cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

is your phone acting up again or are you referring to the wifes?
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

how about a refund?

Journeyman

Same issue only 1 1/2 months old, talked to 17 people today at sprint only to get a new phone fixed or get a refurbished one!!! No thank you i payed hard earned money for a new phone i want a new phone. i just came out of an iphone 6+ that has same issue because of defect with the touch screen chip desoldering from the main board that at least lasted a year and half. I am not going to settle for a fixed phone or a refurbished phone this one is brand new!!!!!!!!

Sprint Social Care

juggernaut, for defective devices, unless they are within the Sprint satisfaction guarantee period, we cannot guaranteed that it would be replaced with a new device, if you have Total Equipment Protection, the device may be repaired or replaced with a new or remanufactured device or a model of like kind and quality.

Our recommendation is to visit a Sprint repair store to check of the device can be repaired by the technicians, and discuss your options.

Ina.
Sprint Social Care Team.
Journeyman

I switched to Sprint 3 weeks ago and got the HTC Bolt. Now I am having the same issue with my screen going black on one half

I talked to customer service and they told me to go to the store for a replacement. When I arrived at the store I was told that I needed to go to a corporate location and they would take care of it. I drove across town to the corporate location, spoke to the hostess about the issue, and got put on a waiting list to be seen. I waited for over 1 1/2 hours to be told that they don't offer replacement phones outside of the 14 day period.

I called customer service back when I left the store and they kept trying to transfer me to the insurance provider. I told them it is a hardware issue and is covered under the manufacturer warranty. They connected me with HTC to start a repair ticket. HTC wants me to send the phone in for repair and will have it for 7-10 days. I asked for a loaner phone and they told me to contact my carrier.

I called Sprint and asked them for a loaner phone to use while my Bolt is getting repaired, they responded by telling me that Sprint doesn't offer loaner phones. So, now i'm stuck with a practically brand new phone and account that I will not be able to use for at least 2 weeks. 

The service I initially received in the store when we switched a few weeks ago was awesome. However, every time I have contacted customer service since then has been absolutely terrible. I am regretting switching and am considering going back to my old carrier. What a joke!

Sprint Social Care

Hello MCrewsZ71.

We understand that going without a device for more than a week is not ideal. Your device has manufacture guarantee and requires the device to be sent out for repairs. This is true with all carriers. Let's review the account and see what options you have while you wait for the device. We just sent you a Private Message, please reply back as soon as you can.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Message sent
Journeyman

I have spent over 14 hours on the phone or at my local corporate Sprint repair center trying to get this issue resolved. My HTC Bolt is having the same issue where half the screen goes black and/or becomes unresponsive. This is a WIDE SPREAD issue. The repair center was well aware of the issue and told me to drop off the phone and they would either fix it or replace it that day, most likely with a Samsung Galaxy S7.

When I returned to get the device, they found no physical damage to the phone but could not repair or replace it and that I needed to send the phone out to Assurion. This is absolute BULL**bleep**. I have been with Sprint over 13 years. We signed two 2-year contracts back in November when the Bolt came out. It is a Sprint exclusive device, and yet they are treating it just as any other device. 

I spent hours on the phone over the last two days going through all available levels of Customer Retention, Escalation, etc. I was offered a credit to cover half the "payoff amount" of the HTC Bolt so that I could upgrade to a new device. I do NOT want to upgrade! I will accept a previously owned device of like quality. I REFUSE to attempt to repair the HTC Bolt or to accept a new HTC Bolt in exchange. The phone has a WELL KNOWN issue with the screen and I would just like to put this nightmare behind me. Nevertheless, Sprint is doing nothing beyond their standard policy to resolve this matter, regardless of the length of time I have been a customer and the number of unlimited data lines (4) I have with Sprint. 

This will be the straw that broke the elephants back. My loyality has just about run out with Sprint. If this isn't resolved soon, I will be moving to another carrier. There are plenty of reliable carriers who are now offering to pay cancellation fees. I have had it!

GrandMaster

was the store a corporate sprint repair store or 3rd party owned but says sprint all over it? huge difference between the 2.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

and do NOT go through Asurion for this issue..direct to HTC or through the corporate repair store only with this one.
Sprint Social Care

Hello dkanavaros.

We have had several issues with the HTC Bolt screen and we are working closely with HTC to fix those issues. It is important to remember that If the device has physical damage ( water damage or cracked screen) the warranty voided. To replace your device you would have to file a Claim with the insurance company.
 Allow us to review your account. We sent you a Private Message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.  

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I tried taking it to local Sprint store who had me go to the Sprint tech store who wanted to send it in with a ticket but charge me $75 regardless of repair or replace because of no insurance. I thought insurance was for accidents not manufacturer defects. They said if i send it to htc they wouldn't charge but i have had it with this phone and my brother had same issue and got a replacement. I guess I will try another store and report back. I wouldn't mind paying the $50 -75 difference for an S8 as its size and camera specs are more like the bolt and I have always had positive experiences with the galaxy. My wife and I are on two separate family plans totaling 12 people.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat