cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final thoughts - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Sprint Product Ambassador

Final thoughts - Sprint Product Ambassadors

HTC-Bolt.jpg

My Final thoughts on the HTC Bolt would be that you, the reader should buy this device. The quality that HTC continues to churn out makes this device a great buy. If I were to compare the HTC to anything, it would be like Asics, Asics doesn’t have the marketing budget of the bigger companies, however they sell a superior product. HTC is the same way, I personally feel their product is sturdier, and has a cleaner look that all the other manufacturers. Before I got this device, I used the ear pods of a certain fruit company, though I had android devices, I continued to use these pods as they just worked well for the shape of my ears. I have since switched and will probably never go back, the adaptive sound quality of the device paired with the quality headphones makes working out a bearable activity. There is nothing like benching 250 pounds all the while hearing Lil Jon and the Eastside boyz with the thumping base in your ear.

The Bolt produces great photos which to a father of 3 is important. Though it provides a 5.5 inch screen size, I have never felt that the phone was too bulky. It doesn’t feel very heavy yet doesn’t have the cheap feel either. The phone does take some getting used to for the one hand users out there. I do take some gripes as a right hander to having the back arrow on the left side, but hey lefties need some love too.

The USB type C charging cable is a plus for me as well. I charge my phone on my nightstand and usually go to bed later than my wife. I used to have to fiddle around with phones to make sure that the cable was in correctly. This created scratches all the time, now I don’t have to deal with that.

In closing, I’d say that this is a definite buy!

Thanks for reading!

"Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee."

19 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: Final thoughts - Sprint Product Ambassadors

As person not employed by Sprint or HTC, I would recommend against buying the HTC Bolt.  Many of them are defective.  Do a quick search for the screen blacking out and the phone becomming unusable.  Then search for what HTC and Sprint will do to help.  I have been without my phone for about a month now because I sent it to HTC for repair, and they sent it back broken.  It's out again for replacement this time, but HTC's replacement stock is "low," so there's no telling how long this will take.

Journeyman

As an AV IT Engineer who has dealt with the chronic Bolt failure and nightmare support I would say not only is the Bolt a "no way" but Sprint as a carrier as well.

Yes, I am currently a very dissatisfied customer.

Journeyman

If only I had seen this before I switched to Sprint a few weeks ago!

Journeyman

Please do not get this phone. It has been a nightmare. I'm done with it personally. I have had to send it to HTC for warranty service for : random restarting, full black screen and half black screen. Yesterday it had some sort of heat event that burned my thumb and now the display has vertical black lines and the display is to dark to see anything even if brightness is turned up. I just don't think I can send it back to HTC again, the repairs take forever. Just a very expensive brick at this point. The local Sprint store was also no help at all, I went to them when the issues started 3 weeks after I got it and when I told them I got it online through Sprint they said they couldn't help me. Anyway, don't get this phone. Robert
Journeyman Y0y
Journeyman

Its not that the phone is defective. It's about how Sprint is handling it, being that it's exclusive to Sprint, you'd think they would put effort into having a good name and not the worst damage control I've been a part of. I tell people the phone is no good, but I say Sprint is a carrier to stay away from.  My attempt to bring it in before my 14 satisfaction guarantee was also denied. The MOD had no interest in accommodating me. Almost immediately told I was too late for that and printed out paperwork to prove it.  So 2 weeks 3 weeks 

Journeyman

Clearly some of us in the Sprint customer base DID buy the HTC Bolt.  Now I think that you, the Sprint management readers, ought to stand behind your customers.  HTC doesn't seem to be able to service these phones so that they operate like other phones.  My family has had Sprint and Sprint phones (primarily LG and Motorola brands) for many years.  This is the first AND LAST phone from HTC that we will buy.  I would like to be able to say that we will stick with Sprint, but, if there is no relief offered to HTC Bolt owners like me when the devices fail before even one year of ownership, then I'll be shopping other carriers, as well as other cell phones.

The BOLT is not ready for prime time.  If you buy it be prepared to carry your charger everywhere and don't wander too far from a wall outlet!  You can't rely on this phone.

Sprint Social Care

Hello hyacinthblu, are you currently having any issues with your HTC device? If yes, please provide us with more details about for us to further assist you with them.

Ciara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ciara, thank you for inquiring; I have messaged you.

Journeyman

I would recommend against buying this phone, and probably stay away from HTC altogether( and probably Sprint for that matter). My Bolt screen went half blank a little over 3 weeks ago. Went to sprint store and because I didn't have TEP, they couldn't help and suggested I contact HTC. So I called HTC. After rebooting the phone a couple times and still having a blank half of the screen during and after the boot process, they agreed that I should send it in. I inquired about an advanced replacement option. They said they don't offer that because I didn't purchase the phone directly from their website. It is a Sprint exclusive so I had purchased it from Sprint. So I decided to send it in( of course I had to pay shipping to them). They have had it since August 2nd. I have contacted them numerous times and get the same thing each time. Something about the process not working and they are having to manually update tickets or some such BS. They supposedly sent emails to the repair center asking for updates. This is the quote I received when I set up the repair ticket. "In this case, you will need to send us the device, we will receive it, diagnose the damage and repair it. Keep in mind that if we find any damages outside the warranty you will receive a quotation. This process takes 7-10 business days."

It has been over 10 days as of today and they can't even tell me if they have taken the phone out of the box yet. I really wish I had paid closer attention to the reviews back when the phone came out that said not to get this phone. The longer this takes, the more inclined I am to sell this phone when I get it back from HTC and switch to another carrier. 

Sprint Social Care

Hello Manichee. We are just following-up with your post and are wondering if your HTC has been returned. We await your reply.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Sprint_Juan wrote:

Hello Manichee. We are just following-up with your post and are wondering if your HTC has been returned. We await your reply.

No it hasn't. Last update on status was:

• Received 08/29/2017

That was a month after I shipped it off and now almost another month since they "received" it.

Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @Em_Will_I_Am, and we'll check it out!