cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Night Blindness - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Night Blindness - Sprint Product Ambassadors

Phones have become a part of our daily lives.

You use them.

I use them.

We use them.

We use them on the bus.

We use them while walking down the street.

We use them when we're bored.

We use them to read while laying in bed.

The problem is that most screen are blindingly bright. Even at the lowest backlight setting, I find that my eyes have a hard time adjusting back to the dark room after I look away from the phone. That and the ambient light generated by the phone can screw around with your circadian rhythm.

HTC included something interesting in the HTC Bolt. It has the ability to enable a night mode that can be triggered as specific times of the day or even at sunset/sunrise. It will change the color of the screen to something that's a little easier on the eyes. Here's a video that I recorded about it. Keep in mind that the color changes cannot be seen on the screen due to the way the video is recorded. Due to this, I recorded the video with another device, too. Sorry about the shaky cam. The other camera kept blocking my view.

Overall, it's a nice feature. It seems it helps prevent some eye strain.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat