cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bad Customer SERVICE....EVO SUCKS

Journeyman

I would LOVE to know how sprint can send out a bad product and cause a customer to have anxiety attacks just at the thought of contacting them and still feel that they have the BEST service. I purchased three new phones on May 11th and have nothing but issues with two of them. I have a EVO shift and it's a piece of crap. I have been lied to more than once by many many different sprint representatives. Just tonight I have spoken to three different people and still no one has helped me. ALOT of prople have made promisses and still no results. I am sitting at home right now with a phone that has NO service, yet my sons phone had service. I have spent over 15 hours on the phone in the last two months, driven 75 miles to a sprint store to have someone tell me not touse the sprint navigation because its not any good, I should use the google maps instead. WHAT thats just great even the sprint reps know that product isn't any good. I purchased a NEW phone not a refurbished phone, I complained within the thirty days more than once I should have a NEW phone sent to replace this bad phone. Then they sent a SCRATCHED up REFERBISHED phone to replace the NEW phone I bought. NOT EXCEPTABLE. I have 2 defective phones out of three that were purchased and sprint is giving me the run around for 2 months now. I start having anxiety just thinking about dealing with them. I will however contact the corparate office if I have to spend as many hours searching for the number as I have spent being given the run around. I will also send a message out on facebook to everyone I have contact with to post how terrible I have been treated by sprint and their representatives.

I have cancelled my house phone because I have three cell phones in the house but when all three of them are not working what good are they. Not to meantion that my phone is defective, sprint also has a problem in my area and knows about it. Funny they know we have a service problem yet refuse to give the proper credit to anyone and make you call continusly to BEG for the credit you deserve.

When I purchased these phones I was also told that I would have sprint HOT SPOT.....YEA...but they didn't meantion that they would charge me for that feature. Just another LIE from SPRINT.

11 REPLIES 11
Wizard

BMPEREIRO,

I'm sorry you've had a poor customer experience with us. I'm going to send you a private message to gather some more detailed information in order to try to assist you with this.

Journeyman

Seriously!  If you really want problems switch to ATT.  I hear the ranting but not what problems you have experienced.  A lot of people have had great experience with Evo's.

Wizard

I've had my fair share of bad experiences over the years I've been  with Sprint.  Two years ago, I was probably on the phone at least once a  week to either complain about my phone or my service.  I was miserable  and ready to jump ship.  However, I can honestly say that for the past  year, the customer service, at least via the phone, has been stellar.  I  don't tend to go to sprint stores very often.

I had the EVO 4G since it came out at launch last year  and it has performed wonderfully.  The only complaint I had was when an  update wiped out an app I had paid for.  Sprint had me repurchase the  app, and they credited my account within 24 hours.

I now have an EVO 3D.  The one I initially received  had a physical defect.  I contacted Sprint immediately.  The CS rep on  the phone was super helpful.  Gave very specific instructions about what  the process would be.  They sent me a new replacement which arrived two  days later.  The entire experience was seamless.

Hopefully, you'll get taken care of in a satisfactory manner.  Good luck.

Journeyman

I would like everyone to know I finally found someone at Sprint that gives good customer service, and finally resolved my issue. After many hours on the phone and even a email to the CEO of the company, Mr. Hassee had one of this assistance contact me. Mrs Quintanbury was just wonderful and a pleasure to speak with. I have to THANK her for quickly solving my issues and making me feel like my concerns were important to her. If I had been treated this way from the begining of these two months I would have never had a complaint. We still have bad service issues in my area, but replacing my deffective phone has been a big improvement, I have had the phone since Tuesday afternoon and maybe had one dropped call instead of twenty. I will say I did switch from the EVO SHIFT to the regular EVO other than gettting used to not having the seperate key pad I'm pretty satisfied with the phones performance so far. I was sent a bad phone from the start and just couldn't get anyone to listen to me, even though I jumped through all the hoops they asked of me. Once again I would like to THANK Mrs. Quintanbury for her wonderful service in helping me finally get this issue resolved. All she was concerned about was making me happy.

Journeyman

ive had really crappy service also

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm sorry you all have had service issues. I know how it feels, but coming from ATT a year ago, I'm quite happy with Sprint's network, too bad the samsung phone sucks. But from a customer service point of view Sprint is significantly better than the alternatives.  I know that doesn't excuse the few Sprint reps that ruin it, but overall, my Sprint experience is head and shoulders above ATT in customer service, service and download speeds...Hang in there and keep at it, you will get to someone that can help you.

Journeyman

I too have had issues with the HTC Evo Shift I hat the hero and accidently dropped it and broke the screen to me not having insurance on the phone I had would have had to pay yet another 400 for the hero well needless to say i ended up getting the shift because it was cheaper  but I never had problems with my first phone. I think it the phone itself. and I have talked and talked to so many people that it isnt funny.. I hate this phone.Really sprint if there is so many people having issues with the Htc evo shift recall the dang phone.

Journeyman

ntime60 wrote:

I'm sorry you all have had service issues. I know how it feels, but coming from ATT a year ago, I'm quite happy with Sprint's network, too bad the samsung phone sucks. But from a customer service point of view Sprint is significantly better than the alternatives.  I know that doesn't excuse the few Sprint reps that ruin it, but overall, my Sprint experience is head and shoulders above ATT in customer service, service and download speeds...Hang in there and keep at it, you will get to someone that can help you.

Former T-Mobile customer here. I have not had a reason to call Sprint's tech support, so I cannot compare phone tech support between the two companies, but the sales reps at the retail locations and the reps on these forums compare quite favorably to T-Mobile.

Journeyman

I have had the Same issues with Sprint and my Evo 4g with Sprint since 2011. I have had to jump through hoops in order to try to get anythiong done otfen to have to tell my story all over again and I have hit the wall with dealing with support over the phone and zero support at local Sprint stores...

Journeyman

I want the CEO's email address too, just in case something happens in future.

Journeyman

Re: Bad Customer SERVICE....EVO SUCKS

I purchased the evo 2 years ago, it was the worst mistake I've made in phone purchases. It started with the abysmal support from sprint it then went to the outragious per minute charge and now the phone reboots constantly. The additional insurance I have on the phone isn't worth the money I've paid sprint they won't replace the phone.Now that the 2 year contract is over I will leave sprint, as a company they suck.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat