cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bolt: Battery Life - Sprint Product Ambassador

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

HTC Bolt: Battery Life - Sprint Product Ambassador

During the month of December I was doing some competitive research around Kansas City and I took my Galaxy S6 and the HTC Bolt around town with me as I was visiting stores.  Now without getting into the technical aspects of which applications use more data than the others I can say I was impressed with the how the Bolt performed. 

I headed out with both devices charged to 100%.  I used the S6 primarily for GPS to find the stores I was visiting.  On the Bolt I streamed Spotify nearly the entire time and used the camera to take about 75 pictures over a 3 hour period.  At the end of the journey the S6 had 33% battery remaining and the Bolt had 53%.  Again this isn't an apples to apples comparison.  But having used my S6 for nearly two years now streaming and taking pictures I would say the Bolt does a little better in the energy department as it should considering the larger battery. 

The Galaxy S 6 battery has a 2550 mAh battery while the Bolt packs a larger 3200 mAh battery.  So, you would expect the Bolt to have a longer lasting life between charges.  But I was more impressed with the fact that I streamed music at Spotify's highest quality setting which burns through more data and was still able to take all those photos and have 53% remaining when I got back to the office.

How much battery life a person needs can differ, but considering I don't spend a lot of time talking on my smartphone and mostly use it for answering emails and streaming music I find the HTC Bolt's battery life more than sufficient for my uses.  The Camera takes great pictures as you can see from the cover photo. 

"Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee."

@Ferbet
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat