cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HTC Desire 510

0 Comments

ZOE pic.pngWe take pictures of everything.  Now that our phones can take HD pictures, video, and albums of events with next to no effort, there are quite a few options for you to take pictures and share them with the world in a unique, clean, and highly polished product.  HTC and Google have taken that idea and branded it, each in their own way, to provide a great option for the photojournalist in all of us.Google+ stories.png

HTC has developed the zoe experience for those of us who enjoy taking pictures with our phone.  Zoe is an automated engine that runs in the background on the stock gallery on your HTC Desire 510 or One series handset.  It will group photos from one location, or event, or date, and group them together.  It will also apply filters to those photos to slightly change the final product of each picture.  It will stitch those photos together with slideshow transitions, and use an MP3 on your current device as background music to create a musical slideshow that can be shared as a video.  You have probably already seen it and not even known it.  It is so easy to use, you may not know that you are using it.  Zoe on your htcdesire510 will do the work for you and you won't know the difference!

Android now loads the "Photos" app on most of your devices anymore, and does an auto-backup of photos to the cloud.  Although a lot of people are not a fan of how Google stores ALL of your information, the end result with google+ stories is pretty amazing  Photos are stitched together auto-awesome.pngin a virtual picturebook that can be shared on your social circles.  Again, they are grouped via a specific event, date, or location, and then stitched together.  The final product is very slick, including an actual page turning animation that gives users the feel of browsing through a picture book.

Lastly, there is the Auto-Awesome feature in Google Photos.  I will eventually look up the criteria for how Google knows what pictures are AWESOME and what pictures that it can make "Auto-Awesome", but what it comes down to is this.  Google will review pics that are on your mobile device, and then select them... probably based on some form of empirical data that has to do with lighting, contrast, focus, exposure, etc.  It may or may not apply filters, or string multiple photos together to create the illusion of animation, or just add a REALLY well taken photo to the category... but the end result is that there is a category in the menu with all of your Auto-Awesome photos.  These are the best of the best... spectacular photos of your 8yo tackling a soccer ball away, or your cousin blowing out his birthday candles, or even a still life of your very tasty breakfast that you made on Saturday morning.  It's random (in my eyes, at least), but also another neat way to review the photos you have taken with your HTC Desire 510.

Although it's not the best camera on the market, it does allow you to create these experiences that you can share with your friends and family.  The camera is repsonsive and does a good enough job when you are out and about.  And add in any of these enhancements, and no one will know the difference!

Enjoy!

D

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint
employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They
volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to
the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these
devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect
the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE,
technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be
expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles.
#sprintemployee

0 Comments

Desire510.jpg

I have been using the Desire 510 for just over a month now. I usually carry around higher end devices like the One M8, but it was actually a good experience to use a budget phone for a while. I think most people would be happy with what they get for the price. The 510 will not wow anyone with its screen or impress with its sound, but overall you get a solid phone that can do more than most phones at its same cost. The downfall with the Desire is the storage space. You really have to buy a SD card if you want to buy this phone. There is not enough storage to have the apps that most people want to use. In my experience, many apps would successfully transfer over to the SD card while others were not able to. Pictures and videos can easily be stored to save room for the apps that won’t transfer. The highlight of the Desire 10 is the processor. Its equipped with a quad core processor that really allows you to use your phone for whatever you need it for.

HTC has equipped their phones with some really cool software. The best of the preloaded apps is BlinkFeed which turns your phone into a media and news source that is easy to access. It really is the best news source I have used in its category. HTC found a way to make it easy and simple to integrate all your personal apps, such as Facebook and Instagram, into a mix of news that you can edit and choose. They also have Zoe which allows you to create short videos and turn them into pictures you can store and share with your friends.

The Desire 510 won’t appeal to those who are looking for the latest and greatest. HTC has you covered with both the M8 and E8 if you want the best specs and design around. If you are looking for a cheaper Android phone that does not compromise on speed, then give this phone a chance. Just remember to pick up a SD card at the same time!

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

For the most part I am not a gamer on my phone. I have tablets that I will use when I am bored and want to waste time. There are times though when I find myself becoming addicted to playing games on the go with my phone. Most low priced smartphones don’t have enough power to really allow you to play any games without constant lag. The Desire 510 breaks that trend with an extremely powerful quad core processor. The downside is the low storage space so you have to be careful with some of the games that are out there. Here is how the Desire 510 put up with two of my favorite smartphone games:

Temple Run 2 – I became addicted to Temple Run 2 when my nephew showed me it a few months ago. It seems like a boring game on paper, but once you start swinging and jumping around on screen you can get hooked pretty quickly. The most important part of the game is keeping concentration and having good finger reflexes  . If you have a device that lags you will most likely fall right off the cliff or be eaten by the gorilla. The Desire 510 performs beautifully and never has even a slight hiccup. I even like the smaller size of the phone because it’s easier to hold play with one hand. I have been trying to beat my nephew’s high score for the past month but I can’t even get close. Great game on a device that allows you to take full advantage of it.

Temple-Run-2.jpg

Angry Birds Stella – Yes I am still playing Angry Birds! I have loved it since the first one came out and have played all variants that they throw out. Stella is a new game that allows you to play with different characters who have different abilities. The games vibrant colors even look good on the lower quality screen that is found on the Desire. It also handles it with ease with its quad core processor. This is my game of choice to play when my wife is trying on a bunch of things when we are out shopping. The Desire’s size also makes it the perfect portable gaming companion.

__thumb_-3-Stella-Announcement_final.png

The internal space on the Desire can keep you from installing larger games, but sometimes you can transfer them to an SD card. This phone is proof that you don’t have to spend a lot of money to get the speed you need on your phone.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

htc-logo-1.jpg

Back in February, HTC announced that they would return to making low and mid-tier devices to reverse their struggling sales performance.  The lofty goals of Peter Chou to ride on the coattails of a wel designed flagship were not bearing fruit and the Taiwanese handset maker once known as a giant in the industry was facing an onslaught of competition not only from behemoths like Apple and Samsung but from nimble and agressive competitors like LG as well as rising regional OEMs in China like Xiaomi.

HTC's most recent earnings report has showed that they have slowed their decline by releasing lower end devices such as the Desire 510, as well as making the best in class Android handsets like their popular One M8 and One M8 HK flagships.  Clearly devices like the Desire are part of their go-forward growth strategy in a fircely competitive work where they can't afford to compete on 2 SKUs per year.  Diversification is key and they seem to have finally embraced this.

The Wall Street Journal chronicles this shift well...

Two years ago, HTC’s Chief Executive Peter Chou was still adamant that the high-end smartphone maker would not tarnish its brand by selling low-cost phones.

“We don’t want to destroy our brand image,” he told The Wall Street Journal at the time.

Since then, the Taiwanese smartphone maker has seen a steady sales slide. The company forecast on Monday its second net loss on record, with revenue expected to hit its lowest in more than four years.

Which all means that HTC can no longer afford to cling to its former lofty strategy. On Monday, Chief Financial Officer Chang Chialin said that the company was pushing into lower price bands than ever before, with plans to roll out smartphones that cost $150 to $200. Last year, HTC’s cheapest smartphone sold in China for $230.

It’s a sharp contrast with two years ago, when Mr. Chou said that the company wouldn’t release any models that sell for 1,000 Chinese yuan ($165) or less, saying, “we won’t have good products at that price level.”

It’s a different person talking now, too. The changes come as Mr. Chang, a cost-conscious CFO who joined from Goldman Sachs, is gaining a larger say in the company’s direction. Mr. Chang had global sales added on to his responsibilities in December, and has since been speaking more publically on behalf of the company.

Monday marked his first solo sit-down meeting with reporters in Taipei, following the company’s release of grim first-quarter guidance. In person interviews about the company’s direction were primarily done by Mr. Chou or Chairwoman Cher Wang previously. The 46-year-old Mr. Chang was relaxed and congenial as he discussed the company’s strategy.

“Volume is more important to us this year than last year,” he said.

The $150 to $200 phones will be sold not only in China, but also in developed markets like the U.S. and Europe.

“It may come up in the retail environment, it may come up in the prepaid environment,” he said.

However, he added that the company still believed its strength came from its high-end flagship line.

The shift at HTC comes in response to a changing competitive landscape. Cheaper Chinese smartphone makers have been growing in strength, putting pressure on the rest of the market. Since last year, Huawei’s global smartphone market share has climbed to 4.9% from 4.0%, and Lenovo’s has risen to 4.5% from 3.3%, according to research firm IDC. HTC fell out of the ranks of the top 10 smartphone makers last year, and market researcher firms like Gartner and IDC no longer publish the company’s market share.

Even market leader Samsung has felt the squeeze, saying last month its fourth quarter mobile division earnings remained flat from a year earlier.

At HTC, the shift toward lower segments also comes after previous strategies have come up empty. The company last year tried to streamline its product lines with a focus on its flagship, saying it had previously spread itself too thin. Last year, 30% of its sales volume came from the flagship line, Mr. Chang said. HTC will launch more lower-cost models this year than last year, he said.

Source: WSJ

Things are looking up for HTC but it's slow going and not getting any easier.  We hope to see lower end devices like the Desire series help their bottom line this year and into 2015.  As always, we are big fans and rooting for you HTC!

Until next time,

The Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

boos.jpg

Some handsets are destined for greatness especially in the prepaid space and without a doubt the Desire is one of them.  At $99, this is a no brainer for Boost customers, and the majority of the reviews reflect that.  Sure there are some trade offs especially around display and onboard memory, but for most this device will do just fine and you can't beat that price point.

Memory can be managed as you have seen in posts by some of the other PAs so that is not an insurmountable obstacle, and the display is comparable to other devices at the lower end of the smartphone spectrum.  Overall though, the Desire 510 is a well designed handset from HTC who is known globally for their manufacturing prowess.

A few surprises that I didn't think would be on a so-called "budget" phone like the 510.

• HD Voice - Wow!  This is a great one.  HD voice calls are like having the other person you are talking to inside your head.  Yeah it's a little odd at first but once you get past that, every other call will sound muddy and muted. If you've ever been on an HD voice call on the Boost network, you know what I mean, so this is a great feature of the 510.
  • Quad core processor - I talked about the processor on one of my previous posts but really only around the fact that it's our first 64-bit SoC on a device.  But to have quad-core on a budget device is awesome and something that would have been unheard of even a year ago.  It just goes to show how lower component prices can bring great user experiences to customer no matter the price point of the device.
  • LTE - Who says you haver to have a high end flagship to experience high end data speeds?  With Boost 4G LTE on the Desire 510, you can too.  Faster web browsing and streaming video are all possible on this super fast network.

Clearly the Desire 510 is doin' it right on the prepaid side of the house and offers Boost customers an excellent hardware choice.  In the olden days of prepaid, you would be lucky if your options went beyond a couple of rickety flip phones that did, well nothing.  We hope to see more devices like the Desire coming to Boost in the near future to keep our customers connected!

Until next time,

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

0 Comments

When looking into a new phone I like to look a reviews and average them all out.  Here is the latest review taken from Sprint.com about the HTC Desire:

Desire review1.PNG

Other reviews point to the fact the phone lacks a flash when taking pictures.  I personally do not find myself taking alot of pictures where flash is needed but if you do I can see where this would be a concern.  I love the size and feel of the phone.  It does lack alot of internal storage but when adding an SD card and transferring apps to the SD card it can assist in running out of space.

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

Once again I've come to that time in my Product Ambassador lifecycle where I say good bye and provide some parting words.  Some engagements I hate to see end, for others it can't come soon enough.  This time around for the Desire I have to say it is somewhere inbetween.

The Attraction to the Desire

dotview.jpg

The main selling point of the device for me was the Dot View Case.  The fact that an entry level device was given the same accessory strategy as the high end flagship was a nice move on HTC's part.   Though this variant doesn't have the swipe gesture capability to answer or decline calls it did retain the full visual trickery of 8 bit graphics.   The display options are fun to toy with and leveraging the 8 bit conversion on your camera pics is fun to play with.  Traditionally I have not been a fan of flip cases but being able to close this one while engaging a voice call mitigates some of the awkwardness of the flip style cases.  The case is a nice retro touch in an industry that tends to take the strategy of "bleeding edge or nothing" to the extreme.

memory issue.png

Remembering it all

So the one thing that I simply didn't like and never really got over was the lack of usable storage.  As you can see in the screen capture to the right the device has 4GB of internal storage but a vast majority, 3 1/2GB, are consumed by operating system and preload files.  This simply does not leave enough room for apps, especially for those of us that are seasoned Android users.  You can mitigate the lack of storage space by bringing a micro SD card to the party but know it isn't going to be an end all solution.   With KitKat more often than not apps are set so they can't be offloaded to an SD card so the expandable memory solution will only address storage concerns for pictures, music, and video.  (and those rare few apps)   I would say this device is ideal for those customers that are brand new to the Android platform and aren't quite app savvy yet.  If you are upgrading from a previous Android device and will be bringing a modest app list with you I would recommend you look elsewhere so you don't have to play the storage management game your favorite apps or run into frequent low memory warning messages.

In all the Desire is a good device for the right person, at a very aggressive price point it is a good value for new mobile users looking to expand their horizons from a simple voice/text device.   HTC's quality in design philosophy isn't lost on this device and I tip the cap to them for not cutting corners on the build quality or materials used.  If you can look past the limited storage space this device might be right for you, get your hands on one and check it out!

Until next time-

Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

The past few weeks with the HTC Desire 510 have been eye opening to say the least. I've never been one to opt for the low-cost device when looking for a smartphone. I've always been tempted by the contractal price, with the higher cost service plan and 2 year agreement. Of course that gets me the latest phone with all of the coolest features and technologies. I wrongly assumed that this was the only way to get the latest features on a really great phone.

Now, a whole new world of possibilities have opened up.

Okay that may be an exaggeration, but what's not is the fact that HTC brought plenty of premium features to the low cost HTC Desire 510 including Blinkfeed, Sense 6 and a TON of cloud storage just for being a Sprint customer. Its staggering that you could go to a Sprint store, spend a little over $200 for a brand new smartphone, and own it outright with no purchase contract added to your account. Especially when you find out it gives you many of the same great features of the $600+ smarthphones on the market.

Overall, this is a nice device for the budget concious consumer that has the build quality we've come to expect from HTC. Consumers will be able to take advantage of everything from BlinkFeed to HTC Advantage and the Google Drive offer. For more details on these features and many many more you should visit: HTC Desire 510

Thanks for reading,

- Your Product Ambassador Team

0 Comments

Living in the Northern Virginia area, I hardly ever use public transport so I have only used the CAR navigation feature of google.  Early this week I spent time in Philadelphia and New York City and discovered the very useful feature of google navigation on my HTC Desire 510.

I wanted to go from “home” to a 30th Street Station by bus, looking at google map and I clicked the BUS icon on the screen:

I got a full bus schedule showing me where I can catch the different bus to my destination.  If you click the “Depart at” spot, you can change the time and plan ahead for your journey.

If you click the Options, you can look at different public transport options as well.

This was so useful, and I also had a good time showing off my HTC Desire 510 and this google maps feature with two of the tourists in NYC too.

Bye for now,

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

Hung Bui.

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

20141031_123707_resized.jpg20141031_123746_resized.jpgFor those of you using the HTC Dot

View cover, you'll see there is a Halloween surprise today!

A recent software push has enabled holiday specific animations for users of the Dot View case.  You will see in the linked article here from HTC Source that it automatically pushes the Halloween theme based on the date.  You should be able to go in to settings and change back to your own theme or customized theme, but why bother!  What my attached photos don't show is that the pumpkin and the skeleton with bats are actually animated.  So now we have what amounts to Live Wallpapers for your HTC Dot View cover! Some may see this as a small detail, but you have to admint that it's one that shows there was a little more thought put in to the Dot View case than just the mere retro-stylings of the 8-bit display.

Enjoy, and Happy Halloween!

D

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. sprintemployee

0 Comments

Picture1.pngDesire510.jpg

HTC has released two awesome budget friendly phones in the past two month at Sprint. While they are both great phones, they are aimed at two different audiences. The One E8 is a high end device disguised by a mid-range price. The Desire 510 is what I would call a starter device that is more powerful than most phones at the same price point. I have been using both for the past four weeks and here is how they compare to each other.

Screen – The One E8 has the same beautiful screen that is found on the One M8 so it is crisp and colorful. The Desire 510 has 208 ppi pixel density. The screen will never win any awards but it is more than adequate for everyday use. Put the two phones together and you can tell the difference right away, but if you use the Desire 510 by itself videos and pictures look good and run smoothly.

Processor – Both the E8 and Desire 510 have quad core processors. The E8 runs smooth and can handle anything you throw at it. Usually where budget friendly phones falter is in the processor. The Desire 510 does not disappoint and is very quick. Games work flawlessly and videos play without any type of lag. The processor in the Desire is really its strength as a phone.

Misc Features – The camera and sound on the E8 are awesome. Every phone should have two front facing speakers because it makes a huge difference. The E8 also got a bump to a 13mp camera which is great in good light. The Desire 510 does not come with BoomSound so the sound is significantly lower in quality. It sounds ok and gets the job done but the speakers are nothing to get excited about. The camera on the 510 is 5mp and takes decent pictures. It is good enough for those who do not use their phone as their primary camera.

The HTC One E8 is the better of the two new phones from HTC, but is also the more expensive. The Desire 510 is a really great option if you want a cheap phone that is powerful enough to run games and watch movies and videos one. When you are making your choice you have to determine what features are most important to you to make sure you get what you need out of your phone. The Desire 510 is probably the best low cost phone I have used and I have been impressed with the power of it. 

0 Comments

In order to confirm if a smartphone is adequate in performing its basic function then camera evaluation is a critical part of the process.  In this post I am trying to do a quick comparison of photos taken by the HTC 510 Desire against my favorite device HTC One E8.

The Desire photo pixel count is 1440x2560 vs. 2368x4224 of the E8

I have also reduced the resolution of the E8 camera photos to the same size as of those of the Desire. So the original E8 photos may produce more details than shown.  All processing were done using Photoshop CS5.  All shots were made with camera auto setting and trying to focus the same area of the object.  The photos have also been further resized to fit this post file size limit.

desire-vs-e8-02-resize.jpg

Here I took a shot of a perfect Virginia Fall day. You can see the Desire produces pretty good photo that I would be able to share on Facebook.  The E8 clearly produces better color, and contrast here due to its larger pixel count.

desire-vs-e8-01-resize.jpg

Under low light, the Desire photo contains a lot more noise.  Here it is not clear if the focusing is having issue or because of the slow speed causing the Desire photo to be more blurred.  The smaller pixel count on the Desire does provide a brighter photo but the end result is still far short of the E8.

It is interesting that I could not find the flash control on the Desire camera control.  Maybe it is hidden somewhere that I could not find but certainly it is not a good thing.  I, therefore, could not compare the performance of the two using the camera flash.

desire-vs-e8-03-resize.jpg

In the above photos, I tried to take a close up of a rose.  I did not like the outcome of both cameras.  The details on the rose both lost in this case, I do not know if it is because of the focusing issue or not, but the details of the rose petals did not get captured at all.

In conclusion, unless there is a flash option to the camera, it will be difficult to say that the Desire is adequate to be used as a low end device to capture photos for social media sharing.  Until we can have the flash (let me see if I can figure out how) I cannot make such recommendation.

Until next time.

Hung Bui

Your Sprint Product Ambassador*

* Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.

0 Comments

htc-desire-510-sketchfab-grey.png

I have used the HTC Desire for almost a month and there are some great things and some not so great things about this phone.  The one thing that stands out and it is not represented in the quadrant score that is below, the hardware of the phone can perform and multitask with the best of them.  I was very shocked and how it handled multiple apps, I was able to switch back and forth with no issues.  I put this phones hardware up against any phone out there but according to the benchmark it won’t hang, but trust me it can.  The HTC E8 is a mid-range phone but it performs at premium standards.

The HTC Desire 510 specs are

Processor - 1.2 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 quad-core

Memory - 4 GB internal storage, raw hardware

1 GB internal storage, available to user

1 GB RAM

The HTC One E8 specs are

Processor - 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 quad-core

Memory - 16 GB internal storage, raw hardware

10 GB internal storage, available to user

2 GB RAM

Heres the benchmark test the HTC Desire 510 got 8369 the HTC E8 got 23566

Screenshot_2014-10-30-13-59-37.pnghtce8.png

Thanks for reading have a good day!

“Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee.”

0 Comments

The HTC Desire 510 is a great device for the price. Sprint and HTC have worked very hard to keep the cost as low as possible while still giving you a quality built phone. A phone that has acces the nation's newest network and Sprint Spark with blazing fast speeds. A phone that provides you with up to 100GB of additional free cloud storage with Google drive. A phone that despite its extremely low cost to purchase off contract ($216) is built with quality in mind by HTC.

The back camera records in Full HD (1080p) and takes pictures with its 5MP camera. And just for being a Sprint customer, you get an upgraded front facing camera too! HTC and Sprint have joined forces to give you a 1.3MP, 720P video recording front camera on the HTC Desire 510. This is compared to ALL other carriers' versions of the device which sport a 0.3MP and VGA recording! If you've ever had a doubt in your mind that Sprint was the best carrier around, its things like this that should clear it away. Sprint and HTC have created a formidable low-cost device for anyone looking for a great phone for very little coin. Here are the full specs for the cameras as provided by HTC.com:

HTC Desire 510 Specs and Reviews | HTC United States

510All other carriers

• Main Camera: 5 MP, 1080p video recording
  • Front Camera: 0.3 MP, VGA video recording

Sprint Only

• Main Camera: 5 MP, 1080p video recording
  • Front Camera:1.3 MP, 720p video recording

Thanks for reading, For more information on this device visit HTC Desire 510

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

0 Comments

gal_463x407_4.jpg

Everyone loves to have the latest and greatest, even if it is just to "Keep up with the Joneses". There

are times when people upgrade to things just because they have bigger numbers, when the fact is that,

sometimes, the user will not see a difference. Luckily, getting the HTC Desire 510 for its 64-bit CPU

is not one of those times.

Although you may not initially see too much of a difference between other budget phones and this,

there is a lot happen in the background that cannot be seen. Soon, the next version of android,

named Lollipop, will support 64-bit, and apps will be converted to support it. This will do wonders

for battery life, and should assist with getting rid of some of the "android lag" that people see when

dealing with custom user interfaces that some manufacturer's put on their phones (HTC excluded,

because they do an incredible job of keeping things smooth).

You can find a great article explaing the benefits a little further here. You can also find my full review of

the phone here.

0 Comments

After 4 weeks with the HTC Desire 510 I wanted to see the differences between the Mid grade HTC Desire and the high end HTC One.  So here are some specs:

3G Network HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100

4G Network LTE 800 / 1800 / 2600

SIM Micro-SIM

Announced 2014, August

Status Available. Released 2014, September

Body Dimensions 139.9 x 69.8 x 10 mm (5.51 x 2.75 x 0.39 in)HTC0PCV1KIT_LPI.gif

Weight 158 g (5.57 oz)

Display Type Capacitive touchscreen, 16M colors

Size 480 x 854 pixels, 4.7 inches (~208 ppi pixel density)

Multitouch Yes

- HTC Sense UI v5.5

Sound Alert types Vibration, MP3, WAV ringtones

Loudspeaker  Yes

1. 3.5mm jack  Yes

Memory Card slot microSD, up to 128 GB

Internal 8 GB, 1 GB RAM

Data GPRS Yes

EDGE Yes

Speed HSDPA, HSUPA; LTE

WLAN Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, DLNA, Wi-Fi hotspot

Bluetooth v4.0, A2DP

NFC Yes (market/operator dependent)

USB microUSB v2.0

Camera Primary 5 MP, 2592 х 1944 pixels, check quality

Features Geo-tagging

Video 1080p, check quality

Secondary VGA

Features OS Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat)

Chipset Qualcomm MSM8916 Snapdragon 410

CPU Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A53

GPU Adreno 306

Sensors Accelerometer, proximity

Messaging SMS (threaded view), MMS, Email, Push Email

Browser HTML5

Radio TBC

GPS Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS

Java Yes, via Java MIDP emulator

Colors Vanilla White, Jet Black, Dark Grey, Deep Navy Blue

- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic

- MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player

- MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV player

- Organizer

- Document viewer

- Photo viewer/editor

- Voice memo/dial/commands

- Predictive text input

Battery   Li-Po 2100 mAh battery

Stand-by (2G) / Up to 646 h (3G)

Talk time (2G) / Up to 17 h (3G)

SpecsSize 164.5 x 82.5 x 10.29mm

Weight 217g

Display 5.9 inch, Full HD 1080p

CPU Speed Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 600 processor

1. 1.7GHz quad-core CPUs

Platform Android Android™ with HTC Sense™ 5.5

HTC BlinkFeed™

SIM Card Type micro SIM

Network1 2G/ 2.5G - GSM/GPRS/EDGE:htc-one-m8-0.jpg

850/900/1800/1900 MHz

3G - UMTS/ HSPA:

EMEA: 900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps

Asia: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 42 Mbps

Sprint: 1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 14.4 Mbps

Verizon: 850/900/1900/2100 MHz with HSPA+ up to 14.4 Mbps

3G - CDMA

800/1900 MHz for Sprint and 4G - LTE:

EMEA: 800/900/1800/2600 MHz

Asia: 900/1800/2100/2600 Mhz

Sprint: 1900 MHz

Verizon: 700 MHz

Memory2 Total storage: 32GB, available capacity varies

RAM: 2GB

Expansion card slot supports microSD™ memory card for up to 64GB additional storage (card not included)

GPS Internal GPS antenna + GLONASS

Digital compass

Sensors Gyro sensor

Accelerometer

Proximity sensor

Ambient light sensor

Fingerprint scanner

Connectivity 3.5 mm stereo audio jack

NFC

Bluetooth® 4.0 with aptX™ enabled

Wi-Fi®: IEEE 802.11 a/ac/b/g/n

DLNA® for wirelessly streaming media from the phone to a compatible TV or computer

HTC Connect™

Support consumer infrared remote control

micro-USB 2.0 (5-pin) port with mobile high-definition video link (MHL) for USB or HDMI

connection (Special cable required for HDMI connection.)

Sound Enhancement HTC BoomSound™

Dual frontal stereo speakers with built-in amplifiers

Sense Voice

Camera HTC UltraPixel Camera

BSI sensor, Pixel size 2.0 µm, Sensor size 1/3'

Dedicated HTC ImageChip™ 2

f/2.0 aperture and 28 mm lens

Smart Flash: Five levels of flash automatically set by distance to subject

1080p Full HD video recording with HDR video

Front Camera: 2.1 MP, 88° wide angle lens with HDR capability

Front Camera: 1080p Full HD video recording

HTC Zoe™ with Sequence Shot, Always Smile and Object Removal

Gallery with Video Highlights and HTC Share

Continuous shooting and VideoPic

Slow motion video recording with variable speed playback

Multimedia Audio supported formats:

Playback: .aac, .amr, .ogg, .m4a, .mid, .mp3, .wav, .wma (Windows Media Audio 9)

Recording: .amr

Video supported formats:

Playback: .3gp, .3g2, .mp4, .wmv (Windows Media Video 9), .avi (MP4 ASP and MP3)

Recording: .mp4

Battery3 Capacity: 3300 mAh

Embedded rechargeable Li-polymer battery

Talk time:

Up to 25 hours for 3G

Standby time:

Up to 585 hours for 3G

AC Adapter Voltage range/frequency: 100 ~ 240 V AC, 50/60 Hz

DC output: 5 V and 1.5 A

As you can see the high end HTC does have more features but since the HTC One has a embedded rechargeable battery the battery can't be replaced by the enduser so if anything goes wrong with the battery you will need to take the device into a Sprint store if you have the protection plan and if not you will need to send the phone to HTC, my spouse was without his HTC One for about 2 weeks because of this issue phone had to go back to HTC.  Now with the HTC Desire 510 the back come off easly so if you ever need to replace the battery it's just a trip to retail store.

Specs were provided by :gsmarena.com

"Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee."

0 Comments

HTC's Dot View case harkens back to simpler digital times. . . days of playing Pong, chasing ghosts with Pacman and memories of 8 bit graphics as far as your thumbs would take you.  If you are too young to know what I'm talking about take a minute and educate yourself, youthful geeks should know their roots.  The Dot View flip case definitely employs a retro strategy when it comes to graphics presentation and I have to say it is a brilliant strategy.  When all other manufactures are racing to produce the latest and greatest, HTC reaches out to your nostalgic side in a creative and very fun way.  The Dot View case accessory now extends across several HTC's products including the One M8, One E8, and now the mid-tier Desire.  If you have made the purchase decision congrats!  Now let's get the most out of the case by understanding the customization features.

The Settings Trail

settings screen one.jpg

The options to customize your Dot View experience is rather straight forward and can be easily found in the Personalization section in your setting menu.  Select the Dot View selection highlighted to the left which will take you to the next screen below.

The Options

settings+screen+two.png

With the Dot View options screen open let's take a look at what's available to bend to our will!!!!

Theme-  The meat and potatoes of your customization capabilities when it comes to the graphics presentation, I explain further below.

Dot View timeout-  simple setting that lets you pick how quickly your case screen goes dormant after inactivity.  You will have 5, 10, and 15 second options to pick from

Notification settings-  allows you to customize which services are allowed to present notifications on the case's cover.  I would have all checked as this is one of the benefits of the flip case and affords the convenience of view missed events without opening the case.

The case with many faces

theme+page.png

As I previously mentioned the element that really makes this case unique is the 8 bit like graphics presentation yielded on the cover's front flap.  Within the theme option mentioned above users will have the opportunity to select one of the several native graphic arrangements to adorn their case.  (several options pictured to the left)  If you really want to get creative take a picture and let Dot View case take it for a time machine ride back to the 1980s.  A very neat feature but I would try to find pictures of simple images in order for the 8 bit graphic representation to look recognizable.

I want to provide a few pics of the graphics in actual use so you can get a sense of how they appear:

information+and+notifications2.jpg

The stock view, no background but I like the arrangement of the temp and weather indicators.

the real wildside.jpg

Feed your wild side!

smiles2.jpg

8 Bit conversion of a pic, all smiles here. . . .

Ok you are now a Dot View Guru so go customize your case and make it uniquely yours!  If you have any questions don't hesitate to leave one in the comments section of this post.

Until Next Time-

Product Ambassador Team

0 Comments

Blinkfeed: One of the best features on HTC devices that run Sense 6; HTC’s latest software. The built in app lets users quickly browse personal news interests, social media channels, and more with just the swipe of a finger. The Blinkfeed screen is always positioned to the far left as its own homescreen and can even be set as the main screen. This means you’ll be able to simply press the Home key button, and dive straight into your personalized content.

Because of the usefulness, and premium nature of the Blinkfeed app, I was pretty shocked that HTC would include the full featured experience on a “low-end” device like the HTC Desire 510. Once again, this device performs brilliantly, screaming through the screens with smooth transitions and 4.7inches of beautiful personal media content.

HTC has also published a great tutorial on Blinkfeed if you’re new, or searching for how to add content.

HTC Desire Blinkfeed.jpg

HTC Desire 510 (Sprint) Support - Ways of adding content on HTC BlinkFeed | HTC United States

Thanks for reading, For more information on this device visit HTC Desire 510

0 Comments

As our smartphones get smarter, it seems we have to be smarter in managing them. I have had the HTC Desire 510 for weeks now and I must say it does a great job in managing my daily activities. In fact, I am very impressed with the battery life and the performance of this device.

Let’s face it, we all go through some sort of a ritual when we purchase or obtain a new device and in most situation this would include the purchasing of a new case to protect the device, an extra battery or an charger to help get through the day at work, school or while you are out an about your daily routines.

I personally take things a step further by managing how my device manage apps and features such as GPS, notifications, email and apps which will continue to run in the background.

However, I am impressed with how the HTC Desire 510 is managing me. For the first time in a long time, I am able to go through the day without charging my device and without the manual management of turning off my GPS and other features that are important to me when they are not in use.

Not having to focus on my device behaviors allows me to focus on more important things in my life.

Here are some screenshots of additional options which comes with this cost saving device.

Under settings within the power section you have about 7 native stock options to help you manage your device.

Screenshot_2014-10-13-23-32-16.pngScreenshot_2014-10-13-23-32-39.png

Power Saver: Optimize battery life by managing CPU power, Display, Vibration and Data Connection controls.

Extreme power saving mode: Allows the user to turn on this feature to manage battery life once it reaches a particular level.

Usage: Provides the details related to each app and feature usage.

History: Provides a graph of the Battery usage throughout the day.

Show battery level: displays the battery level in the status bar or not

Sleep Mode: Turn off data when there is no activity occurring on the device. * You can set time frames as well.

Fast boot: Allows the device to start up and shut down quickly

With these many options, you can do a one-time setup to allow your device to manage your daily behavior on the device as well as you.

0 Comments

I'm really enjoying the HTC desire 510 and so far this med grade phone is priced right. I've never own an entry level or mid grade device only high end, but the HTC Desire 510  is great for consumers that wants the high end feel with out paying the high end price. The HTC Desire 510 comes with 5 megapixel camera and HD video recording and the camera has a selfie feature where you can set a timer up to 10 seconds so you can get your poise just right for the perfect selfie, non of my other devices have a selfie feature so what a wonderful surprise.  See pictures taking with the HTC Desire 510 below.

htcIMAG0023.jpg

htc510 MAG0022.jpg

The HTC Desire 510 has dual front and rear facing cameras it also support Chat- style messaging.

0 Comments

After one week using the HTC Desire I find that this device reminds of the HTC EVO, where I considered the best device at its time.  The device is smooth, there is little lag when you switch screen from screen. Understanding that this is an HTC low end device, I believe it has its place for users who uses the phone for basic task such as phone, email, internet service, and maybe Facebook. However, there are a few aspects of the device that you may need to watch for: memory space and camera performance.

In this blog post I am going to talk about the memory constraint on the device.  The Desire has 4GB of internal ROM space, out of the box 3.11GB has been used by the OS and pre-installed programs. Unfortunately, there is no way one can remove the unwanted pre-installed apps without rooting the phone.

I tried to emulate a basic user by just loading minimal number of apps and enabling basic services like a basic user would use the phone for:

• Set up my google account (unfortunately I have 875 contacts), this comes with Gmail
  • My pop3 mail account
  • Google voice
  • Google map
  • Hang out
  • Facebook and Facebook messenger
  • Sprint Family Locator
  • Lync 2013 mobile
  • Evernote (my favorite app)
  • Speedtest

The phone now uses up all memory that is available on the internal memory:

The phone internal storage is now full, I cannot install any other app.  Cannot move any installed app to the SD card either.

Maybe for someone who has less number of contacts in google account and if there is a way to use the SD card for all additional storage I can use the phone a bit more freely. Hopefully, HTC or Google will provide a method to make the external SD card to be used as main memory for any additional app installed and apps data (e.g. contacts, mail messages etc.) then the Desire will be perfect to be filled as a smart low end device.

Bye for now,

Your Sprint Product Ambassador

Hung Bui.

0 Comments

Protecting your investments is important, especially one that is used as much as your smartphone. 

Considering that you probably use your smartphone more than anything else during the day, wouldn't

you want it to look awesome, and possibly provide information on the go, without actually having to

check them? If you're looking for something like this, you may want to check out the Dot View Case for

the HTC Desire 510.

desireDot1.JPG

Although the case doesn't give the functionality that the Dot View cases for the M8 and E8 have, it still

provides impressive 8-bit animations for notifications, weather, and phone calls. The case can be

purchased from us here (item number 821793042974), or through other online retailers like Amazon.

Beyond the notifications making anyone who played video games in the 80's and early 90's nostalgic,

the case offers decent protection for both the front and the back of the device. 

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity.sprintemployee

0 Comments

htc-desire-510-sketchfab-grey.pngEvery phone that i have had I have a case for it I tend to drop phones, the down fall of a mid-range phone is there usually isn’t that many case options out there.  The good news is there are for the HTC Desire, the Dot view being my favorite it provides good protection of the entire phone being a flip case.  Sprint carries the body glove case for this phone it’s a mix of tpu and plastic but with its one piece design it cuts down on the size. I have used a couple of body glove cases and they were great cases.  When searching online you can find other case that may fit your needs. Like slim hard cases which has minimum protection but is very slim, the other option for the desire is a heavy duty case with a kick stand. It’s both tpu and plastic but also makes the phone bulker. So if you’re in the market there are options out there just pick the one that fits your needs.

Cases bleow, HTC Dot View case, Body Glove case, Hard sell, Heavy duty case

htc-1.jpg_1.jpgdetail-VM043859694303.png71Dua7EJaJL._SL1500_.jpg61T-3nLjuHL._SL1000_.jpg

Thanks for reading,

0 Comments

Are you in?

Have you activated your htcdesire510 and downloaded a bunch of apps?

Are you starting to see that little notification that tells you there's no memory left on your phone to do any number of things?

Let's see if we can't try to take back some of that memory by changing some settings, some habits, and some ways of thinking about how to use your phone...

1. Account management - This can take up a lot of room.  If you have 2000+ contacts, and you need them all, then there's no getting around it.  You have to sync them and that's the end of that.  HOWEVER, that doesn't mean you can't make up some room in other areas.  Set your email to download only the last week's worth of email, or better yet, only the last 3 days.  If you don't get to it in 3 days on your phone, you can still get to it on your laptop / desktop / tablet.  It's still there... you just have to go to your actual PC to take care of it.  Also, if you don't NEED to see a full month or year's worth of appointments, then only sync the last 2 weeks, or 1 week.  It's still there, and you can still look it up on your phone... it will just need to sync on an individual case basis.
  2. Email content - Not just attachments, but the format of the emails, and the length as well.  Generally speaking, unless your position requires that you MUST see formatted, image-rich emails in HTML format, you can probably get away with TEXT ONLY emails.  Do NOT select HTML emails, as these tend to be very heavy on the graphics and scripts that can hammer your memory.  Most business emails are short texts as well, so you may even be able to get away with setting your max email size to something relatively small.  Also, make sure attachments and pictures are NOT automatically downloaded, as these will cache and impact your devices performance.
  3. Pick an app already - I'm as guilty as many others.  I like to keep 2 or 3 browsers on my devices because I feel like each one does certain things better than the others.  Don't have that luxury here.  Pick one.  I am going with the stock browser because it takes the least amount of memory (Chrome is a hog).  Same with your social media apps.  If you are running Twitter, and Tweetcaster, and Tweetdeck, etc. PICK ONE ALREADY! If they are all running in the background, they can slow down your device's performance, and if you open them all at some point or another, the content you view will cache and take up memory!
  4. Look at your pix, but only briefly - Obviously we want to see our pix that we take on our mobile devices.  First and foremost, make sure you pick an application that will auto-backup your pix so you can clear them from your phone without losing them forever.  Additionally, pick ONE app to use to manage your pix.  Again, Google Pictures is a great interface, but it's very slick, which means lotsa graphics.  Go with the stock gallery, and Auto-Backup using Google Drive.  Remember that every time you open an album, or a Zoe, or a folder, or event in the Gallery, it pushes thumbnails for all of the previews in to the cache.  And then there goes the memory.  The less you can preview albums / Zoes / etc in the gallery, the better off your memory will be.
  5. Get a MicroSD card (duh) - 4GB cards are available for as little as $3.  Get one to just push your apps, your photos, your videos, etc. to the card.  Helps to clear up a lot of space.  You can get a 16GB card for $15.  Do it.  Then you'll have something to keep your content on all the time, and apps that will allow you to push to SD can reside on your card.  **DO NOT** go with a 128GB or 64GB card.  IN MY PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I have not been able to make those work correctly on the htcdesire510.  Better to play it safe with a maximum 32GB card, and make sure it's a Class 10 card.

Obviously if you are pushing all sorts of updates from the market and auto-syncing all 20 of your social media platforms, you will end up choking your memory.  HOWEVER, I've found that by minimizing my app usage and the impact of the content therein using the tips above, I have NOT experienced any memory issues in over a week... (and I have over 2000 contacts in my address book!).

Good luck, and hope you're enjoying the device!

D

0 Comments

gal_463x407_4.jpg

(source)

No, the HTC Desire 510 is not a flagship device. Would you know it from looking at the price? Definitely.

Could you tell by picking up the phone and using it? Probably not. The phone is as smoothe (even

smoother, in some cases) in every day use as some flagship devices out there, at a fraction of the price.

You may not get all the bells and whistles, but it is still a great phone that offers top level performance,

while keeping the price point low enough to make it the perfect choice for someone on a budget.

Specs

Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 at 1.2 GHz, quad core

Memory: 4GB internal storage (1GB useable by the user, up to 128GB via microSD), 1GB RAM

Display: 4.7", 480 x 854 pixels, LCD

Battery: 2100mAh, removable

Camera: 5 megapixel camera, 1080p video recording capability

Screen

The screen may not be 1080p, but it is more than useable. Although viewing angles aren't the best, I

tend to forget the resolution is so low because the icons aren't huge, blocky, pixelated objects taking up

half of my homescreens. Brightness can be turned up enough so viewing content during your outdoor

activities is adequate, and although there is some minor ghosting when switching between tasks or

screen, it is not an issue when doing everyday tasks like browsing the web, checking emails, or even

playing simple games. The display may seem a little washed out in comparison to something like the

M8 or S5, but you'd also be spending another $400+ off contract for something like that.

HTC_Desire_510_PerRight_Navy-1280x907.jpg

(source)

Aesthetics

It may not be the thinnest, and it may not have smallest bezel, but the phone looks sharper than most of

the phones being offered on the market. Sure, this is subjective, but the matte finish with the blue color and

the sleek, streamlined industrial look HTC has perfected is something most users will find refreshing,

considering that so many phone are coming out with so many aesthetic distractions. The volume buttons

are on the right side, with the power button on the top. The phone is small enough to where reaching

the power button is not an issue, making this a favorable choice if you are purchasing this for someone with

small hands or arthritis.

Camera

Don't let the 5 megapixels fool you. Pictures are clear and precise. You may run into issues taking pictures

in the dark, since there is no flash on the device, but it gets the job done in most situations.  Video recording

for up to 1080p videos is supported, which is impressive on a device in this price range.  Sure, there are

better cameras out there, but this can definitely get the job done in a "snap" (pun intended!).

Overall User Experience

I am extremely impressed with the performance on this phone. I'm not necessarily talking about gaming

performance, but general user interaction with the device seem more fluid than most phones on the market

that have double the power (and more than double the price). The phone has excellent battery life, lasting me

2 days with moderate use. Please note that I leave my gaming for my tablet, so most of the activity that occurs

on my phone is limited to texting, browsing, reading blogs, phone calls, and intermittent youtubing. Make no

mistake: even though the phone is best suited for the entry level user, especially one on a budget, the phone

does a great job of using the resources it has available. Moreover, this is the first Android phone with a 64-bit

processor, so when future iterations of Android get released, your phone will be taking advantage of that, causing

performance to theoretically only see a positive vertical move.

htc_desire_510_6v_blue_0.jpg?itok=GdtdwnK9

(source)

Final thoughts

This is a beautiful device, for a beautiful price. Sure, this may not have all the features that a Flagship phone like

the HTC One M8 will have, but this is a budget phone that offers slight future proofing by providing a 64-bit CPU,

expandable memory, and a removable battery. If you are in the market for something affordable, especially for an

older parent or young teen, this is a great value worth considering.

0 Comments

cpu.jpg

One of the little known facts about the HTC Desire 510 is that it's the first Android handset with a processor (Qualcomm Snadragon 410 using ARM Cortex A53 design) capable of supporting 64-bit computing.  So what exactly is 64-bit and why should you care?

Well, at least for right now.. it kind of doesn't matter.

Android is a 32-bit operating system so a 64-bit processor on a device is pointless since the software can't utilize it.  The good news is that the next major release of Android, dubbed Android L will supposedly support 64-bit processors.  In fact Google posted last week that a 64-bit emulator was available for developers, but only for Intel x86.

So, when the stars align and Android supports 64-bit architecture, it will bring some immediate benefits in terms of performance and memory management to users as explained by Nvidia's Nick Stam:

Nearly all mainstream and high-end consumer notebook and desktop CPUs transitioned to 64-bit many years ago, and for good reason-- they afford higher performance for applications coded to use the 64-bit features, and larger memory addressing for the operating system and multiple applications.

For Android, the story is not simply 64-bit, but really more about the new ARMv8 Architecture. In addition to enabling 64-bit applications, ARMv8 brings a host of improvements in power efficiency as well as performance that have a direct and significant impact on nearly every 32-bit Android application in the market today.

Google announced at this year's I/O conference that the next version of Android – "L" - will offer 64-bit CPU support. In fact, NVIDIA is already developing L on our 64-bit Tegra K1 mobile processor, which includes our custom-designed Denver CPU.

Denver is an amazing CPU - and the first 64-bit CPU for Android. It completely outpaces the other ARM mobile offerings. Each Denver core is a 7-way superscalar processor internally– rather than 3-way seen in many ARM-based chips - and with much larger caches. Denver is the highest performance mobile ARM CPU ever created – it's designed for the highest single CPU throughput and will be coming to devices later this year."

Source: Android Central

Better performance and better memory management really boils down to the device becoming more efficient, which means better battery life and a smoother UI.  While it remains to be seen in a real world environment what 64-bit can really do, it's great to know that your unassuming Desire 510 is one of the first (believe actually THE first) Android devices that is future proofed to take advantage of this next generation processor technology.  Now once the application developers catch up (and provided the Desire moves to Android L!), we'll really be flying!

Until next time,

0 Comments

The HTC Desire 510 is a Mid level device, regular price- $216.00 and $0.00 under Sprint easy pay plan not bad. HTC Desire 510  is a Sprint Spark capable, enhanced LTE device taking full advantage of all three of Sprint's LTE bands to deliver faster data speeds and, improved in-building coverage. Sprint Spark enhanced LTE coverage is available in select markets and I happen to live in one of those markets so you know the first thing I did when I unboxed the Desire 510, I used Ookla Speed test and these are the results:

Download

27.44Mb/s

Upload

4.75Mb/s

Ping

Rating

0 Comments

talking-head.gif

When someone is trying to make an informed decision about a purchase, they often turn to reviews, and that is no different when considering a cellphone.  People can often be the best sources of information for a prospective buyer, and will be brutally honest about a phone's strengths and weaknesses.  We wanted to take a look at some reviews of the Desire 510 by folks that know best, the users!

4 / 5

4 / 5

wow

I was using the Samsung gs3 ... Then switched to this phone. Glad I did this phone way better for a great price!

4 / 5

4 / 5

great product

Very nice phone i receive it today, it worth it for it price, my wife has the s3 cannot tell the difference does the same thing . Does not have a flash but the pic quality is great

5 / 5

5 / 5

Amazing phone

I have had this phone for about a month and its just amazing! Battery life is super long, lasts me about a day and a half! Camera is ok even though there is no flash....super fast! Feels faster than an iPhone truthfully! Great htc software and just a perfect phone......If your looking to upgrade from the other boost phones, please do, it is worth the money and you wont be upset about your decision !

5 / 5

5 / 5

Phone and customer service

This phone had great features I've had all kinds of phones even the iPhone I like this phone better then all the phones I've had in the past its a little bigger but very slim and can fit comfortably wherever you're Stashing it !:-) and my phone plan is very affordable

5 / 5

5 / 5

AMAZING UPGRADE!

The phone is sleek and very fast. Despite the small storage it came with and the no flash, the phone kicks butt. You would never get a phone like this with a price that low. Go buy it.

5 / 5

5 / 5

very nice i loooove it

just got the phone and I am loving it! I had the LG venice and compared to that this phone is awesome! battery life is great..only thing i could complain about this phone is that there is no flash on this phone but the pictures come out good considering there is no flash!!!!!! if you buy this phone make sure you get a sim card for additional storage phone only has so much storage

4 / 5

4 / 5

great phone

it is a great phone. it does fill up very quickly. I'll say to get a 16 sd card as well when you buy the phone.

5 / 5

5 / 5

HTC ALL THE WAY

My first time experiencing HTC and love it. I agree the eight gigs of internal memory would be cool if it was real and a flash would be great for my evening/night time memories but overall great phone did I mention the price

5 / 5

5 / 5

This product is my fav

i LIKE THISPRODUCT BECAUSE IT IS VERY #LITT and cool

5 / 5

5 / 5

best phone

Best phone for price played will I was buying my phone the guy wss rilly useful he was cool

4 / 5

4 / 5

flash... who cares!!!!

Let me tell you I've had mutt share of "stupid smart phones" .... I've thrown them against walls, ran them over, chucked them out the car window driving in the fast lane, traded them, sold them, hated them!!! Was satisfied with LG for the most part... But this HTC ... I LOVE IT!!! BEST PHONE EVER... IT'S GOT ALL THE BELLS AND WHISTLES... SO FLASH I CAN TOTALLY LOVE WITH OUT IT AND I'M A MOMMY TAKING TONS OF PHOTOS... AMAZING PHONE

5 / 5

5 / 5

great product

Love this phone. Love the silent camera. Bargain price!

4 / 5

4 / 5

Desire for my htc 510

I love this phone.. coming from a galaxy 4 that had no insurance to this phone is a big downgrade but I love this phone the same! The 4.4 kitkat OS is amazing!! It was so Easy to transfer all info from old phone!!

5 / 5

5 / 5

All around great phone

For someone who had the old flip phone and upgraded to this,phone it was easy to learn. I get lost easily so the GPS is a godsend. I absolutely love this phone. Every one should have one.

5 / 5

5 / 5

Great phone

Contract phones have been killing me. I made a great choice. Phone is great has features I did not have on my previous phone

5 / 5

5 / 5

EXCELLENT

love my phone ... battery life great ,,and its fast ...Smiley Happy

4 / 5

4 / 5

HTC: Have This Cellphone!!!

I have been in the market for a 4G-LTE phone for over 6 months. Debating over whether to go with either a LG, a Samsung, or even an iPhone. Coming across the HTC Desire 510 was like hitting the lottery. Having the 4G-LTE service, 4.7' display, sleek stylish design, and the 4.4 Kit Kat operating system was just too good to be true. And you know what, it's ALL true! This phone is so effortless, it made transferring info, apps, photos, music and more a breeze. Sure, it doesn't have a flash to accompany the camera feature. But, in my opinion, if you want to take camera quality photos use a REAL camera! Other than that minute hiccup this is a fantastic phone, at a fantastic price, on a fantastic service [Boostmobile / Sprint], utilizing a fantastic O.S. [4.4 Kit Kat]. I recommend this phone for sure. Samsung, LG, and Apple watch your backs!! Ha! Ha! Ha!

5 / 5

5 / 5

HTC

Done it again with a very good quality phone. I have always been impressed by HTC. Very good job on this one...

Well, there you have it, direct from the users who overall seem to be very impressed with the Desire 510, especially for the money.  This is a slick little handset especially for the budget conscious, and as the PA team has been saying in multiple blogs, offers a great package for the price.

Until next time,

0 Comments

HTC DOT VIEW CASE

htc-dot-view-multi-color-slide-01.png

I am using a dot view case currently and love it.  Most flip cases require you to open the flip and check your phone.  With this case you can easily answer calls with out having to open the case.  One instance this comes in handy is if you put your phone in a car mount for cell phones.  Mine holds the phone on the edges which makes it impossible to open the case to check without having to unlock the holder and remove the phone in it's entirety.

HTC FETCH

htc-fetch-slide-01.png

I do not personally own one but the idea is very intriguing.  This key-chain device will activate your phones ringtone up to 50 feet in case you leave your phone behind.  This accessory is for those forgetful minded people who tend to leave or forget their phone in various places.  If paired with your phone you will be notified by a beep automatically when you aren't within range of your phone.  Now what if I lose both my Fetch and my phone.  Glad you asked, a map location feature will conveniently let you know where both your fetch and phone were last paired together.

HTC BATTERY BAR

htc-battery-bar-slide-01.png

One thing I can say is my battery life is not the best with the HTC Desire 510.  But this accessory can turn that around.  Simply charge your battery bar and ensure your phone will last throughout the day/night.  This accessory can be very helpful with people on the run and have no access to wall outlets.  It makes me think of the recent wall hugger commercials.  This will certaintly ensure you will not become a wall hugger.

0 Comments

Desire510.jpg

I have been using the HTC Desire 510 for a little over a week and am pretty impressed with several aspects of this budget conscious phone. A few years ago if you wanted to buy a cheap Android phone you usually would get something that has a lot of lag and becomes frustrating when trying to use most applications on it. The Desire 510 focuses on speed and the result is a smooth operating system that is powerful enough to handle almost anything you throw at it. The phone is loaded with a 1.2 GHz quad core processor which is similar or identical to the ones found on flagship phones. The best part is that the phone is cheap and can be bought off contract for $199. I tested out a few racing games and they all worked perfectly on this phone.

Speed is the main focus of the Desire so that is where you get the most bang for your buck. The screen resolution is good enough to enjoy playing games or using it for texts/emails. It won’t win any awards but I got used to it pretty quickly. I have found that when you switch to or from a phone with a high end screen you can really tell the difference, but once you use it for a while you forget those initial impressions and it becomes normal to you. The other noticeable characteristic of this phone is the weight. The phone is solid and weighs more than most other plastic phones on the market. Some like the extra weight and think it feels sturdier but others want a very light phone. I am somewhere in the middle on this one. If the weight is heavier because it makes the phone more sturdy than I am all for it. The downside to the Desire 510 is the 8gb internal storage that comes on it initially. There is a micro SD slot that allows you to increase your storage size, but not all apps can be put on the SD cards so you quickly run out of space. Bottom line is that if you buy a Desire 510 you should buy a memory card to go along with it.

It’s nice to see the change of quality in budget phones. Not everyone has the money to shell out for a “flagship” device, but that does not mean they should suffer with a phone that cannot function properly. So far I am impressed with the phone and the pros outweigh the cons. The biggest issue for me is the low storage space so before you buy it keep that in mind. Keep checking back in this space to learn more about the Desire 510 from the Product Ambassador team!