cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassadors Quick Tips: Customizing HTC's Dot View Case

Sprint Product Ambassador

HTC's Dot View case harkens back to simpler digital times. . . days of playing Pong, chasing ghosts with Pacman and memories of 8 bit graphics as far as your thumbs would take you.  If you are too young to know what I'm talking about take a minute and educate yourself, youthful geeks should know their roots.  The Dot View flip case definitely employs a retro strategy when it comes to graphics presentation and I have to say it is a brilliant strategy.  When all other manufactures are racing to produce the latest and greatest, HTC reaches out to your nostalgic side in a creative and very fun way.  The Dot View case accessory now extends across several HTC's products including the One M8, One E8, and now the mid-tier Desire.  If you have made the purchase decision congrats!  Now let's get the most out of the case by understanding the customization features.

The Settings Trail

settings screen one.jpg

The options to customize your Dot View experience is rather straight forward and can be easily found in the Personalization section in your setting menu.  Select the Dot View selection highlighted to the left which will take you to the next screen below.

The Options

settings+screen+two.png

With the Dot View options screen open let's take a look at what's available to bend to our will!!!!

Theme-  The meat and potatoes of your customization capabilities when it comes to the graphics presentation, I explain further below.

Dot View timeout-  simple setting that lets you pick how quickly your case screen goes dormant after inactivity.  You will have 5, 10, and 15 second options to pick from

Notification settings-  allows you to customize which services are allowed to present notifications on the case's cover.  I would have all checked as this is one of the benefits of the flip case and affords the convenience of view missed events without opening the case.

The case with many faces

theme+page.png

As I previously mentioned the element that really makes this case unique is the 8 bit like graphics presentation yielded on the cover's front flap.  Within the theme option mentioned above users will have the opportunity to select one of the several native graphic arrangements to adorn their case.  (several options pictured to the left)  If you really want to get creative take a picture and let Dot View case take it for a time machine ride back to the 1980s.  A very neat feature but I would try to find pictures of simple images in order for the 8 bit graphic representation to look recognizable.

I want to provide a few pics of the graphics in actual use so you can get a sense of how they appear:

information+and+notifications2.jpg

The stock view, no background but I like the arrangement of the temp and weather indicators.

the real wildside.jpg

Feed your wild side!

smiles2.jpg

8 Bit conversion of a pic, all smiles here. . . .

Ok you are now a Dot View Guru so go customize your case and make it uniquely yours!  If you have any questions don't hesitate to leave one in the comments section of this post.

Until Next Time-

Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee