cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Go to solution
GrandMaster

Re: HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

I'm a bit curious as to what they are changing out on them. the board or the screen itself.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Master

Possibly both, but I'd be interested in knowing as well if that info is possible.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Mine cleared repairs and is supposedly shipping today. HTC customer service told me over the phone that they replaced both the screen and the main PC Board so it is essentially a new phone inside my old enclosure. We'll see how it does.
Master

Let us know how it runs after using it a while.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Will do. Hoping my wife's which shipped to us the same time in November 2016 stays okay.
Journeyman

Just got the call this morning from my wife. Her HTC Bolt just did the same thing this morning for the first time. Mine is supposed to come back tomorrow. Meanwhile, the Sprint "escalations" Representative Sprint_Juan hooked me up with is now not returning my phone calls.

We are getting closer and closer to becoming customers of a different carrier over this after being with Sprint for more than a decade.

Honestly, as an existing good customer we feel like we are way less important than gaining new customers. Wake up Sprint! Your existing customers are your business. Loose enough of us and you are done!

Journeyman

So far so good with my repaired phone. An offer was made by "escalations" but now they will not return my phone calls to even accept said offer. I do not have confidence it will last through the payment period, but I hope it does.

Now my wife's Bolt is doing the same thing. It has started to do the half screen thing, but not too badly yet. She is currently disabaled and needs her phone as a lifeline since we ditched our landline a number of years ago now. I do not see her being able to go without for the 2 weeks it took for HTC to turn around service.

I honestly want the day of my life back that I have wasted due to horrific Sprint Customer Service, but reliable hardware for the duration of time I have to pay for it would do.

Question for the Sprint Social Team; if Escalations makes an offer with a 30 day time limit, does that time limit extend for the amount of time Escalations fails to return customer voice mail messages? In our case we are at 8 days and counting of no return call. I was given a semi-fair offer to get out of the Bolt and into another phone but can't even act on it if Escalations won't return phone calls.

Anyone remember GTE Mobilnet, Nextel, etc? I get the impression the same demise may be happening to Sprint so we are already looking at other carrier options after being loyal Sprint customers for over a decade. 

Sprint Social Care

Hey there! We would like to take a closer look into this issue and pass the information over to our Escalation Team. Please check your inbox and reply to the private message that I just sent you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Ive had the same problem with the black screen also half the time the screen will not unlock also so what do i need to do to fix it because this has happened multipule times to me

Sprint Social Care

Good Morning mullic! We apologize for the inconvenience. In order to have the device check and fix, please go to your nearest repair center. Go to Sprint.com/storelocator to find the nearest repair store to you.

Jeffrey

Sprint Social Care 

Jeffrey
Sprint Social Care
GrandMaster

take it into a repair store so it can be documented..if the black screen deal has hit you it would still be happening. i dont think its a hit and miss here then gone then back again deal.
I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

When will HTC and Sprint "own" the fact that they are selling a defective product and do the right thing?

My experience so far says never.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat