cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: A Month with the HTC Desire 510

Desire510.jpg

I have been using the Desire 510 for just over a month now. I usually carry around higher end devices like the One M8, but it was actually a good experience to use a budget phone for a while. I think most people would be happy with what they get for the price. The 510 will not wow anyone with its screen or impress with its sound, but overall you get a solid phone that can do more than most phones at its same cost. The downfall with the Desire is the storage space. You really have to buy a SD card if you want to buy this phone. There is not enough storage to have the apps that most people want to use. In my experience, many apps would successfully transfer over to the SD card while others were not able to. Pictures and videos can easily be stored to save room for the apps that won’t transfer. The highlight of the Desire 10 is the processor. Its equipped with a quad core processor that really allows you to use your phone for whatever you need it for.

HTC has equipped their phones with some really cool software. The best of the preloaded apps is BlinkFeed which turns your phone into a media and news source that is easy to access. It really is the best news source I have used in its category. HTC found a way to make it easy and simple to integrate all your personal apps, such as Facebook and Instagram, into a mix of news that you can edit and choose. They also have Zoe which allows you to create short videos and turn them into pictures you can store and share with your friends.

The Desire 510 won’t appeal to those who are looking for the latest and greatest. HTC has you covered with both the M8 and E8 if you want the best specs and design around. If you are looking for a cheaper Android phone that does not compromise on speed, then give this phone a chance. Just remember to pick up a SD card at the same time!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.