cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wi-Fi Calling Doesn't Work, HTC One M8 Just Updated to Android 4.4.3 KitKat

Highlighted
Journeyman

Wi-Fi Calling Doesn't Work, HTC One M8 Just Updated to Android 4.4.3 KitKat

So, today my HTC One M8 got the OTA update to Android 4.4.3 KitKat, and the Sprint Wi-Fi Calling is included in the update, but it's COMPLETELY INOPERABLE. I went through the process of the agreement screens and adding my E-Signature, but it doesn't work whatsoever.

-Within a few moments of turning on Wi-Fi Calling, a notification appears, stating: "Authentication error. Please try again."

-When I tap that notification, a "Self Service" page comes up, with the subtitle "Enabling Wi-Fi Calling," and under that it states "We are now updating the device with Wi-Fi calling info. Please wait while the device is being updated." While on this screen, a prompt with a loading circle says "Loading..." then it changes to "Writing to device..."

-After that, the "Self Service" page is subtitled "Wi-Fi Calling Enabled" and it states below "You have now enabled Wi-Fi Calling on your device." When I tap "OK" at the bottom of the screen, the phone completely resarts.

-A Few moments after it boots up, I get the same notification: "Authentication error. Please try again." Then I go through the whole pointless cycle again, with absolutely the same pointless results.

To remedy this, I've: updated profile, updated PRL, checked again for another HTC software update, and restarted the phone without the prompt screen.

Thanks in advance for any help!

35 REPLIES 35
Journeyman

Re: Wi-Fi Calling Doesn't Work, HTC One M8 Just Updated to Android 4.4.3 KitKat

I'm having the same problem. Let's hope they have a solution.

Journeyman

I had the same problem, but it seems to have resolved after updating the location for my wifi network again. I'm not sure if that was the actual issue, but you might try double (and triple) checking the location for your current wifi spot.

Journeyman

You folks must of did something wrong because my wifi calling works like a top! The calls are clear. the process was rather seamless and I don't know what the problem is?!?!

Master

TARONBA1, Thanks for posting. We are here to help if you need us.​ - Kimberly
Sprint Social Care
Master

JDLIVEIT,

I apologize for the inconvenience. Another troubleshooting step you can try on your device is refreshing the device completely. This will not delete anything out of your device. To complete the troubleshooting your access your dial pad and enter ##72786#. It will power your device off and back on. Once the device comes back on it will complete a series of updates. Let me know if this helps.

- JaSherai
Sprint Social Care
Master

Dear CarlDevaugh,

Hey, I'm here to help. I did some research and found out that this may resolve this issue for you. Please try, from the Home screen, tap the Applications icon. Scroll to and tap Settings. Tap Wi-Fi. Touch and hold on the network you are connected to. Tap Forget network. Restart your phone. Try connecting to the network again. Please ensure that this error messages doesnt pop up again. I'll be here waiting on your response. Thanks.

Sprint Social Care Agent Brianna
Journeyman

That didn't work. Same authentication error.

Master

CarlDeVaughn - Are you sure you have WiFi-calling on the account? This can also be an issue. - Keith
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Yes, I'm quite sure. Customer service confirmed it for me this morning.

Journeyman

The problem I am having is when I try to make a wifi call a recording says that I am roaming to make a call contact your service provider to purchase a calling pin press 1 to make a collect call press 2

Never mind I went into apps and cleared app data and app cache and now it works

Master

geauxpokes,

Do you have wifi calling on your account?- SarahG
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat