cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Software Update (v.2.89.651.2710RD), Text Message Screen Says "Please Wait." Cannot access Text Messages.

Journeyman

After Software Update (v.2.89.651.2710RD), Text Message Screen Says "Please Wait." Cannot access Text Messages.

Hi:

Last night (8/7/2012) I updated my EVO 3D with the latest software upgrade. Now I can't access my text message folder, effectively blocking me from sending a message. When I click on the icon, I get a "Please Wait" screen and it doesn't go away. If someone sends me a text, I can access it through the Notifications panel from the top of the main screen, and can respond to them, but if they don't send me a message first, I can't communicate via text.

Any thoughts on how to fix this problem? I've restarted my phone to see if that would work, but it didn't.

Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: After Software Update (v.2.89.651.2710RD), Text Message Screen Says "Please Wait." Cannot access Text Messages.

The first thing I would do is backup everything with HTC Sync on your computer then do a hard reset located by tapping MENU / SETTINGS / STORAGE / FACTORY DATA RESET . Do not check ERASE MICRO SD after that see if problem is solved if yes then restore backup from HTC SYNC. Good luck hope that helps.

Journeyman

Re: After Software Update (v.2.89.651.2710RD), Text Message Screen Says "Please Wait." Cannot access Text Messages.

I'm having the same issue. Updated last night..now I can't access text messages...

Master

Are you using a third party messaging application?   If so  update that application.  If not  got to settings applications> manage applications  messaging  clear data and cache  and power cycle the device.   I that does not work  Go the factory reset on the device.  

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat