cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/14 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.95.651.5

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: 3/14 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.95.651.5

We should not have to download a Beta app in order to use Swype.  It's BS.  Not only does that Beta take up a lot of space, it is is a Beta!

Journeyman

I must say to Sprint that I am very disappointed with this update. I havent seen anything this buggy and this bad since Windows98 First Edition. For those folks who don't know, it was so bad they had to comeout with a whole new version to fix all the problems with it. Thats why we had Win98SE (second Edition)

Sprint why the rush to market if all this was was to fix some connections problems?

Why was there 73 seperate items listed as patches or fixes?

From some of the compalints we are now hearing it appears your update broke more things than it fixed.

Apps are no longer working.

Connections that were ok now are not being made.

Email and message signitures have been deleted and replaced with an ad for HTC.

We the customers spend days customizing our phones to US and you revoke it back to you.

I also want to know what are you doing resetting my settings so that you and big brother can track me.

I have a right to privacy and I turned off my GPS and location settings deliberately.  I did not give you permission to turn them on again.

What manager approved of rushing such a bug filled patch to market without proper inhouse beta testing? They have cost Sprint tens of thousands of dollars in bad PR.

This person needs to be demoted and their name published and they need to make a public video apology to all of the HTC customers whose phones he/she screwed up and the lost manhours and the revenue that sprint is going to be having.

I have been with sprint for over ten years and I am very disappointed and I have been loyal, where is the loyalty to us Sprint?

I think I shall be looking for a new phone...... and maybe a new carrier too.

Journeyman

I have been able to work around the Swype issue by going back to Touch Input and turning on the Trace Keyboard option.  So basically works the same, but I share in the frustration that others have expressed here.  A few of my apps were acting oddly, information was not displaying correctly but an extra reboot seems to have corrected that.  The Sprint Connector Optimizer is working on my work Guest network that normally requires a log on each morning, now I do not need to do that which is nice.  Overall, this leaves me a little concern about the way these updates are done.  Seems like this one was not tested well before it was released.  Swype not working is a big deal and very dissapointed that it was not caught in QA.  All the other updates I have received have worked great, so this is just Strike 1 for me...

Journeyman

this update made my phone start doing some type of debug... I had all kinds of garbage running on the right side of the phone for about 1 1/2 days and it seemed to not want to stop. I finally had to just do a hard reset and lose everything and then download my apps again which took almost  a day to do. Im not a swype user but i cant seem to find the personal dictionary anymore.Also some of the aps i had from the HTC hub i cant find so i had to download a similar item from the app store, I have been with Sprint for almost 2 years after leaving ATT after more 15 years and Im thinking about going back. I have only had HTC phones with Sprint so maybe its just the phone and I should get another brand. Sprints service in the stores have been great. I had to have my prior phone replaced because the Screen froze and within an hour i was given a brand new phone but over the phone is horrible service. I have had charges added to my account becasue they had system gliches and patches expire and it happened under my sons phone which is a LG Rumor. Its a phone that i have parental control over and i also have the parental control set up through their website yet i was charged 2 months in a row $75  for data usage when that cant be done without unblocking it.. I am able to upgrade in July so i will see what new phones i am eligible for.

Journeyman

This update is awful!!! Swype doesn't work, I need that to type on my phone.  All the apps are so slow.  Connection consistently crashes.  I'm beyond fed up  with HTC issues and Sprint.  Todays agenda is fine another carrier and new phones!

Journeyman

Pretty obvious that at this point I should not install this update.  I just wish there was a way to get that stupid notification to go away.  It won't clear out of the status bar.

Journeyman

Menu/Settings/System Updates/HTC Software Updates - then uncheck the scheduled check box to remove notification.

Journeyman

Same here, I updated and lost Swype (I'm re-downloading the beta now). I also lost my wi-fi completely. When I try to turn it on, it just says "error" and goes back to off.

I'm off my contract in June and will be getting the S4 on Verizon. I'm tired of hanging out in a certain area and am lucky to get 1 bar of service while I watch my friend get 20+ MB down on VZ 4G. What good is unlimited data if there's no service to make use of it? I've noticed a marked decline in speed since the iPhone was launched on Sprint, and I'm tired of things taking forever to load.

Journeyman

This update wrecked my phone! Swype gone like everyone else, but since the update the phone will start opening apps and pulling the drop down open on its own. After some googling was about convinced the digitizer was shot, bit the bullet and did a hard reset.... and all seems well now. Still no swype though, text keyboard seems to be older version now but the software version says 2.95.651.5 710RD.

Journeyman

"Menu/Settings/System Updates/HTC Software Updates - then uncheck the scheduled check box to remove notification."

Thanks for the attempt Grande, but still have the notification there.

Journeyman

"Menu/Settings/System Updates/HTC Software Updates - then uncheck the scheduled check box to remove notification."

"Thanks for the attempt Grande, but still have the notification there."

After unchecking the box,  click on the notification icon, it will prompt you to start downloading the update, select "later" this should remove the icon. As there is no more scheduled update checks the icon should not reappear.

Journeyman

Same story for me with losing Swype after the update.  Keeps tellng me the license is not valid.  Tried to download Swype Beta from on line, but my phone blocks it saying it isn't an app update from Google Play store.  I realize I can tweak the settings to allow, but I was worried about invalidating any warranty there might be through HTC or Sprint regarding my phone and possible future problems.  I did change over to the Trace Keyboard option like mentioned above and it's workable, thanks.  I like to think I'm a flexible person, but this is making me nuts...lol.  So yeah, Swype not working is a big deal, should have been caught and corrected before the update.  I have had some oddball problems in the last week, since the 'update' with things that were not problems before...but perhaps it's just a weird coincidence.  Restarting seemed to have fixed the majority of hiccups.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat