cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1/12 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5

Journeyman

I would keep the 651.3 before updating. I know everyone else's experience may vary but I just updated all three evo 3ds on my account and we have nothing but terribly slow internet speeds after the update.Speeds used to be between 800 and 1700 kbps but now they're not even past 100 kbps. It takes twice as long as it used to just to load up a google search. We have tried master resets to help with this problem, but they don't work. I called CS asking about the slow speeds to see if I have an outage in my area, zip code 02141, and they said everything was working fine, so it must be something to do with the update. I spoke with a tech at a local spint store and he told me the prl from the 651.5 update has trouble with data speeds and you can't really do anything until Sprint gets their ish together and updates the prl again. He said wait 2-3 days, maybe a week. So all three of us are pretty mad now, because our internet is so slow which in turn drains our battery life faster. I don't have 4G either yet it says there is signal on the street (I checked just now in the umpteen degree weather, not even a bar) so I can't use that and we're not in the house too much so wifi is not really an option. Why can't we go back to before the update to fix this problem. All we wanted to do was have CIQ removed because sometimes there are times when we want to use our phones for banking and we are very weary of CIQ so we never did that, but now its becoming unusable. I am now contemplating rooting our phones and voiding our warranties because the speeds are just abysmal but the roms based on 651.3 still have the faster internet speeds.

Journeyman MDJ
Journeyman

I updated last night and quite honestly, I really like it. The interface feels a lot smoother and more fluid, and the battery life improvements are impressive. They finally give us the option to put on Power Saver even while the phone has not yet reached a low-battery level. For me, it will be very useful for school - I can put it on for 8hrs a day to save battery for when I'm at home and other stuff. I'm not sure what exactly the security updates are, but I think it includes the absolute removal of Carrier IQ. Again, I'm not sure, so don't take it from me. But anyway, I think you'll be very pleased with this update. My thanks to Sprint & HTC.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Every time I try to update my phone if brings up an error message.  #1012i. I think

Journeyman

I have this update on my phone and I'm impressed with the battery life improvement.

Wizard

HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.17.651.5

Enhancements/Fixes

- Security Update

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 2.17.651.5

- The customer may initiate the update beginning 1/12 or wait until notifications begin being sent to devices on 1/17.

-  Refer to the HTC EVO 3D Software Updates blog for install instructions. 

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, you may receive a message that no update is available,   

check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device.