cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

4G issues.

Highlighted
Journeyman

4G issues.

Hi guys. I love this phone so far. 3g is great and I cant believe I am saying this but the nexus used to hold the 4g better, I never got more than one bar at home with that phone but it never dropped 4g at my house. The evo 3d is just plain terrible at 4g connection. I downloaded the signal info app and I am surprised that the signal is much better than the nexus but droppage is consistent.

The signal goes from -77 to -95 sitting in the same location and keeps jumping around. One time I will have 2 bars and 2 seconds later I will have none, sometimes it works for an hour and the next thing I know it will drop 4g every 5 mins. Very annoying.

Today I decided to give it a go outside. I was with my friend going to school and I was testing out 4g and it did the same thing. Full bars at one spot and next thing I know there are no bars. The same drive my nexus held on to 1 bar all the way through to school. I am kinda amazed that the signal jumps around so much on this phone. While the signal strength seems to be better the actual stability is questionable.

I called amazon and since I exchanged the phone for nexus they told me wait until they recieve that phone and call back to exchange my evo for a new one.

I love the phone and it has no other problem but inconsistent 4g is pissing me off, since I live in good 4g coverage area. If I didn't have nexus( the phone that appearently has connection issues) I might not have knows, but with that phone one bar was all I needed. It would not fluctuate from one bar to no bar, to 2 bars and none.

Anyone having similar issue with 4g? I dont wanna exchange the phone if other people might be having similar inconsistent 4g connection, I might wait for an update.

Hi guys. I love this phone so far. 3g is great and I cant believe I am saying this but the nexus used to hold the 4g better, I never got more than one bar at home with that phone but it never dropped 4g at my house. The evo 3d is just plain terrible at 4g connection. I downloaded the signal info app and I am surprised that the signal is much better than the nexus but droppage is consistent.

The signal goes from -77 to -95 sitting in the same location and keeps jumping around. One time I will have 2 bars and 2 seconds later I will have none, sometimes it works for an hour and the next thing I know it will drop 4g every 5 mins. Very annoying.

Today I decided to give it a go outside. I was with my friend going to school and I was testing out 4g and it did the same thing. Full bars at one spot and next thing I know there are no bars. The same drive my nexus held on to 1 bar all the way through to school. I am kinda amazed that the signal jumps around so much on this phone. While the signal strength seems to be better the actual stability is questionable.

I called amazon and since I exchanged the phone for nexus they told me wait until they recieve that phone and call back to exchange my evo for a new one.

I love the phone and it has no other problem but inconsistent 4g is pissing me off, since I live in good 4g coverage area. If I didn't have nexus( the phone that appearently has connection issues) I might not have knows, but with that phone one bar was all I needed. It would not fluctuate from one bar to no bar, to 2 bars and none.

Anyone having similar issue with 4g? I

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Journeyman

If no one has this issue please let me know so I can go about exchanging the phone.

Highlighted
Wizard

My 4G signal is really dependent upon where I am.  My home is located just on the fringe of a 4G coverage area.  If I am in the middle of my house, I can get a 4G signal, but no bars.  However, if I am near the window, I'll get one bar.  If I set the phone in the window, I'll get one or two bars.

Sometimes, I will lose the 4G signal without changing the phones location.

If I am downtown where the signal is the strongest, I'll often get full 4G bars.  Same as you mentioned, though, I could be walking down to the next block and I'll lose the 4G signal, it usually reconnects automatically, and it probably happens more often than I notice.

I will admit that I don't leave my 4G antenna on all the time, even when I'm in a 4G area.  I usually only turn it on when I'm doing something that requires the faster speed, or using my phone as a hot spot.  I'll also turn it on when I'm making a phone call in case I need to check the web or send data while I'm talking.

I had a similar experience with my EVO 4G.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat