Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3/14 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.95.651.5

Wizard

3/14 - HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.95.651.5

HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.95.651.5

Enhancements/Fixes

- Stream AVI files via DLNA

- Improve Messaging application loading time

- Sprint Connections Optimizer

Important Notes

- Software version is 2.95.651.5

- Refer to the HTC EVO 3D Software Updates blog for install information

38 REPLIES 38
Journeyman

Well all of you that just lost your swipe... count your blessings. 

Ive had an EVO 3d for almost 2 years, this particular one Its brand new, just had it for two months (insurance replacement)

Immediately after the upgrade my touch screen had bouts of being unresponsive. sometimes it was spots on the screen that is wasnt reading, sometimes you pointed at one spot and anotherone lit up. for a couple of days it annoyed me, but the phone still worked so I figured i'd take it in to the store when i had time.

Today is the third day and I no longer have a working phone.  This moning I had internet and phone, when i got home after work there was no connection or even the option to connect to the sprint network.  TECH SUPPORT tried a couple of things and after failing, they tell me the only thing they can do to fix the issue is a factory reset.  They do it, I loose all sorts of data from the phone and the phone still doesnt work.  They tried manually resetting the phone and that didnt work either.

My phone worked perfectly fine before this stupid upgrade, SPRINT youve exposed me to unnecessary risk by having me be incomunnicated and will cost me at least half a days work because I will still hve to go into the store tomorrow, so they can tell me they dont have the phones in stock and Ill have to come pick one up some other day.

I guess Ill just have to cross my fingers and hope I have no emergencies until they decide to re-connect me to the world.

Good thing my contract is up.

Journeyman

Thank you for your suggestion.  I tried it and works.  I will have to do until (if ever) Swype gets resolved. 

Journeyman

I am going to cancel my account after over a decade with Sprint. I don't use Swype but ever since this horrible update I have gone through 3 brand new batteries. My phone cannot charge fully nor will it keep a  charge despite having been plugged in ever minutes since the update! I can nver update my PRL or my Profile, and my phone can't stay on long enough to even update occasionally overnight. Basically the phone is a brick and of no use to me anymore. I have an unlimited data family plan to which I have no use for anymore. This update has completely killed my faith in Sprint and I am just fed up.

Journeyman

Sprint, how could you allow this monstronsity of an update to occur?  You killed Swype on all your customers who have the EVO 3d. Even if HTC is the culprit who wrote this update, it is still your responsibility to test it thoroughly beforehand!  We just want to wake up from this nightmare and find ourselves warm in bed in a world where 2.95.651.5 never really happened.

Journeyman

Update to my previous post on the 26th... Well 2 hard resets and a week of frustration later it ended up being (mostly) the screen going bad after all, a hardware issue not the update that was the true wrecking ball for my EVO. Just happened to be bad timing I guess with the update release. Sprint was great about replacing the screen, did it in an hour and loaded Swype BETA on for me. It's like a new phone now and should do me just fine until the new Galexy comes out

Journeyman

Thanks for this! Couldn't stand seeing it in the notification bar. I already know better than to install updates, they always suck ^_^

Journeyman

You're lucky, my evo 3d digitizer is broken too but my sprint stores won't repair it, only send off for a refurb. I'm so upset that I paid for insurance for 2 years for nothing. Every time I need something from Sprint it never goes my way, so I don't know why I was surprised they wouldn't replace a lil' old digitizer for me. It only costs $20 for the part and 20 minutes for the actual install. Thanks Sprint "techs"!

Journeyman

I am more than extremely disappointed in the response I received from Sprint regarding the problem with the 3/14/13 HTC software upgrade.  Like all of the others, my Swype immediately disappeared.  I found many other problems with my apps that I use at work as an airline captain.  The conversations that I had with the tech people both at Sprint and HTC (who state there is a problem with the update and they do not know how long before a fix will come out) have been of no help.  The Sprint reps just suggest that I upgrade my phone since I am due anyway.  I told them I will not get another HTC product.  I am leaning toward the Samsung Note.  Their offer:  I can get it for $299.99.  I mentioned to them that I find it unacceptable that I should pay the market price when my phone is only a little over a year old and their upgrade caused my phone to malfunction.  I advised them that I feel they should be provide a 25 year, $2100+ dollar per year customer a better discounted price.  I also advised them I could get this price at Verizon and AT&T, so where was the loyalty to a long time customer?  The attitude I received was one of non-caring whether I come or go (with my 3 line account).

Well, I will be sure to post this experience on all of the social media I belong to. Additionally, I intend to email the CEO and every member of the board of directors about my displeasure with their company. 

Journeyman

Capt, I can say with some authority that HTC makes a better phone when compared to others. I've had my hands on every phone that sprints had since they opened the doors in 1997.

Journeyman

The post from WNYMule posted on March 21, 2013.  helped without having to install the beta version.  By going under settings then 'Language and Keyboard', selecting 'Touch Input', and select 'Trace Keyboard'.  It works pretty much just like Swype.

Thanks WNYMule for your post.

Journeyman

I upgraded to this version just fine and so far, I haven't seen any improvements or disable or degraded features (I don't use the Swype keyboard). I am testing the battery life issue over the next few days and (of course) am hoping for battery life improvements [I also want to solve world hunger, too]

Journeyman

Ever since this update, my phone has been dropping ~50% of my calls inside of 1-2 minutes!! Before it was RARE that it dropped a call, usually only when driving through a patchy reception area. Now it happens while stationary at home, at work, places i have atleast 3 bars and never had issues before! Before it would just give the normal soft beep tone like when I hang up and go back to my lock screen, now its popping up a box that says "call dismissed" (with the OK button to close). I thought maybe it was that "Sprint Connections Optimizer" that was in the update, but I finally found how to turn that off and its still dropping calls, except now sometimes it gives a loud angry beep (imagine a smoke detector at 50% volume or computer motherboard error beep).

Sprint needs to either push an OTA option to roll back to the previous version or  upload a new update to fix this. I don't pay close to $100 a month to be a Sprint beta tester! Its been around 2 weeks of having a phone I can't even use and it just seems to keep getting worse. It looks very unprofessional trying to deal with clients and having my phone repeatedly hanging up on them.

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat