cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is wrong with sprint's signal??

Journeyman

I live in Puerto Rico, my friend and I came from another company because we love the htc evo. We never liked sprint before because to be honest the coverage in Aibonito (00705), where she lives, and in Bayamon (00961) was really bad. But we decided to give a try a year ago and it was great. Calls almost never dropped, and it almost never went roaming. Now what happening???? I travel a lot to Florida, New York, California and other states and signal strengh is really good. In most places i get to use the 4G and its great! It was announced for Puerto Rico and we are still waiting, still hopefull. But now the signal is really bad, it drops in places were it used to be good and its roaming so much now. And on top of it all those minutes its roaming it costs extra. The way we use our phone has not change much in a year and somehow we have to pay more for the same service because of roming. Please fix your signal strenght!! I want the iphone but how can I spend money in another powerful phone living in Puerto rico if my own phone company limits the phone capacities with a weak signal and no 4G ???

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same problem in Minneapolis, MN. They are now trying to get me to buy an AirRave device to strengthen the signal in my home. It's $129 for the equipment and $5/mo for service. If my land line doesn't work, they come fix it and credit me for the outage. Shouldn't wireless work that way too? They are supposed to be providing a service. Only 12 more months stuck in this contract and we are out. I'm thinking Verizon...

Highlighted
Journeyman

Im in Bayamon, PR 00957, and all the incoming calls goes directly to my voicemail, they tell me that the issue was fix yesterday but today I still having the same problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just moved to Daytona Beach from St Augustine and I have yet to get a solid 4g connection that lasts longer then 5-10 seconds. 3g seems ok, but the signal map shows I should have solid 4g access all over Daytona AND St Augustine.

Frustrating as Sprints Facebook tech told me how to increase the 4g anntena strength but that had no effect at all.

Maybe my phone is broken....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have to agree with you. Sprint service in the Virgin Islands is at best terrible.  I get frustrated just trying to do simple tasks with my phone. I have been a Sprint user for a number of years and the system seems to get worse before it gets better. Looking for solutions....

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat