Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/12 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5

24 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 1/12 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5

spaceghost51 wrote:

When I bought the EVO 3D I expected a better experience. Yes, at first I got that but I moved from the Hero to this. I have found that my battery life continues to get worse as the days go forward. I use to get 10-11 hrs a day which I thought was tremendous but even after the recent upgrade I'm lucky to last 3-4 hrs before having to re-charge. What are the average that you guys get. I've even went so far as to turn off apps manually to preserve battery life. My girlfriend has a Droid-2 and will go for 24+ on it. Really? As for the 4G experience I must admit I've tasted it and I like it, but I can only get it in St. Louis, MO. I live 15 miles from there and I got nothing except teasing flickers on my broadband card. I have to ask is Sprint only going to roll LTE out to the bigger city's like it did 4G? I hope this isn't the case.

Have you tried fully draining your battery, then recharging it?

That battery guage is the result of an estimate based on current. Over time, your phone gets worse and worse at estimating the amount of charge left. By draining the battery as fully as possible, then recharching, you should make those estimates a bit more accurate.

Of course, if that doesn't work, definitely give Sprint a call.

Journeyman

I experienced the same issue with HTML email after updating ROM versions. Do you know the best/proper way to report this?

Journeyman

I confirmed that HTC Software ROM 2.17.651.5 breaks the Mail Client's ActiveSync to support HTML. It worked on HTC ROM 2.08.651.3

Journeyman

Listed below are my experiences so far after the software updates. My activities are strictly observation and I have not used any type of speed, signal, or battery apps:

- improved batter life. I no longer worry about charging my phone overnight. I get up and still have enough battery life for an 1.5 hr commute (by bus) reading news, streaming videos, playing games, starting a movie, or talking while using my bluetooth
- smoother display. Everything seems to be responding very well and there are no noticeable delays
- save power button is great (I am satisfied with leaving the mobile, bluetooth, and GPS features enabled for longer periods of time when traveling)
- friendstream is working for me again
- SD Card Space Internal Storage has increased. I have not deleted anything off my phone, but space availability has jumped. If my memory serves me right, prior to the update I remembered having 2GB available storage on SD card and now have 4.5gb. Internal storage used to be 400MB available, but now 827MB.

- data speeds are frustrating - I live in DT Seattle and my 4G is spotty. I am lucky to get 4g speeds inside my apartment. Prior to the update, the speeds were fine indoors. Not anymore. Even my 3g speeds seem to have slowed down too. I pay the monthly service fee to use my phone as a mobile hot spot and have noticed that streaming videos on my laptop (you tube, netflix, facebook videos, etc.) cuts in and out on both 3g & 4g speeds.This was not an issue before. I certainly have better performance outdoors, but still notice videos taking longer to load and sometimes lose connection.

Minus the data speeds, I am overall satisfied with the updates. THANK YOu!

You can check out info about LTE and news here http://www.sprint.com/landings/lte/index.html?ECID=vanity:lte

As far as battery life it is rare for a smartphone to last 24 hours, even 10-11...but this is primarily based on usage. Because the Evo and Epic devices have larger screens including the many features available on smartphones it is important to know ways to conserve battery life. With more radios to power than feature devices or other smartphones, you want to make sure you are disconnecting from 4G, Bluetooth, Wi-Fi and GPS when not in use. Also keep in mind that 3rd party apps and syncing of multiple email accounts run in the background. It may be a good idea to adjust synchronization settings as well as the frequency that certain apps check for updates.

Hi LeoTX,

I will be more than happy to check your area to make sure there are no outages if you would post your zip. If the issue had been caused by the software update, your device can be seen at our service and repair center to see how we can get a resolve. But there are still some troubleshooting steps that you can try. A profile update will reprovision your data services. This can be done by going to Settings/System Updates/Update Profile. Try this after pulling your battery for at least 30 seconds.

Journeyman

When I bought the EVO 3D I expected a better experience. Yes, at first I got that but I moved from the Hero to this. I have found that my battery life continues to get worse as the days go forward. I use to get 10-11 hrs a day which I thought was tremendous but even after the recent upgrade I'm lucky to last 3-4 hrs before having to re-charge. What are the average that you guys get. I've even went so far as to turn off apps manually to preserve battery life. My girlfriend has a Droid-2 and will go for 24+ on it. Really? As for the 4G experience I must admit I've tasted it and I like it, but I can only get it in St. Louis, MO. I live 15 miles from there and I got nothing except teasing flickers on my broadband card. I have to ask is Sprint only going to roll LTE out to the bigger city's like it did 4G? I hope this isn't the case.

Wizard

3G data speeds are pretty attrocious and I'm in a fairly metropolitan suburb. I was averaging download speeds of 400kbps.  Now I'm lucky if I get half that. 

Although I only get 3G at work, my home is in a 4G area.  I consistently get 10 times that amount or higher.  4000kbps-5000kbps is normal. Not too long ago, I ran a speedtest and achieved a download speed of 11986kbps, again that was on 4G.

GrandMaster

any issues with your data speeds going down?

Message was edited by: fireguy_6364

Wizard

I've noticed a big bump in battery life as well.  When I get home after work, I've got at least 40% of my battery remaining.