Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Bolt: Speed Tested Sprint Product Ambassador

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

HTC Bolt: Speed Tested Sprint Product Ambassador

HTC Bolt

HTC Bolt.png

Driving around the Kansas City Metro around the Holiday's with the new HTC Bolt was comparable to being the passenger in a car with a manual transmission.  You can see the driver shifting gears before you would feel the acceleration.  That was my experience while completing several speed tests for data downloads and comparing those to my Samsung Galaxy S6.  

Now we need to keep in mind that every tower around the metro hasn't completed the upgrade to 3x20 Carrier Aggregation which for me is a huge selling point for this device.  I didn't know what to expect but will say I was impressed by the overall results.  

When targeting towers that have 3x20 carrier aggregation complete the Bolt hit download speeds of 50 mbps while my Galaxy S6 highest speed was 7.4 mbps. While traveling around the metro without targeting specific towers it did seem like the Bolt was thinking about where it should complete its connection.  It would seem to start out slow in the 1-5 mbps range before catapulting to the 30-50 mbps range on download speeds much like it was shifting gears.  Maybe not the best overall experience but again the device was likely switching towers as I made my way from the southern half to the northern half of Kansas City.  

I should also note when performing these tests and driving around the city I was streaming music with Spotify while stopping to take several photos.  More to come on those features in future posts.  

"Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee."

@Ferbet
Tags (3)
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat