cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB C - It's here to stay! - Sprint Product Ambassador

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

USB C - It's here to stay! - Sprint Product Ambassador

It's no secret that I like USB-C. I've talked about it when I've had other phones. It always comes down to being able to plug the phone into the charger on the first try when in the dark (which is every time my wife is in bed before me, which is almost every time.)

HTC did a great job with their USB-C port on this phone and I say that for several reasons:

1. The USB-C port supports Qualcomm's QuickCharge 2.0 for super fast charging. (It can push up to 36 Watts through USB-C cables (24 Watts if they had used the old USB connector.)
  2. The USB-C port supports the USB Power Delivery official spec, it seems. I plugged it into my USB Power Delivery charger that I already had and it's been running like a champ. USB Power Delivery can push up to 100 Watts through the USB-C cable (not sure how much of that is being pushed through to the phone in this case.)
  3. USB Audio. At first, I wasn't sure about this as I have some really decent and rather expensive headphones but after using the included headphones I was blown away for several reasons:
    1. The use of the USB-C port allows them to push a lot more power through to the headphones (as I could do with an external amplifier on any other phone. This, on the other hand, is built-in.)
    2. The sound quality coming from the headphones is surprising. I consider most built in headphone sets to be useful as backups for when my bluetooth headphones need to be charge and I have to make a call and my hands are busy but for music, most of these headphones tend to fall flat. Not so with these headphones. They really do sound great. They also seem to be solidly built (but in general, I've noticed HTC tends to always make really good quality stuff, especially with their cables which is what seems to be the weak point of a lot of other manufacturers.)
    3. Being that they're going through the USB-C port, HTC included a nifty new feature. These headphones will actually play a noise into your ears, pick up the noise, and scan the noise to determine the acoustics of your ears and thus it will tailor the sound profile to your distinct ears. The geek in me is all excited about this!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat