cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Time Zone Keeps Changing to Central Time Zone

Journeyman

I have an HTC Touch Pro 2 and ever since the time across the country changed to Daylight Time my phone continually changes from my local time zone (Arizona) to Central Time. I have read many forums for tips on what settings to change and none of the suggestions have resolved the issue.

This happens throughout the day and night and does not seem to correlate with any of my mail, texts or phone calls. Interestingly though, I was hospitalized for 3 days (Monday thru Wed.) in a hospital just 3 miles from home and the time zone reset never happened even once while there and my phone was on continuously. Now since yesterday, when I came home, the time zone has reset several times already.

Is it possible that there is glitch with the HTC TP2 that is affected by what cell tower you are on?

I sure would appreciate a solution to this problem ASAP.

Sincerely,

William McLaughlin

4 REPLIES 4

I'm really sorry to hear you are having this issue. It is odd that the time zone did not reset while you were in the hospital. If you have tried all of the basic troubleshooting listed in the forums then I would recommend backing up all the data on your device and do a master reset. This will wipe everything on the device. The cell sites are all programmed with the same time, this is a network setting in each area. there has not been any report of an issue on the network with incorrect time stamping. This is usually an issue with the device software is most commonly corrected with a hard reset.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My timezone keeps changing too. It happened once a month or so ago and when I checked and unchecked the Auto Detect in the Date/Time area it resolved itself. However, this weekend it switched to a random time zone again. When I checked/unchecked it fixed itself until this morning when I almost overslept for work. I noticed the timezone was somewhere in Europe. When I changed it back, it kept resetting to this random one. I restarted my phone and checked for updates and it still did this. I finally unchecked the automatic detect and left it that way for a few hours - now it seems to be holding steady at Central.

I use this phone as my alarm and the recent unreliability has become concerning.

Journeyman

I found that by turning off the HTC Location Service ( Start > Settings > Menu > All Settings > System > Location Settings) solved my problem with the Time Zone changing.

Journeyman

Thanks for the tip, although I already had it set to off.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat