cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Go to solution
Journeyman

Re: HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

This is obviously an issue with MANY of the HTC Bolt's... Close to 300 with the same issue in this thread alone. Do a Google search, even videos on YouTube are made about it. I called Sprint their suggestion was to take it to a Corporate Store that does repairs. I purchased this phone 2 miles from my house. Nearest repair store is 40+ miles from where I live. I called the store instead. I mentioned defective and split screen, immediately they knew what I was talking about. With that being said, this is not a random issue. Their suggestion is to contact HTC directly, otherwise the insurance company will charge me to fix it. Explain why I purchased a phone for $600 and have to spend my gas, time and money to get this resolved. HTC wants me to return the phone for repairs. I purchased this phone, because I need a phone. If I send it away for repair, I then do not have a phone. Many other forums indicate it is taking more than 2 months to get their phones back... Just send me a loaner phone and I'll send the defective phone to get fixed. SPRINT and HTC, stand by your customers, many have changed carriers over this hiccup. Stuck with a piece of ***bleep***, with no solution in sight. How can this thread be marked SOLVED and they continue to sell these phones?

*****************************************************************************************************

Oh yeah, there is no physical damage to it and I haven't checked to see if it's water resistant. Okay, my rant is over. I hope someone of importance sees this.

Sprint Social Care

Good morning tfournier. Thanks for reaching out. I can understand how frustrating this issue can be. We want to help. We sent you a private message, please reply to it  at your earliest convenience.  

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

!  I called up to get a receipt for the HTC Bolt that I purchased over the phone with a credit card that was mailed to my house.  I needed the receipt for the HTC claim to open an RMA for my broken phone that is two months old with the screen issue where half of it works.  HTC told me that the receipt that sprint emailed me is unacceptable and they would not accept it for an RMA to return the phone and get it repaired under warranty.  This whole process is a sham between hTC and sprint where neither of them want to take the blame for selling us this device and the whole process is designed to piss people off and not fullfill the warranty terms.  

Journeyman

When life gives you lemons, it comes in the form of an HTC Bolt, lol.

Journeyman

I bought 5 HTC Bolts for the family. So far, 3 have broken with either half black screen or full black screen. One of the replacement phones has now experienced it too. 

Firstly, unless you have insurance, Sprint will not help

Secondly, when you go to HTC, they will demand proof of where you bought it (e.g. Sprint). If you don't have (scannable) paper documents, then the email receipts from Sprint, will not be accepted. They claim you might have created them yourself. The only way round this is to ask Sprint "Order Support Services" to email HTC directly (using the HTC case # in the subject line) the proof, including IMEI. date, model #, etc. HTC will not accept you forwarding an email from Sprint with the same info. Ridiculous but true.

These HTC Bolts are the worst device you could ever own - 23 pages on this forum with complaints on the same issue - and Sprint customer care still tries to fix on an issue by issue basis, instead of using their brains to see, "Wait a minute - there is a bit of a pattern here...", and demanding HTC issue a recall, and stop selling their crappy products on Sprint's store. Sprint will lose all the HTC customers, and surely that should be an issue for them... but they won't do anything, so Sprint are as bad as HTC. Sigh.

Sprint Social Care

Good morning Bigstuarty. You are understandably upset, I don't blame you. That's why I'm here, I want to help. First I need some information. We just sent you a Private Message, please reply back as soon as you can.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

So here's an update on my HTC bolt saga. I sent my phone back for the second time to have the half screen issue fixed in November (2017). HTC still has my phone and can not give me an eta. Last I was told they are waiting for parts to come from Taiwan. I ended up buying a Motorola yesterday because I  couldn't deal with not having a phone anymore. It's been 4 months!!! Totally unacceptable and HTC's customer service is the worst. I'm never buying another from them and I told them that. Done.

Over the last two months I've called HTC basically everyday and each time they have told me there is no update. Each time they tell me only the case manager can help, but that person is impossible to reach. In 4 months I've only gotten to speak with this person twice. So this international company has thousands of employees and only 1 person can help me?! C'mon. Last conversation with case manager I asked if I could get a replacement or refurbished phone because I've waited a ridiculously long time. I was advise that only corporate could make that decision. So I called the US headquarters and left multiple messages for the customer care managers. It's been over a week and no call back. So I got a new phone and my next step is to press for some kind of refund but it wont be easy getting someone on the phone. I've already filled a complaint with the better business bureau. I may end up taking HTC to small claims court. I'm going to let them get away this. Unacceptable to sell a defective product and not offer support or a resolution. I'm sticking with Sprint for now but I think something should be done by them to aid customers with this issue. Especially since I was told by HTC only the sprint version of the Bolt is experiencing problems.

Journeyman

Sprint Social CareSprint_Juan Sprint Social Care --- Sprint_Juan, was a huge help. He was able to get things done, when I kept hitting a brick wall with everyone else. I had an issue with my HTC Bolt and he was able to get a replacement in a very short amount of time. Kudos to this Sprint Social Care representative!
Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @Em_Will_I_Am, and we'll check it out!