Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/31 - HTC EVO 3D Software Updates version 2.89.651.2

Highlighted
Master

7/31 - HTC EVO 3D Software Updates version 2.89.651.2

HTC EVO 3D Software Update - 2.89.651.2

Enhancements/Fixes:

- Upgrade to Ice Cream Sandwich (Android 4.0)

- Home screen folders

- Launch Bar for commonly used apps

- Improved Android Browser

- Improved Camera Experience

- Face Unlock

- Resizable widgets

- Add/Remove Panels

Have you rated your phone?  Rate the HTC EVO 3D here

Important Notes:

- The new software version is: 3.14.651.0

- The customer may initiate the update beginning 7/31 or wait until notifications begin being sent to devices on 8/7

- Refer to the HTC EVO 3D Software Updates blog install instructions 

- Updates may be released in stages. When checking for the update, if you receive a message that no update is available,   

check back later or wait until the update notification is sent to your device 

67 REPLIES 67
Highlighted
Journeyman

I had the same issue with loss of pics,videos, and music. I still had all of it on my SD card but the 3D wasnt reading it for whatever reason. The way I fixed it was by unmounting the SD card and then remounting it. All of my photos/vids returned to the gallery and music to the library. Hope this helps some people.

Settings>Storage>Unmount SD Card>Mount SD Card

Highlighted
Journeyman

Didn't work for me :'(

Highlighted
Journeyman
Journeyman

For the people that have a notification " new system update" I had the same problem as you did until on of these Sprint customer service reps had me do a factory reset, once I done that I was now able to see the update when I check my phone software. You need to turn your phone off by poping the battery out, then put the battery back in the phone. Hold the power button down along with the volume down button, hold both for 5 seconds, your phone should turn on. Once its on, there should be a menu that pops up, use the volume button to scroll down to "factory data reset" click that with the power button. The phone now will fully reset everything back to factory settings, so apps, text messages, information might be deleted. You will have to reset up your google mail if you have one, also Facebook app as well. I tried the "reset data" in the phone settings and that didnt work, the "factory data reset" was the only option that worked for me.

The update hasnt gave me any problems with my phone, all my pictures, videos, contacts, camera, and everything else is working great!! I actually like the new software, really nice and seems like my phone is faster now!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

So the update finally popped up on my phone this afternoon.  After reading several comments about the update I made it a point to back up everything important on my SD card.  I installed the update.  So far I haven't had any problems nor did I lose anything from my SD card.  I haven't fully explored the update, however at first glance my complaints are the new menu bar at the bottom of my screen which I canno seen to get rid of, and I can no longer find the power saver mode.  I hope that I'm just overlooking it because if they removed it I will be very upset.  Smart phones use a lot of battery no matter what kind of app killer you use it.  Other than that I still have exploring to do.

Highlighted
Journeyman

im hVing web view issues..... slow, no copy to paste and if i leave the web page to lets say check a text etc it reloads the web page back to the beginning anyone else having issues like this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

hey texas critter, im having the same problems as you Exactly! web pages reloads when unnessesary, visably slower by at least 3 times.. yea 2 to 3 times slower.. kind of unresponsive you have to input something and then wait for it to register before it pops up!

Highlighted
Journeyman

we cant be the only ones!!

Sprint Rep, HELP please?? this is insane as much as I use the web view browser. and redwhiteblue50 i tried to go to google chrome was told it was better....ummm nope!

Highlighted
Journeyman

btw Ive postes on 3 diff post maybe I can gt an answer.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I try to load my messages (SMS/MMS) it gives me a loading screen and is stuck there... any help appreciated!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there somewhere I can see more specifics about the software updates?

"- Improved Camera Experience"

This means absolutely nothing to me.  Last time I ran an update, I was no longer able to turn off the shutter sound on the camera.  Believe it or not, but not everyone that turns the shutter sound off is a pervert.  That was really not an "Improved Camera Experience" for me.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Funny story

Right when I was reading this, I check my phone to see if I lost pictures/music, nope. Then Friend came walking in, "Did you lose your pictures/music with the update!!!!!" Great coincidence.

So, yes it works....I unmounted the sdcard then remounted it for friend

Settings>Storage>Unmount SD Card>Mount SD Card

Went backand forth to gallery/camerashots 2 times it wasnt there. Then on the 3rd try the pictures/music began to load and come back. This is within 30 seconds/1 minute of remounting sd card.

They shouldnt be gone because your pic/music shouldve "naturally" saved on your sdcard. Also, camera seems to take better pictures.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I 100% agree with you about the shutter sound.  I am not a pervert either, I just think it's an unnecessary sound and I hated hearing it.  I solved that problem by installing the instagram app. When you turn the volume off, the shutter sound is muted. I think it's ridiculous that I had to install an app just to get rid of an annoying noise, but luckily I like the app.

I also agree that there should be more specifics or perhaps a brief tutorial because this new update made a lot of changes to the phone.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat