cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Text messaging issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Text messaging issues

Is anyone having a problem with text messaging? For a few weeks now if I restart my phone ( HTC EVO Shift 4G)(it happends other times randomly as well but mostly when I restart or turn off my phone) when it turns on again it will resend previously sent text messages usually from days or weeks ago. Now today, I'm not getting half the text messages that people send me. Any idea on how to fix it? Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Text messaging issues

prairiedances,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your text messaging. Is this only happening in one location or is it multiple locations, I know we have a current known issue with duplicate messages related to the Airave device. Have you tried any troubleshooting besides power cycling? Also are you using the default text messaging application or a third-party application from the market?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi Shane,

Thanks for getting back to me. Sorry for the delay. This is happening usually when I am at home. I've tried updating the firmware, PRL, and software. I'm also not using a third-party application. Just the default text messaging.

Thanks!

Highlighted
Wizard

Text messaging issues

prairiedances,

Ok, I'm going to send you a private message so I can gather some private information from you; I would like to run some test and look into this more.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Do you use Google Voice??? If so de link it from you sprint account and never turn it back on.

I was having all kinds of problems the last 3 weeks as soon as i turned off that horrific spying program everything went back to normal.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat