cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7/31 - HTC EVO 3D Software Updates version 2.89.651.2

67 REPLIES
Wizard

Re: 7/31 - HTC EVO 3D Software Updates version 2.89.651.2

Taking your phone into a shower room will not necessarily trigger the liquid exposure indicator. The sticker should be nowhere close to pink, it should be bright white with a clearly defined bright red crosshatch pattern. Just because this indicator has been triggered, does not guarantee that you will have problems with your phone, although it will prevent the Sprint service & repair from servicing the phone. Where did you find an HTC store? Is your phone still under HTC’s 1 year warranty? Below I included a picture of 2 batteries’ liquid exposure detector strips, the top is from a test phone, exposed to virtually no humidity. The one below is my phone’s battery, I have used it in environments with high humidity, with incredible changes in heat/pressure/humidity which would have been able to produce condensate. You may see both are still white, the second is slightly faded, but still shows strong definition of the pattern. Does yours still show a somewhat defined pattern, or is it completely pink?

LED.png

Journeyman

Not really in a good mood today.... I have the htc evo3d since march  i take good care of my phone  no scratches dings or broken parts on it  because that is my lifeline  to call home and  buisnesses  that i deliver to because i drive truck over the road.,... well i got home fri sat i seen it said i needed to do updates so i did i set it down let the phone do its thing and when i checked it it was shutting down i fig to do a reboot after the updates well it shut down then when i tried to power it back on  it frozen on the bright white screen with the green letters HTC , and that was it nothing else i thought id give it more time walked away 45 mins later went to check on it and still same screen  i called cs and they walked me thru the soft and vol power scrn and same thing nothing past that screen so i received an e-mail from cs to take it in to the local store which i did today explained it to him and showed him the papers  explaining that i was told it would be a warranty issue he then asked if i had the ins on the phone and i said yes but it shouldnt be and ins issue i was told by cs , he grabbed the phone took the battery out and said water damage call this ins claim and bye ?????????????? WHAT IS THAT !!!  i asked water damage that phone has never been in the rain snow   pool nothing he told me do you ever go into a bathroom with it i said yes i drive truck and shower at truck stops  thats  he told me thats why  the small white square on the battery is a faint light rose/white color  ... i have to claim it on the ins for water damage ??/ But its a software issue not water , doesn't matter i was told rudely  i showed the phone to a htc store rep in same mall and told her and she looked at it and told me i thats yes its barely light pink and that in her mind isnt enough to claim a water damage, he is just being lazy rude and dont want to do his job  it seems but because its sprint i have to go thu them ...and now pay over a hundred more dollars to get another phone  i just dont understand ,and it  is funny how when i told him yes i got the ins he went right to the battery to look at it like he was not even doing anything about it anyway so he could sit at the desk and play his video game he was into ..... i talked to ppl in the past about this sprint store and it is kinda sad when you hear  nothing good about this same person in that pottsville pa sprint store all i get from others that he is rude and ignorant to customers .......now Im stuck with no phone and leaving out on the road for a week or two for work WHAT TO DO !!!!

Journeyman

The Sprint Zone is going to say there is an update but that is just a message. To verify that it was installed you will need to actually check the version/firmware. However it should be obvious since there was some changes in some features

Journeyman

Sorry to hear that and to gpinterics.

We live in an age of electronic devices and it is common knowledge that devices are not as reliable as their human users expect them to be. Someone somewhere is bound to get a bad device; its just laws of electronics. To expect a device and all its intricate components to work in perfect harmony without failure is like expecting World peace. It is just not going to happen.

Again it is fairly common knowledge that you should never rely solely on a single device for storage and expect it to be safe. That is why it’s a written rule to always backup everything. Loss of data can be due to numerous issues like human error (i.e. not reading through all the directions, paying attention, distraction, etc.), update, a surge to the device while charging, and the list could go on.

So the key here is BACKUP!!!!

Now with that said it is possible to recover said data but most likely by now it’s too late. There is numerous software on the market used in recovering files from devices memory.

Journeyman

After the update the Notes widget is no longer working properly and I had some important notes on there.Also since the update my phone freeze up a lot now and most apps force closes. Would be nice if you can fix it.

Wizard

It's happened to me a few times.  I always contact the game publisher or seller.  In one case, the publisher sent me a new copy of the game (it was not sold through the google market).  In other cases, I either got a response telling me to wait for the app to get an update or no response and an update came shortly after the new firmware.

Journeyman

What can be done if a game that was paid for, and working with the phone before the ICS update is "no longer compatible"? Is there a way to be refunded/compensated?

Wizard

Hello foxxybubbles33, Which keyboard do you use and what’s lighting up on your phone when you use a shortcut to place a call from a shortcut? Apart from that I have to say I am seeing the same speeds while connected to WiFi, and when I zoom in or out the webbroser stays centered in the area that I’m within.

Journeyman

After spending more time searching on other forums and trying several of the suggested fixes I found one that works.

Going into the Settings>Accounts and Sync>HTC Sense I selected "Remove Account."

I then selected the HTC Hub App and signed on to my existing account and now everything works fine again.

Journeyman

Since the update last week I have had no issues on my phone or my wife's, until now.  This weekend she was goofing around setting up skins, scenes, etc. and she showed me a new skin that she had downloaded from the HTC Hub.  I went to do the same and when I tap "Get More" I get the following message:

"No date available. Tap to reload the list."

Of course if I tap it says "loading" for 2 seconds then right back to the above message.

If I try to access the HTC Hub app it says "Unable to connect to the HTC Sense server.  Please try again later."

I've tried to clear cache, clear data, force stop and done the battery pull and nothing has worked.

It says I have HTC Hub version 3.5.2215182510.373870