cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where's my Gallery and other HTC Apps for the HTC Bolt - Sprint Product Ambassador

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Where's my Gallery and other HTC Apps for the HTC Bolt - Sprint Product Ambassador

Bolt.png

HTC-Bolt-logo.PNG

HTC and Sprint released the Bolt a couple of months ago and I have received some good feedback on the phone when showing it around. One questions I have received from other Bolt owners is where is the Gallery, HTC Mail and other HTC branded apps normally loaded on a phone. The answer is several of the HTC branded apps are located on the Google Play Store for the phone user to pick and choose which apps they want to use. Out of the box several of the app options are from Google for email, picture gallery along with other apps......Apps.PNG

One of the beautiful things about HTC is they are giving HTC Bolt owners the option of selecting apps to add so that they do not have duplicate apps loaded on their phone. I myself do not like to use Google Photos, Gmail, along with several other Google stock apps. This is one of the things I love about Android is the ability to personalize your phone the way you like it. One of the apps I use the most for my pictures is the Gallery. Google Photos for me does provide me the layout or options I seek and I try to stay away from adding to many 3rd party apps.

Screenshot_20170106-171038.pngScreenshot_20170106-171045.png

I like the layout better on my Bolt using HTC Gallery over Google Photos and the same with HTC Mail. I was not able to tell much difference between HTC Calendar and Google Calendars so I took it back off after checking it out. If there is a particular HTC app you are looking for, go to Google Play and search for HTC or from a computer you can do the same on Google Play. Find the app and send it to your HTC Bolt. Making a few changes like adding an app can like Gallery or Mail can make a big difference for some HTC users.

Looking for more information on the HTC Bolt, please visit HTC Bolt or stop by a Sprint store to check the HTC Bolt.

Thanks,

Blue

Your Sprint Product Ambassador team

"Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee."

Tags (0)

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat