Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint's MMS Compression

Highlighted
Journeyman

Sprint's MMS Compression

This is a message directed at sprint.

I have owned devices on your network since the original EVO.

EVERY SINGLE ANDROID PHONE since then that i have owned has had ridiculously overkilled MMS Compression.
(EVO 4G, EVO Shift 4G, EVO Design 4G, EVO 4G LTE,  and HTC One)

Please stop doing this, there is no reason to shrink it all the way down to 19kb. It has been like this since the OG EVO and its time for change.

I would not mind if it was compressed between 100-200kb which would be much more reasonable in regards to the state of the network today.

Also i do not understand you you are kicking yourselves in the @$$ by not allowing MMS to be sent over WiFi. This is a great alternative to overkilling the compression to save on network bandwidth.

I know i can download a 3rd party app like handcent or chomp to get around this, but i would rather not.

Please update our phones to fix this.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
GrandMaster

did you notice that they are ALL htc phones that are doing it? its less noticabel when using a 3rd party messaging app...but its still there..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Patron

that's one of the reasons that i get my LTEVO rooted.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

also the compression still happens through handcent...not near as bad as the stock app does..but it does still compress it pretty bad

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat