cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Journeyman

HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

I bought the htc bolt from a third party sprint store, that's how sprint corporate called it, and sprint told me that since I didn't get the insurance with them that I had to send directly to htc. He first time the screen just went black and white then it was completely black, no image. Sent it to htc and two months later, after checking up with them every two or three days, I got it back. About a month and a week later the phone screen went half dark and then completely dark again. Called htc and sent it back. They've had the phone for about 5 weeks and when I called them they said that they were going to escalade the complaint to corporate and that was about a week ago amd nothing. Sprint refuses to deal with the problem and it is very disappointed that so big of a company and treat their customers like garbage or that it is my fault for buying a phone that doesn't work. Bottom line is that out of the seven month I purchased the phone and paying for something I haven't had for more than three it is just unfair and inconsiderate from sprint. I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years and I thought that this type of relationship it means something for sprint. But I guess that is my fault too. Anyways, hope this gets to the CEO and hopefully he does something about it. 

7 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: HTC Bolt Display Screen Half Black Broken

Mine came back from being repaired as well. It has this nifty trick where it gets really hot and the data stops working on mobile data until it cools off. What a clunker tin can.

Sprint Social Care

Rafa1972,

Thank you for brining this situation to our attention, I can understand your frustration so far. I would like to verify the options available for you regarding this matter, I've sent you a private message, please check your inbox.

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Social Care

jerrydawg,

Did you have the chance to contact the manufacture regarding this matter? If so, what you have been told?

Kryshna
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Why would I bother as long as it still "works"?

It would be gone for weeks anyway. I'd have to pay shipping. Reactivate my old phone.

Might as well ride it until it totally dies again, since that seems to be there preferred process.

Journeyman

I spent 5 hours on the phone and 2 trips to the store for a screen where the glue let go and was coming up. The people at the store said it was something the insurance would cover, cause the phone which they sent me was less than a year old. The insurance wanted $125. I wasn't going to pay for something they should of covered. I couldn't get any help from sprint. The only good thing is my contract is up in 2 months so I'm looking for a new phone company. There loss.

Tags (1)
Journeyman

Insurance

@Rafa1972wrote:

I bought the htc bolt from a third party sprint store, that's how sprint corporate called it, and sprint told me that since I didn't get the insurance with them that I had to send directly to htc. He first time the screen just went black and white then it was completely black, no image. Sent it to htc and two months later, after checking up with them every two or three days, I got it back. About a month and a week later the phone screen went half dark and then completely dark again. Called htc and sent it back. They've had the phone for about 5 weeks and when I called them they said that they were going to escalade the complaint to corporate and that was about a week ago amd nothing. Sprint refuses to deal with the problem and it is very disappointed that so big of a company and treat their customers like garbage or that it is my fault for buying a phone that doesn't work. Bottom line is that out of the seven month I purchased the phone and paying for something I haven't had for more than three it is just unfair and inconsiderate from sprint. I have been a loyal customer for over 10 years and I thought that this type of relationship it means something for sprint. But I guess that is my fault too. Anyways, hope this gets to the CEO and hopefully he does something about it. 

I spent 5 hours on the phone and 2 trips to the store for a screen where the glue let go and was coming up. The people at the store said it was something the insurance would cover, cause the phone which they sent me was less than a year old. The insurance wanted $125. I wasn't going to pay for something they should of covered. I couldn't get any help from sprint. The only good thing is my contract is up in 2 months so I'm looking for a new phone company. There loss.

Tags (1)
Sprint Social Care

Re: Insurance

Thanks for reaching out Cuff. You are obviously upset and I don't blame you. Let me look into this issue for you. We sent you a private message, please reply to it at your earliest convenience.

Juan
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Please help us to keep our Community a positive laughing and helpful innocent space for all members cool.
Be sure to read our Rules & Guidelines and if you have any concerns surprised just send a private sealed message to @Seawolf or @Em_Will_I_Am, and we'll check it out!