cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Desire 510

Go to solution
Journeyman

HTC Desire 510

I purchased two HTC Desire 510's for my daughters and I hate these phones. They are great except for one MAJOR problem: with only 4GB of memory, the memory is almost completely filled up with apps that you cannot move to a memory card. We purchased memory cards for the phones but because you cannot move the great majority of what came on the phone to the memory card. This means constant errors when you try to download apps. Are we doing something wrong? We ordered the memory cards, thinking that would fix the problem so we did not attempt to return the phones within the two week window that is available to return them with a restocking fee. Now I am afraid we are stuck with them for two years.

8 REPLIES
Highlighted
Master

Re: HTC Desire 510

kennyg2773h,

I apologize for the inconveniences. The device comes designed with 1GB, but can be expanded up to 64GB. To uninstall the apps that are not being used, you can go in and select them from you apps menu. Click each one and hold it until it moves, and drag it to the top of the screen where it says uninstall. Once it turns red let go. I still don't think that the applications alone are causing the issue, but we can try to trouble shoot before attempting a hard reset. Try these steps, Click the Internet Icon>Click Menu in the upper right hand corner>Settings>Privacy and Security>Clear Cache>Clear History>Clear Cookies. Once that's complete, go to Settings>Apps>Swipe the screen to the All Tab>Click the most frequently used Apps, and Click Clear Cache. Keep me posted on your results.

- Mabel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I have the same issue, Mabel, and this is not enough. Also, each time you have to restart, the pre-installed apps RE-INSTALL themselves, so the issue never goes away.

Also, most apps cannot be downloaded or moved to the SD card, so it's sort of deceptive to say that the phone's memory can be expanded by way of a micro SD card.

I'm sorry I purchased this phone. By the way, the only reason I did is because a Sprint rep told me the same story (that it can be expanded by SD card). It seemed like a no-brainer, and I was unfamiliar with how Android phones worked. Now that the 14 day return period is passed, I have learned the hard way... 

Journeyman

Well said, elkczar! That sums up the problems very well, far more articulately than I explained them. Thank you.

Master

Christa_S - We'd be more than happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have. Here to help. Indie
Sprint Social Care
Sprint Product Ambassador

Hello Christa_s, I understand your concerns related to the moving of apps to a SD card that are stored on the device, but it is more of how the app was actually developed. In this case, it is not a direct issue to the device. Unless the developer has decided to set the "install location" to auto or SD only, then the app will only be allowed to be stored on the device. I hope this helps in understanding how an app location works.

L`eroy

Master

lstron02 - Thank you for posting. Please let me know if I can be of any assistance. I'm here to help. - Nyyota
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

HTC Desire 510

Yes, I've had this phone for only a few days and at first I thought it was a steal. It performs great in most areas. I soon realized that the camera was horrible and had no flash, but I can live with that. But, then it quickly ran out of storage and I could no longer download apps. So I put in a 16GB microSD card. Surely, that would solve the problem, right? WRONG. Only 3 apps could be moved to the SD card. The phone is full of useless apps that can't be moved or uninstalled. You can literally only have maybe 8 downloaded apps on this phone at once. And when I say maybe, I mean probably less. Just a horrible design mistake on what should have been the best budget smart phone ever. I guess I will try to return it. What a shame.

Master

Filazafer_X - Oh no! That's not good! When did you purchase your device? - Latonya
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:30 AM CT - 5:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat