided maps to be pretty unreliable. When researching carrier coverage, I prefer third party solutions like rootmetrics.com (they also have an app for IOs and Android so that people can contribute to the actual coverage maps).

I've found these maps to be very helpful

http://www.rootmetrics.com/

Highlighted
Journeyman

your not alone because i have been getting slow 3g speeds and 0 to 2 dars voice since day one that i signed and i stay in 36116 in the middle of the city BUT I WILL BE SOLVING THE PROBLEM VERY SOON WHEN I GO TO VERZION WIRELESS!!!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat