Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/31 - HTC EVO 3D Software Updates version 2.89.651.2

Highlighted
Master

7/31 - HTC EVO 3D Software Updates version 2.89.651.2

HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.89.651.2

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

- Home screen folders

- Launch Bar for commonly used apps

- Improved Android Browser

- Improved Camera Experience

- Face Unlock

- Resizable widgets

- Add/Remove Panels

Have you rated your phone?  Rate the HTC EVO 3D here

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 3.14.651.0

- The customer may initiate the update beginning 7/31 or wait until notifications begin being sent to devices on 8/7

- Refer to the HTC EVO 3D Software Updates blog install instructions 

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, if you receive a message that no update is available,   

check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device 

67 REPLIES
Journeyman

Re: 7/31 - HTC EVO 3D Software Updates version 2.89.651.2

I did the software update 7/4/2012 and now all of my pictures and video's are gone.

Journeyman

Did the update and lost all music pics and vids, some of which are irreplaceable. Shoulda named it EVO 3 DUH. Want my original EVO back

Journeyman

Could anyone help. My EVO 3D told me about the update being available. So i go in settings, hit HTC Software update and it checks and tells me my phone is currently up to date when i do not have the newest software.. how do I download / fix this problem.

Journeyman

As of right now I can't even access the new update. Has it been taken down because of the problemms people are having with pictures/videos being deleted? And has anyone tried installing the update without their SD card to avoid losing pictures & videos? Just curious.

Journeyman

I'm also not seeing the update. Just getting the notice that mine is up to date.

Journeyman

Same here ... Got a notification from Sprint Zone about this update being available with instructions on how to get it. I followed those instructions, but every time I do a HTC Update Check, I get "no updates available". I restarted my phone, did a PRL and Profile update, tried again, and still "no updates available".

Wizard

Check your firmware version.  I updated my phone to ICS on the first day, but I still got a message from Sprint Zone a week later telling me to update my phone.

Also, when I updated to ICS, I had no issues with missing photos/videos.  The first time I went into the photo gallery, it took a long time for the images to load, but everything was fine.

Journeyman

Found this by accident...take a pic with your phone or download one...when you go to look at it your others should load up too...hope thishelps

Journeyman

if I could keep my messages and it run just fine (I only have a lot with my other half the other 4 ppl I text are just a couple dozen or so.... but if  could keep the messages and have speed in GB, why lose it in an "upgrade" of ICS????

Community News

Community News

Find out whats happening on the bridge, we'll share new features and fun on the community as well as exciting news from the mothership...read more.