cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery Life

Highlighted
Journeyman

Battery Life

Is anyone else disappointed in the battery life on their EVO 3D? I have the screen at about 25% and am using JuiceDefender to disable network connections, etc. when I'm not using my phone and am still only getting about an 8 hour battery life in the first week of owning the phone! I don't even turn 4G on!

26 REPLIES 26
Journeyman

Battery Life

I find the battery life to be very impressive. I get way more than 8 hours out of a full charge. Once I take my phone off the charger in the morning, I actually don't need to plug it back up until the end of the night. Much better than the 4G. What I've noticed when I used my 4G from other friends who had a 4G was that all those apps that people tend to download that are supposed to help your battery life and speed and such, like JuiceDefender and ATKs, tend to be more trouble than they're worth. All those apps are really draining your battery. I've never used them and never found a need to.

Journeyman

Battery Life

All day without charging? Wow, that sounds like my Hero for the first year. I admit I only went maybe a day on the EVO 3D before using JuiceDefender and I didn't use the app on previous phones to judge its effectiveness. I've now uninstalled and will give it a try on its own.

Wizard

Battery Life

With moderate use, my battery will last me all day.  That typically includes a couple phone calls, at least a couple dozen texts, reading/sending email several times per hour, hitting a couple websites, checking for new apps.  Most days I can go at least 11-12 hours before I get the 15% warning.  I've gone as much as 17 hours a couple of times.

The only time I burn through the battery is when watching streaming or netflix videos.  I can usually kiss a full charge good-bye in about hours.

Journeyman

Battery Life

I'm highly skeptical battery life could be that good, but only time will tell...

Wizard

Battery Life

AH28 wrote:

I'm highly skeptical battery life could be that good, but only time will tell...

Why?  There have been several posts from people who are getting 12+ hours of battery life with their 3Ds.  If you're a heavy user, your mileage will vary.  Also, it matters what apps you install on your device.  For example, I noticed that my battery life worsened when I put the Yahoo Mail app on it. 

Compared to my 4G, well there is no comparison.  With my original evo, I'd take it off the charger, and without doing anything other than turning it on, it would drop to 90% during the 20 minutes it took me to drive to work.  Doing exactly on the 4G that I am now doing on my 3D, the 4G would be flashing red after about 6 hours.  Not so with my 3D.

I still remember my pleasant surprise when I looked at the guage after making a 45 minute call, it had dropped down into the 90% range.  2.5 hours later, after making a few more calls and sending some texts, it was still in the 90% range.  I keep my GPS on all the time and I use the weather live wall paper.  I only turn on bluetooth while I'm driving and 4G where I can get a signal.

Battery Life

I agree, there's a considerable difference between the 3d and 4g battery life.  I can understand why he would be skeptical - faster, more memory, higher resolution screen etc.  But its true, I don't think I'll be getting an extended battery for the 3d.  Without the extended battery on my 4g I wouldn't last a full day even with light use.

Journeyman

Battery Life

For those of you having issues with battery life with the EVO3D please try these steps to condition your battery: 

1) Turn your device ON and Charge the device for 8 hours or more

2) Unplug the device and Turn the phone OFF and charge for 1 hour

3) Unplug the device Turn ON wait 2 minutes and Turn OFF and charge for another hour

Your battery life should almost double after this is completed. 

I did this to my original EVO and my EVO3D and I also have JuiceDefender installed and I get about 30 hours to a charge with moderate use.  If the above steps do not work you will need to take your phone in for a battery replacement.  Hope this helps

Journeyman

Battery Life

Why am I skeptical? Day 1 without using JuiceDefender and I am on hour 7 and 37 minutes with only 13% battery remaining. Furthermore, there is absolutely no way I could talk on the phone for 45 minutes, as you stated, and still be in the 90%s. I am not using live wallpaper, do not use 4G and have only made one call for under 5 minutes.

Wizard

Battery Life

I just took a look at the battery statistics on my phone.

Up time

08:23

Awake time

02:12:16

I've made a dozen calls, half of them on bluetooth.  I read well over 50 emails and responded to at least 15 of them.  I only did some light web browsing today, but did hit a few sites that were linked from emails.  I've received several text and sent out at least 30.  I've had GPS turned on all day, the screen is set to auto, I've got the weather live wall paper selected.  I have not used 4G or wi-fi at all today. 

My battery is currently at 53%.

The only thing I've done is calibrate my battery when I first got the phone as instructed by BGMIKEJR2007 post.

I'm sure I will make a few more calls after work.  I know I will get at least a couple more dozen emails, and an equal number of text messages, if not more.  I expect to get at least another 4-5 hours of use before the indicator drops to 20% and turns yellow.

Journeyman

Battery Life

WHAT BATTERY LIFE? I HAVE TO KEEP A SECOND BATTERY WITH ME, BUT I CAN'T GET THROUGH A DAY USING BOTH. WHAT GOOD ARE ALL THESE APPS IF YOU CAN'T USE THEM. AS SOON AS I DOWNLOADED 10 SONGS, IT WON;T LAST 2 HOURS. I'M NOT USING MUSIC UNLESS IT'S CHARGING IN THE CAR AT THE SAME TIME....DON'T KNOW. HAD 3 MOMENTS. FIRST 2 DROPPED 80%OF JUST MY OUTGOING CALLS. I REALLY DID MY HOMEWORK WHEN I PURCHASED IT, AND IT WAS NEW@$479 !!!! WISH I JUST HAD SOLID SERVICE!

Journeyman

Battery Life

From some of these posts on here it sounds as if there are two completely different EVO 3Ds on the market. Some people are having issues with connection and battery life. Some people are saying how great it is. I have been using my phone heavily since I got it on Friday. I listen to podcasts or music almost all day long. I talk on it for hours at a time. I send and receive somewhere around 40-50 text messages and check email throughout the day. One battery lasts me through all that. I usually don't plug my phone up until around 3AM. Does anyone know if there were two batches of phones or batteries that were shipped when this phone was released? I really hate to hear that some people are having a bad experience with this phone. It's been amazing for me so far.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat