cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors: Doin' it Right in Prepaid

Sprint Product Ambassador

boos.jpg

Some handsets are destined for greatness especially in the prepaid space and without a doubt the Desire is one of them.  At $99, this is a no brainer for Boost customers, and the majority of the reviews reflect that.  Sure there are some trade offs especially around display and onboard memory, but for most this device will do just fine and you can't beat that price point.

Memory can be managed as you have seen in posts by some of the other PAs so that is not an insurmountable obstacle, and the display is comparable to other devices at the lower end of the smartphone spectrum.  Overall though, the Desire 510 is a well designed handset from HTC who is known globally for their manufacturing prowess.

A few surprises that I didn't think would be on a so-called "budget" phone like the 510.

• HD Voice - Wow!  This is a great one.  HD voice calls are like having the other person you are talking to inside your head.  Yeah it's a little odd at first but once you get past that, every other call will sound muddy and muted. If you've ever been on an HD voice call on the Boost network, you know what I mean, so this is a great feature of the 510.
  • Quad core processor - I talked about the processor on one of my previous posts but really only around the fact that it's our first 64-bit SoC on a device.  But to have quad-core on a budget device is awesome and something that would have been unheard of even a year ago.  It just goes to show how lower component prices can bring great user experiences to customer no matter the price point of the device.
  • LTE - Who says you haver to have a high end flagship to experience high end data speeds?  With Boost 4G LTE on the Desire 510, you can too.  Faster web browsing and streaming video are all possible on this super fast network.

Clearly the Desire 510 is doin' it right on the prepaid side of the house and offers Boost customers an excellent hardware choice.  In the olden days of prepaid, you would be lucky if your options went beyond a couple of rickety flip phones that did, well nothing.  We hope to see more devices like the Desire coming to Boost in the near future to keep our customers connected!

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee