cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android OS Draining Battery

Highlighted
Journeyman

Android OS Draining Battery

For the past 2 days my battery has been draining noticibly faster, about 10% per hour, with light to moderate use.  The difference appears to be that Android OS is listed as the main culpret, as opposed to the display, which is usually responsible for at least 60% of the battery use.  Now the display and Android are battling at about 40% each.   The only thing I can think that I did differently is downloaded the software update to 2.08.651.3 over the weekend.  Has anyone else noticed this, and what the heck is running in the background to cause this?

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wizard

PHXJAG75,

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues. Have you tried the basic troubleshooting steps such as pulling the battery or ensuring no settings were changed i.e. radio options like GPS/3G/4G etc.? Although, if the issue started after the update then you may want to perform a hard reset to the device, this is necessary occasionally after software updates are sent out if you experience issues like this. There's several applications on the market that will help you with backing up your contacts, applications, text, etc. please remember to back up your information before performing a factory/hard reset. Let me know if you have any questions.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Shane,

I did exactly what you suggested prior to reading your message.  After charging it back up to 97% I pulled the battery for a couple minutes.  In the 4 1/2 hours since starting it back up my battery has only drained 10%, and the display is eating up 42% while the OS is eating up only 3%.  Basically, back to normal.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat