cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)

Highlighted
Master

It seams like Google is not walking but jumping so fast that Carriers and Manufactures can't keep up with it. I saw an announcement about a new Nexus 4G coming around Thanksgiving, it will include Android 4.0 aka ice cream sandwich. It's becoming to be a race that no one knows what will happen. Every new phone is doomed to die before it comes out because better and more powerful processors come out, and OS start getting better and in order for you to have the full version of the new OS you will need to either buy a new phone or root your new (now old) one. Maybe a new generation of phones and OS that is not part of Specific wireless carrier will come out in which if you want to upgrade your OS, you will just go to a store and buy it and upgrade like you do Windows in your comp.

Well until then, who knows...

For more info read: http://www.bgr.com/2011/06/15/exclusive-google-nexus-4g-detailed-720p-display-4g-lte-android-4-0/

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Tags (5)
4 REPLIES 4
Wizard

In many ways, smartphones are now at where desktop computers were maybe about 10 years ago. They have transitioned from being almost exclusively used by businesses and enthusiasts to growing quickly amongst the general populous. It's a very exciting time to be part of wireless service, with so many innovations and new ideas hitting the market.

Wizard

Re: Android 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)

I think the developers need to slow down.  Stop coming out with new versions.  We don't see Microsoft doing this.  JUST STOP IT!!!  Each time a new version comes out or new builds for versions, blah blah blah, it slows Sprint down majorly, because Sprint just keep delaying the updates.  Its like when Sprint is ready to push out a 2.3, but discover of the 2.4, Sprint will scratch the 2.3 release and wait for the 2.4.  Its a never-ending cycle. 

I'd really love to email all these developers and scream at them.

Btw, the 4.0 is impossible, because the 3.# hasn't been around yet that I'm aware of.  And its premature to name 4.0 an Ice Cream Sandwich.  Okay... I want to name the 5.0 the Orange Carrot. Done, its official, the 5.0 to come out will be the Orange Carrot.

Master

EpicThunder wrote:

Btw, the 4.0 is impossible, because the 3.# hasn't been around yet that I'm aware of.  And its premature to name 4.0 an Ice Cream Sandwich.

EpicThunder, I think you have not been reading anything on-line or at least the link I provided. Google has been for years in the works for the ultimate mobile OS, and they preannounced the names of the OS they will release. And the release of the Android 4.0 was announced on may 10th 2011

As far as the 3.0 (Honeycomb which is for tablets), It has been out since, I think, Dec '10 or Jan '11, and Sprint released an update for the EVO 4G that has the 2.3 (Gingerbread) about a week or so ago. I think you are just a little behind in the news. So a recap: 2.3 (Gingerbread is for celphones) is already out, 3.0 (Honeycomb is for Tablets) is already out, 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich is for both Tablets and Celphones) is coming Q4 2011.

Here is another link for you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_(operating_system)

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

The phones will jump from 2.xx to 4.0 due to 3.xx is Honeycomb designed for dual core tablets.

Hardware and software have always moved faster then anything else. No sooner then you buy it the product will be either out of date or the next release is being worked on. Try spending $500 for a graphics card on launch day only to find the price dropped by half and some new release less then a month later.

People on my website buy the latest greatest high end computer hardward only to have it be obsolete a month or 2 down the road. Such is the nature of tech.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat