cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3G and 4G Data not working for nearly 2 weeks.

Journeyman

For close to the past 2 weeks now, my 3G and 4G connectivity have been almost non-existent and unusable. I have called tech support and they were extremely unhelpful in getting a resolution to this problem, and saying they are working on a issue that may exist. But when using 3G connectivity i am getting a maximum of 80-100 kbs DL and 20-40 kbs upload, on 4G i will get 500-600 kbs DL and 200-400 kbs upload. This is simply unacceptable in every way. I am paying for premium data every month, and now for 2 weeks i have been getting garbage data rendering my phone almost useless for what i need and use it for. It is not simply an outage in my area as i have tried this in almost 20 different towns all through out Connecticut. I want to know what to do about this as i do not feel i should be paying for services i am not receiving. Is anyone else having issues with their data?

Thanks for your help

10 REPLIES 10
Wizard

Hi,

Can I have a zipcode where you experiencing issues?

Thank you,

----George

Journeyman

Sounds like u are having  the same problem everyone else is. It was a bad prl that Sprint sent out . It's fixed now just go into system updates and do a prl update and a profile update.

Journeyman

There were many zip codes i tried to use my internet, 06514, 06518, 06269, 06279, and many other towns to which i do not know the zipcode... New Haven, Wallingford, North Haven, West Haven, East Haven, Milford, Bridgport, Stratford, Norwalk, Stamford.

Master

It appears we're having some issues in those areas and our repair efforts are being delayed due to the recent hurricane.  I'm checking for more detailed information on those areas and will post it in a few minutes. 

Tom

Master

Ok.  We have multiple events for that area.  Out of the 14 towns you posted, I only found 4 without any reported trouble, however the surrounding areas could be affecting parts of those 4 areas as well.  The issues are related to not only EVDO, but voice and over all signal issues as well.  We are aware of these issues and working as quickly as possible to correct them.  Network engineers have been engaged. 

06514 ~ Services affected: EVDO Connection

06518 ~ Services affected: EVDO Connection,Single Cellsite

06269, 06279, 06473 ~ Services affected: Single Cellsite

06492 ~ Services affected: Single Cellsite,Voice

06516 ~ Services affected: Voice

06460, 06615, 06854, 06901, 06511 ~ No official events to report.

If you have a "primary" location with a physical address where your data is running slow and it's not in once of these areas, please private message me with your info.  I can get it reported and added to the repairs in progress. 

Tom

Journeyman

Thanks for your help, i look forward to the technical issues being resolved.

Journeyman

tomdeaver wrote:

Ok.  We have multiple events for that area.  Out of the 14 towns you posted, I only found 4 without any reported trouble, however the surrounding areas could be affecting parts of those 4 areas as well.  The issues are related to not only EVDO, but voice and over all signal issues as well.  We are aware of these issues and working as quickly as possible to correct them.  Network engineers have been engaged. 

06514 ~ Services affected: EVDO Connection

06518 ~ Services affected: EVDO Connection,Single Cellsite

06269, 06279, 06473 ~ Services affected: Single Cellsite

06492 ~ Services affected: Single Cellsite,Voice

06516 ~ Services affected: Voice

06460, 06615, 06854, 06901, 06511 ~ No official events to report.

If you have a "primary" location with a physical address where your data is running slow and it's not in once of these areas, please private message me with your info.  I can get it reported and added to the repairs in progress. 

Tom

Can I point out that you guys are much more helpful and forthcoming than I'm used to seeing from forum moderators at other carrier message boards?

Master

Journeyman

Re: 3G and 4G Data not working for nearly 2 weeks.

Yes I'm having the same issues still with no resolution. This is why I told my husband I did not want to return to sprint

GrandMaster

Re: 3G and 4G Data not working for nearly 2 weeks.

you have a HTC 3D as well or a different phone? youre also posting in an area that wont get much attention from agents. i can link you to an area if you wish for assistance.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat