cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The trash Sprint BLOATware

Highlighted
Journeyman

The trash Sprint BLOATware

Please get rid of these trash apps that do nothing but take up space. Give me the option to uninstall them, at least. I don't care half a whit about "Sprint Zone" or "Nascar" or any of this prepackaged trash. Just let me have the phone as HTC intends it. Bloatware is only an annoyance, their only effects are to slow down the phone and chew up the battery!

WE DON'T WANT YOUR BLOODY BLOAT!

Also, hurry the heck up with 4.2.2!

18 REPLIES 18
GrandMaster

Re: The trash Sprint BLOATware

the only way around this is to root your phone or buy a pure google phone like the nexus next time..only option you have now is to disable them.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Yeah should not be a issue as far as causing problems with the device and they do not eat up that much space so forth.

GrandMaster

i know disabling the app doesnt fully remove it but it DOES free up quite a bit of space..let alone stops it from ever running in the background or receiving any pushes for it to be updated...worked wonders on the original EVO..

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Yeah you can do that as well.

dark_4181

Thanks for the post.

Sprint Zone has so much useful information. It also keeps you connected, and able to manage your account from your finger tip. What is it about Sprint Zone you don't like?

Your feedback is much appreciated.

Zena

Social Media Team

Journeyman

The entire point of this post is that it is MY phone, and therefore my right to chose what software resides on it. I don't want shoddy, poorly written little (cr)apps on my device. I don't want them installed, I don't want them taking up space, or cpu cycles, or memory, or any other resource. I just flat out DON'T CARE how much info Sprint thinks is available from their apps. I can get it all and more from better apps, which I can download BY CHOICE. I shouldn't have to root a phone just to get rid of this junk, it should be as simple as "Are you sure you wish to uninstall this app?" "*click yes*"

This is the same argument we had 15 years ago when windows came bogged down with non-removable bloat. I don't care how useful you think it is, I DO NOT WANT IT!

The iPhone comes bloat free, so there is no valid reason why my One shouldn't bloody well be bloat free.

Oh, and let's not forget the "Your Sprint Default Configuration is ready" box that keeps magically reappearing at random intervals, which magically reactivates all the apps I disabled AND kills my Dropbox backup so that I have to spend 30 minutes setting up everything again, manually.

Stop adding stupid crap to these phones!

Journeyman

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!  Just got off the phone with HTC about this very PROBLEM!!  I don't want these apps either and the stupid message coming up everyday about the Sprint ID config is ready to install.  I DO NOT WANT TO INSTALL IT AND DO NOT WANT SPRINT FORCING IT ON ME.  THERE NEEDS TO BE A OFF SELECTION FOR THIS!!  I was going to get a google HTC One but the camera is just a basic camera.  BTW Sprint, this is a major reason to never buy a phone from Sprint again.

Journeyman

Ask me when I've used Sprint Zone. Go ahead, do it!

The pathetic thing about this bloatware is that it took how long to get an update to move apps to the SD card? Pathetic.

I paid for a phone in which (cr)apps were forced upon me. If big red offered unlimited data, I'd be gone in a heartbeat. Also hilarious now that we can lock into unlimited data. Guess what's coming!

P.S. I love the (cr)apps. It's perfect!

Journeyman

You are sadly mistaken or delusional if you think Verizon doesn't put bloatware on their phones. 

Journeyman

The only Sprint "app" that can't be uninstalled on the One is Sprint Worldwide, and that isn't even an app, but just a single page with info on using the phone worldwide. Sprint Zone can be uninstalled.  Any Sprint app that is installed with that Sprint configuration at the beginning can be uninstalled. 

Journeyman

At what point did I say big red didn't? I'd rather be on their network but the discount through work and unlimited data (as of right now) trumps that. Keep up that good detective work!

Post a screen shot of your uninstalled sprint Zone on the one.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat